It's a trap

Alternate title: Steve Jobs' Pancreas' super happy massage thread

So my traps (of which I believe there is only one) have been killing me since starting this new gig. Pretty desk bound and whilst I still walk 10,000 steps most days it's in big blocks meaning long periods of not moving around.

So on the reccomendations of colleagues at work I see this masseuse of Thai origin. Never had a massage before (your honour) and not to sure what to expect.

Any concerns of it moving ala Costanza are quickly dissipated with an elbow in the shoulder blade and knuckles jabbing my neck.

"You stay longer, work harder must"

Awesome

Now I start doing my times tables for a reason I've never contemplated before.

I guess at least my back hurts differently now.

She said keep the fluids up, beer is fluid.

There is no point to this thread.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You big girly man! You harden fuck up!
Thai massage is a pseudonym for, let's see if we can squeeze your adenoids out you jap's eye....

stirk

Burner
I tweaked my right trap getting on the train this morning, a routine thing I do every day. And this is after I watched that video link you posted to relax them.

Now where are my belts...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you after any tips on avoiding/reducing the work vs traps issue?

Or just how to avoid awkward boners while the Thai girl rubs your oiled body? A friend of mine, let's call him Jimmi, once got whacked by a Thai lady right on the head for being to alert to her massage technique. No this did not happen to me.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Or just how to avoid awkward boners while the Thai girl rubs your oiled body? A friend of mine, let's call him Jimmi, once got whacked by a Thai lady right on the head for being to alert to her massage technique. No this did not happen to me.
Yeah whatever Jimmi...

stirk

Burner

Getting whacked on the head makes you more aroused, wtf, that masseur was playing with you.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just bite the bullet and ask her politely if she does extras, she will know exactly what you're talking about.:tape2:

There really was no point to this thread, it just came from boredom.

Yes my traps are really shitting me at present, I don't believe I have the best posture, caused by stiff joints. I've been aware of it for sometime but I hate stretching and thus I never do anything about it. Whilst it hinders performance at sport (surfing, soccer, biking, martial arts, nocturnal activities ) its never been a day to day issue until I became significantly more desk bound.

So my strategy is get my back loosened up, start swimming a couple of times a week (want to surf again) and try to stretch a bit. I'd do yoga but for the flatulence. Mine and others, mostly others.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Yes my traps are really shitting me at present, I don't believe I have the best posture, caused by stiff joints. I've been aware of it for sometime but I hate stretching and thus I never do anything about it. Whilst it hinders performance at sport (surfing, soccer, biking, martial arts, nocturnal activities ) its never been a day to day issue until I became significantly more desk bound.

So my strategy is get my back loosened up, start swimming a couple of times a week (want to surf again) and try to stretch a bit. I'd do yoga but for the flatulence. Mine and others, mostly others.
Try using a foam roller twice a day, you get a bit of a stretch workout at the same time. There is lots of info on the net on how to use them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Fair enough. I was desk bound for a long time too. Holding your body in place all day is hard work, so get up and move around for a few minutes every half hour. Easy one is to go get a drink. Move/rotate your head while you are working as holding it fairly still staring at the screen is also a factor in this. Neither of those things require stretching and are easy to do.

If you want to kick up a mad stink at work you can turn it into a whs issue and score massive amounts of time to Bludge. There is some great whs programs, I used to have one that monitored my key strokes...locked me out everytime I started typing too fast for too long.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
The trick with a roller, is not to roll. Find a really sore spot and just hold your weight on it til it fades, then roll to the next sore spot. Theres no point rolling up and down on them, that's just like giving your self a really awkward relaxational massage.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Ween... while not my favourite band, they definitely played the best gig ive ever seen. Utterly bonkas.
Your signature is great too, alas I can't say I saw Hendrix :(

On the roller front, you'll prob find it hard to get your traps on it, try a lacrosse ball instead, far more painful and much more effective!

I had to google wtf is a lacrosse ball !!!

If I go into Rebel to buy one I'm half expecting Rodney Dangerfield to appear to blaring American college rock and it will start raining women's underwear !!