is mtb park closing?

louispijpers

model citizen
i was just on the mtb park website and found out that the park is closing because the land owner thinks things are getting out of hand. thats farkin stupid i was planning to go down for the first time next week end :cry:

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just found out myself.
have a look here to find out whats happening.
http://www.mtbdirt.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2241

shame that as usualy happens, everybody wants to play, but no-one wants to help and be responsible.
we realy do bring it on ourselves :(
if ANYONE has ideas or suggestions that can help please contact shane and see if it can be saved. please only send helpfull suggestions or comments cause i'm sure this is difficult enough for shane with out dicks making it worse.
if anyone thinks they can help as far as infrastructure, medical, or whatever, sounds like you have a couple of days to help or it's all gone.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately there is nothing they can do. Thats a real cop-out letter by the owner as far as I'm concerned, although I do not know the circumstances so I guess i shouldnt be commenting (too late!).

Congrats to everyone who made the mtb park what it is today, and sorry to see all your hard work go down the drain.

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
dam, that is REALLY bad news. I thought the mountainbike park was destined for big things, i'm still overseas, so i never got a chance to see it, but i was SO looking forward to riding there when i get back.

i guess its going to be a looong time before anthing this promising happens again....might have to move to cairns

bazza

look at me
it feels like i have just broken up with my girlfriend all over again. shit. that really really sucks. me and a crew of riders from townsville had planned to travel down to brissie mainly because of the park and all the other tracks. this is really really sad. may mtb park be reincarnated one day! has anyone contacted mtba about getting cover for it or anything?