Inter Winter XC Series

kv1973

Likes Dirt
I can't say for certain, but in previous years it has been approx 10:30 for the XCT, 12:30 for the XCO, 3:30 for the XCC give or take half an hour.
ie, it's a full day out.
thanks alot. I'm asking cos am considering bringing the family along. Just thinking if its a good idea. Should be ok if we get breaks between rides.

sossy

Saucier
Intrwinter Round 3 - the GMBC 2 stage race at the You Yangs!!!! Yes - the Youies!

Get on board for what is the first XC race back at the Youies, it's going to be awesome!

The ITT will begin at 10:30

XCO will be shortly after the last riders have finished the ITT

XCC will be shortly after that!

It's a great day out racing, your legs wont let you forget it, but you need to be in it to win it!

The trails have changed a lot since we ran this event last year, and only got better, I can't wait and I'm not even racing!

Cheers,

Rich Grant
President - GMBC

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Despite holding a You Yangs MTB Club membership since 2009 this will be my first time at the Youies. Very, very excited. :)

Is the ITT and XCO course going to be tight'n'twisty or open and flowing. I've both a 26er and a 29er at my disposal and I love riding both, but I'd like to bring the best bike for the course and conditions.

Thanks in advance for any help, J

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bring both, that way if one is twisty and the other flowy, then you'll be set
Thanks mate.

2 bikes for a guy as B grader tomorrow? I'd look like a tool. :smile:

I'll go with the 29er which is what I've ridden mostly and just try have a blast. Hope to see you there. :smile:

Last edited:

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
I will be out there setting the track tomorrow, and will hopefully get a few laps on my HT 29r, so will let you know how it goes! :)

Knut

Troll hunter
No one cares what you ride. Just come along. One thing is guaranteed. You will have a fantastic time.

The weather is looking great. The trails are perfect with this amount of rain and then sun. Mr Winter can now sit down and shut the hell up for nine months.

First race back at the Youees. Oh yeah!

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Tracks are all set and looking good! If you forgot what a rock looks like you will remember by the end of tomorrow :)

adaib

Likes Dirt
Turns out being a marshal isn't actually that bad!! In fact, its a lot easier than riding!
Maybe I'll give racing the flick more often and wait at the top of the hills with my cowbell. Hahaha

Congrats the to organizers, looked like a fun race. Today was my first insight into Youies trails, and I'll be back, I'll just have to practice my 'rock riding' skills

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Turns out being a marshal isn't actually that bad!! In fact, its a lot easier than riding!
Maybe I'll give racing the flick more often and wait at the top of the hills with my cowbell. Hahaha

Congrats the to organizers, looked like a fun race. Today was my first insight into Youies trails, and I'll be back, I'll just have to practice my 'rock riding' skills
Was that you mate? That bell was how I knew that the pain of the climb was over and that the fun starts. Thanks for doing a great job!:clap2:

Many thanks to GMBC, great fun and a nice initiation to the Youies for me. I'll be back for sure, but tonight I'll be having granite boulders in my dreams.

akashra

Eats Squid
As always, GMBC made this event the best club race of the year once again.

I hope people enjoyed the XCC and watching a few tactical races that changed around the order plenty right up to the finish line - we need more of this type of racing.

Benduro

Likes Dirt
Cheers heaps GMBC... That was awesome!
Loved the format. Organisation was spot on, as were the courses.
Everyone there today: You're all a credit to MTBing:clap2:

adaib

Likes Dirt
Was that you mate? That bell was how I knew that the pain of the climb was over and that the fun starts. Thanks for doing a great job!
There were mixed opinions about the bell. I got told where to shove it a few times :biggrin: But if i marshal again, I'll defiantly have my bell to let you know your almost there

akashra

Eats Squid
There were mixed opinions about the bell. I got told where to shove it a few times :biggrin: But if i marshal again, I'll defiantly have my bell to let you know your almost there
Unfortunately, as discussed with a few other riders today, not everyone was as well behaved on course - there most certainly are a few characters that are not the types we want in this sport starting to appear as it grows slowly. This was particularly noticed with attitudes at the tail end of the B grade field.

akashra

Eats Squid
Let's try to keep riders having to be scared of non-competitors trying to dong them to Westgate Park, shall we?

Rachael

Cannon Fodder
Thanks GMBC, that was a fantastic day out. Riding boulder track and cressy's was definately a highlight.
Did anyone happen to find a multi tool out on the track? I got one half of it back, but the other is still missing.