Inter Winter XC Series

redspecialized

Likes Bikes
Well Done GMBC

Well done to the GMBC team for putting on a fantastic event today in beautiful warm sunshine. the 3 stage race is unique to the Interwinter series and it's refreshing to come out and race a lung busting time trial, 1 hour race then a full throttle criterium in one event. A pleasant change from the regular endurance events.

In only its second year, the interwinter series has defined itself as great club racing and great value for money. And don't worry, we'll be back in 2012 with another series.

Finally, well done to Rich Grant for taking out the Presidents trophy. I missed the presentation as I had to rush home but I'm sure Rich made the most of the victory. A request has been sent to Phil Orr for Ballarat's next President......

Dale Boucher
Ballarat-Sebastopol MTB Club

seb710

Likes Bikes
Thanks GMBC great event, that decent is possibly the most fun I have had on a MTB in a long time. The descent made the ascent worth the effort. Can't wait to go back. The cow bell was a ripper, little bit of Le Tour at the You Yangs, bugger the whingers.

Knut

Troll hunter
That was the best day I have ever had racing a mountain bike. Despite pinching twice on the Olympic, I even enjoyed the walk home. It was great to see the happy faces that have grown around our amazing club. I would also like to thank Castlemaine and Ballarat for joining in to make it be what it is.

Rohin Adams once said to me "Good luck with bringing cross country back from the dead."

Well mate, I think we did it. Thanks to everyone involved from planning to pack up. You deserve a well earned round of applause.

fantastic race guys. most enjoyable race this winter.
super compedetive while still keeping a great atmostphere

must give a shout out to nigel with the bean me up van. came to all the events. had to get his van towed out of the mud in ballarat but kept coming back to make us all fanastic coffee. thanks nigel

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder how the poor lady that face planted is going. That looked nasty, I didn't catch the fall, only saw her as she was leaving.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Last edited: