DH Intese M9 - THE BIKE ( NEW PHOTOS )

Sadunicorn

Likes Dirt
instead of ti bolts to save weight get alloy ones and for things like rotors and brake mounts half the ammount so use 1 in brake mount and 3 on your rotor :p only messing with ya, but ya can if ya wanna be a weight weenie:)

nice bike man like others have said nicest M9 i've seen ride it hard mate

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride report?
Ok, Finally had a chance to get out and really ride this thing today, would first off like to thank Adam and his dad for taking us. So we went and rode the local spots in Beechworth, the weather had been a little shitty lately, so the tracks are damp to say the least, some featuring some rather lovely ruts. This didn't stop us from having an awesome day however. First impressions were great, I haven't had a chance to really adjust anything as I haven't tested anything yet. I'm running out of the box settings which are the middle shock setting and middle drop out setting, I'm also running the 1 degree angle in the angle set. Now I'm going to start by saying for a large it doesn't feel huge, I'm only 6 foot tall and it fits great, I almost went a medium, but am very glad I didn't. The bike pedals very well, don't seem to bog down, this may be attributed to the RC4, which I also haven't changed from out of the box yet, I soon plan to set it up like the recommendations on the intense site, although I haven't changed anything it still felt great. Forks are already set up to suit me due to them coming of my old bike, they felt great as normal even though they haven't been used for 3 months, the time off the bike made getting back on it take some getting used to, this didn't take more than a run and I felt back at home but, minus a little pace from months off the bike. The bike setup like it is feels good to me, feels stable as at high speeds, very comfortable, also in rock gardens due to the solid build it loves it. When hitting some bigger stuff the rear feels bottomless as you land, coupled with the 40's up front the bike feels amazing, cornering feels sick, the longish wheel base doesn't suit super sharp corners, however, generally on a real downhill track it feels sick, open corners it loves it, tracks incredibly, partly attributed to fresh continental tires. When jumping this bad boy it floats very evenly without feeling like your riding a wet noodle, feels very balanced, wants some bigger jumps than what I was riding, can't wait to hit some bigger stuff and send the back out. Over all the bike feels great, with a little time and effort spent in the future to try some new settings I'm sure it could feel more than incredible. Can't wait to ride the thing some more, enjoyed every second of it.

murphnat

Likes Dirt
what about using a dream crusher and putting the bike on the scales? It would be interesting to see what she comes in at.

Moodge

Likes Dirt
Must say that is a nice looking build.... I have some of those deemax coming for mine soon..... stoked.

How u finding the tyres?.... was thinking of breaking a loooooooong Minion tradition and trying some.

:)

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what about using a dream crusher and putting the bike on the scales? It would be interesting to see what she comes in at.
Put it on the scales at Cal's a couple weeks back, came in at 18.4kg, the scales read 0.4 once we took it off the scale, so 18kg flat. That's with steel spring and DH tubes.

Must say that is a nice looking build.... I have some of those deemax coming for mine soon..... stoked.

How u finding the tyres?.... was thinking of breaking a loooooooong Minion tradition and trying some.
Tires are sick, second set I've run now, don't role as fast as minions, but are better in every other way IMO. Grip better, last longer, and are easy to put on / take off. I say give them a go, I've been so happy with mine. Wouldn't bother with anything else.

Moodge

Likes Dirt
yo, got the deemax and Contis on today, weighed in at 17.24kg.
Not bad for a large.. now to see how long it takes to crack.. haha