Info for Glenrock Riders, Future use of Mtb's in the Reserve

roffle

Likes Dirt
Checked the signs today and some had been torn down, which is kinda ironic in a way. I guess I'll put them up higher next time. I'm sure it was mini riders aswell, there was nobody else in Glenrock this afternoon.

P.S. Was that you crossing the pacific highway outside of Glenrock today Chuck?

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cruzing

I was on my shiney new Blur, built by those fabulous fellows at Drift,

and my oh my, didn't carbon pancreas do a stella job on the build , holding together very well indeed. :lol:

public service anouncment.

Carbon Pancreas is certainly not a pussy, and I do gasp for air in attempts to keep him in sight on the cruzey rides. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :p :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

carbon pancreas

Likes Dirt
oooohhh my :oops: :oops:
Thank you refreshinglygood for that
unprompted and honest piece of flattery!
most unexpected i must say.
And by the way,i dont go on cruzey rides,
im just a master of deception,which creates the illusion
that im going easy.so dont feel too bad.
p.s. dont tell anyone. 8)

roffle

Likes Dirt
1. How often do you ride in Glenrock:
A. > Once a week

2.What is your age:
C.16-25

3.What kind of riding do you do in Glenrock? (May circle more than one)
C.XC
D.FR

4.Do you see a problem with the environment in Glenrock
A. Yes

5. If your answer is yes what are the main environmental problems you see with Glenrock? (List as many as you can think of)
Rubbish in the quarries, destruction of the natural environment via expansion (new trails coming up, removal of dirt from vegetated land etc), increased volume of rider traffic, rider “I don’t care about the environment” attitude ~ mainly from bmx bandits etc, moto riders, erosion from exposure (caused by riders) etc etc.

6. Write any other comments you have here:
Hurry up with the photos cause I’m going to clean up soon..

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Things seemed to have been picking up in Glenrock lately, the amount of rubbish left behind has significantly been reduced, however it was worrying to see a number of small trees near the northshore drop cut down.

Speaking with National Parks they are concerned with the the amount of land each trail occupies so people need to start looking at reducing the width of trails back to single track as well as stopping riding on trails that aren't holding up. At the very least maintenance of these trails. One area that stands out is the creek gap run. The width of the trail in that are can be reduced considerably.

A bit of goundwork with the NPWS needs to be done before we get in and do a mass effort, but that doesn't stop people from getting in on an individual basis and fixing things up. Please note though fixing stuff doesn't include cutting new trails or building new jumps and please don't cut stuff down to block a trail.