Iron Horse Yakuza Bakuto (hardtail)

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys
I have recently accuired an 03 Iron Horse Yakuza Bakuto hardtail frame and have a few questions

1.How much travel can you push out that 1.5" headtube
2.What deraliure hanger do they take have been looking every where

Also dose anyone know of where to get an 11t-19t casset, there is one CRC but its $203.42 and i don't feel it necessary to spend that sort of money on a casette.

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
Check out derailleurhangar.com for the hangar.

Why do you want an 11-19 cassette? What's wrong with 11-23?

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out derailleurhangar.com for the hangar.

Why do you want an 11-19 cassette? What's wrong with 11-23?
derailleurhangar.com has returned nothing which is strange

and 11-19 is the minimum range casset and i don't want 11-23 because i want the smoothest shifting possilbe

T-Rex

Template denier
Are you also unable to find the beer in the fridge? IH hanger No 67: http://www.derailleurhanger.com/ironhorse.htm

and 11-19 is the minimum range casset and i don't want 11-23 because i want the smoothest shifting possilbe
Wow - you can notice the difference in shifting quality between 11-19 and 11-23? Looks like you are up for a couple of hundred dollars then, don't know what else to tell you.

Last edited:

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was looking for a 03 model now have it right next to the screen it looks to be the same i haden't looked at it much before hand

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Wow - you can notice the difference in shifting quality between 11-19 and 11-23? Looks like you are up for a couple of hundred dollars then, don't know what else to tell you.
Not necessarily. I have some cassettes left from when I wrenched for the Polish team at the Sydney 2000 Olympics, they're 9 speed 19t-19t, I have a 20t-20t as well. $40 ea.

- Joel

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not necessarily. I have some cassettes left from when I wrenched for the Polish team at the Sydney 2000 Olympics, they're 9 speed 19t-19t, I have a 20t-20t as well. $40 ea.

- Joel
19t-19t?
11t-19t?
would you do say $35 posted?

T-Rex

Template denier
also a seat post size would be nice
Gee, you are very interactive for a so called "Troll". People are even trying to sell to the "troll"!!!

Here's a wild guess on this question: The same oddball size as other IH frames, can't remember what it is, but there have been three different IH's in the shed, all with the same oddball size...... Someone help me out here......

Anyway, there's still a few posts kicking around in the parts bin, pm me your address and I'll send you one, if it fits you can send me back a few bones.

Last edited:

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i am aware hes having a go READ the earlyer post and he said he has an 11-19t and an 11-23 cassettes
and i have verniers thanks but there on loan to some one and a ruler is in accurate as a piece of string

felts bend

Likes Bikes
umm in years of pipework a ruler has served me quite fine you use the half mm increments for added precision and measure centre to centre its not that hard

haydn

Likes Dirt
possible for pics for both these casettes?
Oh sorry bro! I just figured when you asked for pics you were pretty sure they existed. S'pose you were onto it though buddy! On ya! I dont know what sort of ruler you've got but maybe its time to get rid of the one grandma found in her christmas cracker and buy a mans ruler. With numbers and shit.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Gee, you are very interactive for a so called "Troll". People are even trying to sell to the "troll"!!!

Here's a wild guess on this question: The same oddball size as other IH frames, can't remember what it is, but there have been three different IH's in the shed, all with the same oddball size...... Someone help me out here......

Anyway, there's still a few posts kicking around in the parts bin, pm me your address and I'll send you one, if it fits you can send me back a few bones.
I believe 30.0 is the size you're looking for. Whoever decided on that one should be shot.

- Joel

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh sorry bro! I just figured when you asked for pics you were pretty sure they existed. S'pose you were onto it though buddy! On ya! I dont know what sort of ruler you've got but maybe its time to get rid of the one grandma found in her christmas cracker and buy a mans ruler. With numbers and shit.
i have good rulers i just liek to have thigs accurat to withing a thousanth on a mm
as good work shop practice

haydn

Likes Dirt
i have good rulers i just liek to have thigs accurat to withing a thousanth on a mm
as good work shop practice
A thousandth of a mm? Why bother when seat post sizes go down to a tenth of a mill. If you wasted time measuring shit to the thousandth mm you wouldnt be getting much work done. Talk about over kill.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A thousandth of a mm? Why bother when seat post sizes go down to a tenth of a mill. If you wasted time measuring shit to the thousandth mm you wouldnt be getting much work done. Talk about over kill.
im a metal worker so every thing is mesured machined to a thou of a mm and trust me its not over kill its the old mesure twice cut once