Is this 29 worth it?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
As a Yeti rider I agree, bearings in the original Switch have never lasted a long time. It rides great but requires regular maintenance. In terms of a 29er
Cyclelink in Bayswater has some specialized frames behind the counter for under $200.00. Older models but brand new. I have been planning a single speed build using a Rockhopper but need to make room for another bike first. They also had a 2013 Camber with shock for a little over $400.00 Size M.
Seems like a good start.
Seems I've a visit to Cyclelink in my near future. God damned enablers.

Z

Zaf

Dude, the people who have bought your pre- switch infinity frames can read this...
Don't act like you didn't know!!
I still love the SB66c and it was bittersweet letting it go, but compared to every other frame I've owned, that Switch Link needs more maintenance, switched bearings out a few times on that frame, and it was riding dry conditions with good and loving maintenance intervals.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Don't act like you didn't know!!
I still love the SB66c and it was bittersweet letting it go, but compared to every other frame I've owned, that Switch Link needs more maintenance, switched bearings out a few times on that frame, and it was riding dry conditions with good and loving maintenance intervals.
Like a hot chick with a beauty mark, it just adds character (that’s the story I’m going with)

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

Like a hot chick with a beauty mark, it just adds character (that’s the story I’m going with)
Genuinely think it works a bit like that. If it was just perfect all around it wouldn't have the drama about it!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Genuinely think it works a bit like that. If it was just perfect all around it wouldn't have the drama about it!
Once you get your Nicolai you might change your tune.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't worry, the Nicolai has a single drawback in its weight.
It's yet to be seen if that makes a huge difference for me.
Maybe you should have got a Turner...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nick 77

Squid
Cyclelink have a range of 26 inch frames in addition to the 29er frames which would be perfect for kids by todays standards. Jase is the one to speak too.
There was a Crave SS in a small size and a couple of carbon frames. I did spy a couple of intense frames not sure which.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cyclelink have a range of 26 inch frames in addition to the 29er frames which would be perfect for kids by todays standards. Jase is the one to speak too.
There was a Crave SS in a small size and a couple of carbon frames. I did spy a couple of intense frames not sure which.
I'd like to see some pics...

Nick 77

Squid
Steve Jobs, the very fact that you are on this website suggests that the answer to the Anaconda bike is no. As a keen mountain biker you know the first thing you are going to do is want to upgrade something anything which is going to set the wheels in motion. From that point your bike will start to transform and end up costing the price of a bike you really wanted. Maybe look at a flat bar gravel grinder. The bike will be really specific to your needs and not have heavy cheap suspension that will suck. You could make one out of an old 26er frame with 700c disc wheels. Hit your mates up for old parts and get riding.

Essay over!