Intense Cycles warranty/customer service

scblack

Leucocholic
I would like to see the ACL changed to incorporate this. But not 2 weeks, three months, any failure that results in the item being useless for its intended purpose, is replaced with new.

Good luck ford motor company!
Ford warranty is a pile of steaming shit. I own a Ford Escape (from brand new), but will never ever buy another Ford.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I believe the vast majority of rotorburners are basically looking for a logistics provider, not the full retail experience. I don't need some shop boy to tell me what I need based on his limited brand availability. I'll research the shit out of something before purchase.

Bring on more direct sales I say.
This is a much better model for both sides and I agree with your sentiments.
Consumer gets their product on a much more accurate timeline and said bike company deals directly with any issues.

I have a great relationship with my LBS and they are continuing to grow, but I shop for specific products, not what they may have in stock that could do the job.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quick update: Intense have offered a replacement frame at no cost. Initially I had the shits and was going to push for a refund; however after looking at other options I still like Intense bikes. On top of thst, Andy from Intense Australia has been very helpful so I am going for the replacement frame, then selling off various bits from the existing bike and starting again. Just working out the delivery times for various colours so it should be sorted in the next few weeks!

Thanks again everyone!

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I know, I know! My coit is still sore I’ve been reamed so hard! Just Kiddin’!

When I was looking at options nothing really grabbed me. Specialized are a rip off, Trek are just Trek, and Giant don’t do 29ers. I’d probably end up getting another boutique brand!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nothing wrong with another boutique......... have you seen the new Ibis Ripmo? I'm not a 29er dude but damn.

Starling murmur? So what if being made in a dudes shed ends up with a few alignment issues...... steel is real and you can't get much more boutique than that.

Tranny smuggler carbon? I don't need to say anything here. You like carbon AND trannies, the bike sells itself!

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing wrong with another boutique......... have you seen the new Ibis Ripmo? I'm not a 29er dude but damn.

Starling murmur? So what if being made in a dudes shed ends up with a few alignment issues...... steel is real and you can't get much more boutique than that.

Tranny smuggler carbon? I don't need to say anything here. You like carbon AND trannies, the bike sells itself!
Or Santa Cruz; although they’re probably not considered “boutique”. When I was in Moab, every 2nd bike was SC!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
yeah, santa cruz is just a wankier specialized now. same as yeti. :(

I used to love santa cruz's hump backed dirt jump bike, and the yeti 303 is one of my favourite downhill bikes of all time, regardless of how much maintenance it needed.

Back when people still made bikes out of metal and 29es were for old dudes...............

MARKL

Eats Squid
Great news and outcome. I hope the new Intense experience is a better one. I have to admit my two Intense's have been great. My 29er experience has been a few underwhelming test rides I would love to have a go on a Carbine and Primer to reevaluate

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Quick update: Intense have offered a replacement frame at no cost. Initially I had the shits and was going to push for a refund; however after looking at other options I still like Intense bikes. On top of thst, Andy from Intense Australia has been very helpful so I am going for the replacement frame, then selling off various bits from the existing bike and starting again. Just working out the delivery times for various colours so it should be sorted in the next few weeks!

Thanks again everyone!
Good outcome for you AND intense I reckon. Well done

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can’t get too excited... I don’t have the frame yet! Intense Australia were going to strip down a red/orange primer to get me a frame asap; however I said I could wait a bit as I still need to buy and sell a heap of Parts before i build it.

Last edited: