In need of dh

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
i've built a few illegal tracks, council found them and destroyed them, even made the local news paper. they say we aren't respecting the forest, we don't have a point of looking after the place, we donwhillers just want to creat havoc! destroying the local forests. both tracks were fully built arond the lie of the land, no trees knocked down, and even erosion was taken into consideration. we even pulled out a heap on lantana, now if that ain't helping the forest i don't know what is!! but i do plan on trying to hide another track in the local forest, because if i'm not downhilling, there ain't no reason for riding a bike!!!!(there's only so much cross country i can handle:eek:)if you want to know where, pm so we don't give away the location on the net. it is south side though.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
mmmk well I totally forgot about this thread :p my bad :p.

So whats the deal with Clear Mtn? Possible to build there? I dont know anything about the area so you may have to fill me in:p.

I know im contridicting myself abit but im not super keen on the illegal thing. But at the same time theres so many worse things that can be done:eek:. Well at the moment me and a fellow farkinburn member are building a track at a certain place that may be slightly frowned apon and when it is done I may consider telling the location ( not on here though ) after speaking with "dirtking." Its totally not shuttle-able but will be a easy walk. If all goes to plan it should be done this holidays.

So i know i totally forgot about this thread but to be fair it didnt seem to be getting anywhere real quick. So please find it in your heart to forgive me <3:).

I would like get get this thread going properly but i dont really know if anyones keen because of the hole illegal thing.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
i've built a few illegal tracks, council found them and destroyed them, even made the local news paper. they say we aren't respecting the forest, we don't have a point of looking after the place, we donwhillers just want to creat havoc! destroying the local forests. both tracks were fully built arond the lie of the land, no trees knocked down, and even erosion was taken into consideration. we even pulled out a heap on lantana, now if that ain't helping the forest i don't know what is!! but i do plan on trying to hide another track in the local forest, because if i'm not downhilling, there ain't no reason for riding a bike!!!!(there's only so much cross country i can handle:eek:)if you want to know where, pm so we don't give away the location on the net. it is south side though.
Oh right... and you're qualified to know what does and doesn't hurt the environment HOW?

Rotorburn does NOT support or endorse anything that is illegal. Don't post about it. Simple as that.

hell yeah dude, if ya need any help building some illeagle trails i'll be there, add me. josh1.obrien@hotmail.com or if ya wanna send a email vicypoint14ever@gmail.com (council can go fuck them selves).
Read what I said above and then add.... "You're a dickhead and you're banned."

taquar

Likes Dirt
I'm all for helping build a good track around Brisbane somewhere, illegal or not. But being able to build one legally is DEFINITELY on the top of my list. Illegal actions are kinda last resort/don't really approve areas... But if there's no other choice, then illegal is really the only option then huh? :(

So Cody..... Where's this track you're building? ;P

Steve the dog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep im all up for building a some kinda DH track, Ive got an 09 Manik in bits out the back that has triples, If i dont have to sell it and I could go out and use it that would be awesome!

...coz i had to go out and get a XC bike (Norco fluid LT1) coz I couldnt find anything remotley downhill...so i had to sell my atomik :(

add me if you want help, I can come out anywheres :D

ferals_cousin@hotmail.com

MitchM

Likes Bikes
I may or may not know of some sweet DH in the mt g area :) pm me if you wanna maybe go for a ride on the road ;) If u get my drift .

colesy123

Squid
Always up to help build tracks - agreed with all above the problem is just finding land. Is Illinbah even accessable when group rides/races arent planned?

Anyway if people need slave labour send me a pm - own a ute with room for bikes and have (some) limited tools.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Found a good spot to build a trail recently and when I went back there to look at lines, found 2 berms in the top section already built followed by a decently steep rock garden. If this sounds like your work shoot me a pm, Me and 2 mates are going to start knocking in some lines down further in the next few weeks. Ladders are being built:D

Ps. It's Northside near a bike shop.

Ben_v10

Likes Dirt
Found a good spot to build a trail recently and when I went back there to look at lines, found 2 berms in the top section already built followed by a decently steep rock garden. If this sounds like your work shoot me a pm, Me and 2 mates are going to start knocking in some lines down further in the next few weeks. Ladders are being built:D

Ps. It's Northside near a bike shop.
pm'edblah blah blah

J

JaRedy

Hmmm guys it's good that you're all motivated to build tracks but really, keep it as private as you can...as you all know it is illegal to build tracks; even though its unlikley anything will happen to you, its still wise to cover your ass. Not posting your email address up, and keeping locations to PM's is a good start.

Steve the Dog - Try and compress that signature a bit! If not, a certain mod might eat your face.

G-Rod

Squid
hey guys id be keen to join in with building and maintaining. If you want an extra hand pm me...

Cheers boys

solokiter

Likes Bikes
hey guys id be keen to join in with building and maintaining. If you want an extra hand pm me...

Cheers boys
Hi Guys,

I have no tools aside from two arms and two legs and a keen head to help out with these trails. I used to build heaps of DJ's in my backyard.

PM me with any details,

Cheers

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
i am super keen to help build trails around brisbane. I live in the cbd and i know of a couple of tracks and areas that could be built on. There is plenty of different tracks around but they are push runs and last like 30seconds but they are not worth the hassel.
it dissapointing because wherever an easy shuttle with a decent hiil is, some old bagg tree huggers have a moan and its not possible to ride there. Mt cootha on the ashgrove side woule be perfect to ride on but the council will never let it happen. I mean for gods sakes if they let one legal trail its not going to effect any one and we would have a decent ride spot with a fast shuttle with in a 20m drive from the city centre probably less.
there is a place called sparks hill at kedron that could have a half decent track if it was legalised (i am not sure if it is or the old track that was there is elligal) but it did have a track when guys use to maintain it. it had a super rocky top section which followed into a decent rode gap and then into flowwy switch backs. that run was only like 1minut maby a bit longer but has an easy look to ride back to the top and the xc loop to the top passes a couple of dj's. If anyone want to come some time to maby re build the track or anyinfo pm me as it is a super easy place to ride with out shutles and has potential.

tb22_gm@hotmail.co is my email so dont hesatait to contact me as i would love to see some spots appear in a close proximaty to brisbane (that is less that a 40m drive)

Cheers Nick

solokiter

Likes Bikes
there is a place called sparks hill at kedron that could have a half decent track if it was legalised.....If anyone want to come some time to maby re build the track or anyinfo pm me as it is a super easy place to ride with out shutles and has potential.
Hey mate, keen as to build. Will email,

S.