Intense T275 Carbon Tracer

ChopSticks

Banned
Have done around 600-700 hard AM ks on them and they are still straight and true and the spoke tension is spot on!

ProblemSolvers, just googled them and will be getting some soon.
Sweet ! Exactly what I wanted to hear!
Was afraid build quality would be 'iffy'...but given 6 days in Rotorua, I'm sure any poorly built wheel would've fallen apart !

Word of warning with the mismatch adaptors... they aren't very adjustable.... I ended up using a nail and a BB gun pellet as shims to get the angle right !

spurr

Likes Bikes
*spoont*

Nice ride! Have always loved Intense, but never owned one myself (one day!)

Wondering about the reasoning behind the Shimano brakes with Avid rotors? Thought everybody loved the Ice Techs?

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*spoont*

Nice ride! Have always loved Intense, but never owned one myself (one day!)

Wondering about the reasoning behind the Shimano brakes with Avid rotors? Thought everybody loved the Ice Techs?
No reason. Had the Avid rotors on my Carbine with X0 brakes and then swapped to XTs. Brakes came without rotors so just left it like that. It works perfectly well!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good looking trailbike....

The stem length looks a little long for a modern geo bike and what's up with the bars rolled forward.....

The frame size a compromise?

Bars are just camera angle. Stem, well you really need to ride the bike to know! For me its a compromise between a good pedalling position and a good descending position. This seems to work well for me.

Agostino

Likes Dirt
No reason. Had the Avid rotors on my Carbine with X0 brakes and then swapped to XTs. Brakes came without rotors so just left it like that. It works perfectly well!
Did the same with avids to shimano and decided to go ice-tech and noticed the difference. Highly recommend!

MB

Intense Australia
Looks like you and Sotta beat me to the post on this one!! Great looking build mate, nice job. You are going to be stoked on the way this bike rides, I took mine out for a blast this weekend and am very impressed. Unbleievable through the rocks and rough stuff!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like you and Sotta beat me to the post on this one!! Great looking build mate, nice job. You are going to be stoked on the way this bike rides, I took mine out for a blast this weekend and am very impressed. Unbleievable through the rocks and rough stuff!
I took it for a ride today and loved it.

Pedals very similar to the carbine but the back is a lot stiffer. The Monarch is a huge upgrade from the CTD as well. It holds a line so well. Plus it looks bad ass, very impressed!

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Bars are just camera angle. Stem, well you really need to ride the bike to know! For me its a compromise between a good pedalling position and a good descending position. This seems to work well for me.
How long is that stem, out of interest?

pass

Squid
Sweet ride man! I'm going to place an order on one too soon :)
Question? Did you end up upsizing? some people have been suggesting that??

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, I got the medium and am really happy with the size!

I am 5"11

MB

Intense Australia
Hey Pass I'm 5'10" and run the medium too. Mine is set up with a 60mm stem and 800mm ENVE DH bars uncut. I find the cockpit to be amazingly comfortable with this setup, sounds like a short setup but the wide bars make it work. Never pops the front on the steep climbs and descends like you wouldn't believe!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Pass I'm 5'10" and run the medium too. Mine is set up with a 60mm stem and 800mm ENVE DH bars uncut. I find the cockpit to be amazingly comfortable with this setup, sounds like a short setup but the wide bars make it work. Never pops the front on the steep climbs and descends like you wouldn't believe!
Sounds like a good cookpit setup!

Tofanator

Likes Bikes
Can someone give me a reason why getting the duel poistion Pike 130mm-160mm wuold be a bad idea. I'm currently building my Tracer now and am considering this option. Seeing the rear can be adjusted to 140mm it would be nice to think you can change the whole platform to a shorter travel rig if needed...