DH Intese M9 - THE BIKE ( NEW PHOTOS )

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After lending my commencal to my mate who decided to claim it I was out of a bike, that wasn't such an issue as doing year 12 and filming the National and State Series I have little time for riding anyway. However, the 4 months off the downhill bike practically killed me, I missed it so much and was depressed every time the lads went riding without me, it wasn't the same anymore.

So I decided that I would get a bike, I thought long and hard about what I would do, if I would get something cheap to save money and still have fun on, or would I build my ultimate dream bike once and for all, well no brainer really, I had to build the dream.

So I began saving, I already had some parts left over from my commencal that my mate didn't use, so I didn't need to get all the parts. At this point I was still undecided on what I wanted, Bike Edge Wadonga, who sponsors a group of us deals with Yeti, kona, Commencal and Intense. I'd already owned a commencal and with the new model a long way off production I decided I couldn't wait and wasn't going to get another the same. The Limited edition yeti's had sold out, so that was a no go, and the Kona's didn't come in a frame set.

None of this really mattered however, I already had a thing for intense, from when I started riding in 2007 I always loved the M series, the M6 in particular was a favourite, something that I always wanted but never had the coin to get. I don't know what it is about them, but the lines are just perfect, and from the reviews and limited riding I did they are an awesome bike. When watching TIA the segment that I enjoyed the most was Chris Kovariks, watching his pull those huge whips on that dialled M6 really made me want one more.

When they stopped making the M6 I was shattered, I wanted a new one in blue, the thought that I may never get one in my size and colour saddened me, it may not sound like a big deal to some, but there will be some of you out there who understand how pedantic we can get about our bikes.

So I got an intense SS, the next best thing in my books, built it up and drained the bank, hardly even got to ride the thing before realising I didn't have the coin for new camera equipment and money for accommodation and fuel for the coming season, so sadly the SS sold. A huge blow, my only intense I ever owned was gone within a month of finishing the build.

Then the M9 prototype! This was a godsend, I was excited, but still felt I could not afford the beast when it did come into production, so my excitement gave way to stop the shattering reality that I may not be able to own my dream bike, I forced my want for it out of my mind and continued to love my commencal. But once the commencal was gone I had no downhill bike, I felt empty and that's when I decided, I will build a bike, 'THE BIKE', I will get the M9, I committed, saved as well as did year 12 / am doing, filmed, and paid for my first car.

I did it, Saturday the 28th May I got my M9.

Thanks to Matt at Monza and Glenn at Bike Edge.

Frame - Large Intense M9 Signal Blue
Shock - RC4 (Ti Spring)
Fork - Fox 40 Ti Spring
Handlebar - Gravity lite 800mm
Stem - TBC Direct Mount (Transition Bike Company)
Headset - Cane Creek Angle Set
Grips - ODI Ruffian Black
Saddle - SDG Ti Fly Kevlar
Seatpost - Thompson Ti Bolts
Brake - 2011 Code, ti rotor bolts (Ti bolts)
Cranks - Saint
Chainguide - e13 LG1+ (Ti bolts all round soon)
Chain - Sram
Pedals - Limited Edition Strait Line JL (Gold Pins)
Derailleur - X0 Carbon cable
Shifter - X0
Cassette - Sram
Wheelset - Standard Silver Deemax
Tyres - Continental De Kaiser
Total weight - 18kg, steel spring and tubes.

Got it built last night, got some photos this morning before school, will get some better ones tonight.

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
Needs moar cranks, ahaha.

Nah, seriously, it looks amazing Jake, the Dee-maxs go so well with it, easily one of the hottest bikes out once it's complete :)

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needs moar cranks, ahaha.

Nah, seriously, it looks amazing Jake, the Dee-maxs go so well with it, easily one of the hottest bikes out once it's complete :)
haha, cranks are pictured, look on the bench.

Yeah, looks even better in person, just want to stare at it all day but I've got editing to do. Can't wait to finish it.

Staunch

Eats Squid
haha, cranks are pictured, look on the bench.

Yeah, looks even better in person, just want to stare at it all day but I've got editing to do. Can't wait to finish it.
Oooh, I see :)
When you finish it make you take pics before you ride while it's still shiny. I still regret thinking 'Ah yeah, it'll go for a shoot when I get back from Eildon, it should still look new then' ahaha

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oooh, I see :)
When you finish it make you take pics before you ride while it's still shiny. I still regret thinking 'Ah yeah, it'll go for a shoot when I get back from Eildon, it should still look new then' ahaha
Hahahaha, that almost happened to me at long Gully, but I showed restraint and put it in the car, will get some prime shots before I ride it at all, want some really good quality ones for wall papers on my computers.

welliot

Likes Dirt
I was feeling all type of emotions while reading that story :) but it really is one amazing bike, well worth the wait :)

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was feeling all type of emotions while reading that story :) but it really is one amazing bike, well worth the wait :)
Haha, yeah it's a amazing bike, but I think the story also adds to it.
Thank your dad for helping me build it!
New photos added, complete photos tonight if all goes well.

Last edited:

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
polish or raw the dropouts and linkage`s to match the deemax that would look sweet .
Was pondering that the other day, still undecided, will do a photoshop and see how it looks. Might just happen, we'll see.

Haha nice story jake :)

bike's alright too
You know it Jackson, it's only alright I guess...

Sweet colour same as mine
So it is, lucky I didn't claim it was the only one in that colour or anything like that. Such an amazing colour, looks so good in person as you would know!

Thanks for the comments guys. I finished building it late tonight, was too dark for quality photos as I don't have an external flash. Will get some tomorrow afternoon and get them all online for you.

So happy with how it all went together, such a dream, never built a bike that has had some few needs for tweaks, like the BB spacers and chain ring spacers all only went on once and aligned the chain ring perfect, first go. Never can I say I have had that happen before! Got the gears all tuned up ready to go. Haven't done more than sit on it yet, want to get some awesome photos before the first ride, while everything is still fresh as. Future mods include, some ti bolts here and there, Thompson seat clamp and a ti spring.

Weight tomorrow arvo, will be 17.-- something if my calculations are correct.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I couldn't wait to get a photo online of it finished, so I got up early this morning and snapped a pic before school!

More this arvo!

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
Looks soo nice man, Saints and Straitlines set it off nicely :)
Would be better with Saint brakes too but meh, it's still nice, ahaha

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks soo nice man, Saints and Straitlines set it off nicely :)
Would be better with Saint brakes too but meh, it's still nice, ahaha
Yeah man, it looks so good built up now. Am so happy with it, can't stop looking at the thing.

Nah, have to disagree, Saint brakes aren't big in my books. Those codes on it are the go.

Sorry I didn't get fresh photos up tonight, I had to walk home and it was pretty much dark when I walked in the door, tomorrow night might be more eventful.
Had my first pedal around the house yard tonight, feels like it is going to love downhill, can not wait to ride it when ( / IF) I get some free time.

Last edited: