Inter Winter XC Series

Knut

Troll hunter
Shared responsibility.

Yeah! Your lovely hosts for this show is... Wombat Mountain Bike Club. The other clubs will help a bit in rego etc if need be.

The reason is that four clubs had four winter rounds and it was hard for everyone. Now, there is four in total. Each club takes the responsibility of running their event of the series.

Knut

Troll hunter
On line entries

Ok, that is on the way pending approval from the Jedi Masters.

We will try online entries and day entries depending on what the appropriate cloubs want to do.

Are you volunteering to help out?

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Here are the revised and locked in dates and venues for Inter Winter 2010:

Woodend May 16
Forrest Jun 20
Castlemaine 4 Jul
Geelong 1 Aug
ahh bugger! that means the Woodend round is now on the same weekend as the S.H.I.T.S. Oh well.... have to give it a miss! bloody mothers day. hehehe

Knut

Troll hunter
SHITS did not advertise

So we change it for you and you don't come? Nice. Somehow, that was not on the calanders.

Anyway, we will be at Woodend.

paggnr

Likes Dirt
Wha tis the format for the Woodend round - and what is the format for the other rounds.

Happy to come and play but info is required to choose events in a solid calender

Knut

Troll hunter
Woodend to open the series

At this stage, a 30km Scratch point to point to grade all of the competitors. Things are still being finalised.

Knut

Troll hunter
No school like the old school

Old School club Ballarat to take on Round 2.

The change is welcomed by all. This series will be absolutely awesome!

New hosts:

Woodend May 9
Ballarat Jun 20
Castlemaine 4 Jul
Geelong 1 Aug

The Woodend page is down so just go to Geelong. Cheers.

Last edited:

WombatMTBClub

Cannon Fodder
Wombat InterWinter XC Race Details

A few more details for everyone that is interested in the Wombat InterWinter Race @ Woodend.

Inter Winter Series Race Round 1 hosted by Wombat MTB Club
Date: 16/5/10
Race start 10.30am
Wombat Track Dam
Fingerpost Rd Woodend
A, B, C grades
30km Loop 95% single track

Online Entry http://entryzone.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=40

Any queries or would like to volunteer please give Paulie a call on 0413597768 or email him on info@link2trail.com.au

View attachment Interwinter.pdf

Last edited:

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
Garmin GPS file of coarse.

Hi Guys, the link will take you too my Garmin page and you can down load the file and follow it on your GPS unit. It makes a great ride anyway.

For those that dont have a GPS some stats bellow.

28.8km long.
720 vertical m of climbing.
At 15km hour you should take 1:55min.

We have also put up a notice board at the Dam that will shortly have a map of the area on it as well.

http://http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31803022

fergo

Likes Dirt
Wombat Track Closed to general public on Inter Winter race day

Just in case you didn't work it out, the Wombat track will be closed to the general public on the race day. If you want to ride it on the Sunday, join the race!!!!

Please pass this info on to those who are thinking of coming up.

Knut

Troll hunter
Woodend to open the series

Just confirming that the race will not be held on Mother's Day. Good work Wombat Crew, it will be a cracking race.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
I want to get ready for spring by racing this for event series. Can someone recommend a club for folks in the West? I live in Sanctuary Lakes (Point Cook) area. I thought about Geelong or You Yangs club, but are there any others closer that are active?

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Geelong MTB Club bases its riding at the You Yangs, which is only 1/2 an hour from Pt Cook. Bloody handy! Lots of keen club racers who use the YY's for training and (of course) general fun.

The YY MTB Club is more downhill oriented. They do the vast majority of the track building and maintenance at the YY's. It's largely thanks to them that our XC trails are as stunning as they are.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
welcome.

I want to get ready for spring by racing this for event series. Can someone recommend a club for folks in the West? I live in Sanctuary Lakes (Point Cook) area. I thought about Geelong or You Yangs club, but are there any others closer that are active?
hi there rear view.
Glad to here you are doing the interwinter series.
You would be most welcome at Geelong. Many of the GMBC crew come from your area and also from central Melb as it is not far down the freeway.
The You Yangs club has more a focus on Downhill' were as GMBC is more the Cross Country Club.
In a few weeks we will also be running our popular NO FRILLS FRIDAY NIGHT SERIES on a friday nights and have a number of fun night races around the Kurrajong area of the You Yangs. for this series quite a few of the newer members are running races and the focus is on fun and introducing riders into racing and organizing races. This may also get you fit for spring and if you decide to help out a bit in the series you get to know alot the of the GMBC crew pretty quickly.

other clubs to look at are the Wombat club who are also a great bunch of riders or fatties based in the center of Melbourne.

here is a link to GMBC membership forms
http://www.gmbc.com.au/membership/membership.html

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
hi there rear view.
You would be most welcome at Geelong. Many of the GMBC crew come from your area and also from central Melb as it is not far down the freeway.
The You Yangs club has more a focus on Downhill' were as GMBC is more the Cross Country Club.
In a few weeks we will also be running our popular NO FRILLS FRIDAY NIGHT SERIES on a friday nights and have a number of fun night races around the Kurrajong area of the You Yangs. for this series quite a few of the newer members are running races and the focus is on fun and introducing riders into racing and organizing races. This may also get you fit for spring and if you decide to help out a bit in the series you get to know alot the of the GMBC crew pretty quickly.

other clubs to look at are the Wombat club who are also a great bunch of riders or fatties based in the center of Melbourne.

Thanks Timmy and mmatrix. I just joined up with GMBC, so now I have a club and an MTBA license. Looking forward to racing next weekend, this will be my first event in Australia. Can someone give me a break down of the classes? In the US we have Cat 3 (beginner), Cat 2 (sport), Cat 1 (expert), and Semi-Pro/Pro. I assume D is beginner and A is pro, but how do these classes map out? Is D absolute n00bs who sometimes put their helmets on backwards and C is experience lower distance/fitness racing? I would assume B is the weekend warrior type, those who ride/race perhaps 10-15 hours/week. And A is the semi-pro/pro guys?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I also joined gmbc. It was not the closest but seems well organised. The no frills Friday series sounds like fun. Did my first real night ride in Bendigo on Wednesday. What a hoot.

trav

Likes Dirt
hi there rear view.

Just to clarify some of the incorrect information about the You Yangs MTB Inc.

We are a mountain bike club that caters for all mountain bikers ,not just focusing on DH . As Timmy mentioned this club along with Parks Victoria are responsible for all of the trail building and maintenance at the You Yangs.