Its a (wankers kids) bike.

moorey

call me Mia
PICKED UP SOME CHEAP LIGHT REPLACEMENT PARTS SINCE FIRST BUILDING. UPDATED PARTS LIST HERE, AND NEW PICS ON PAGE 3.
Been collecting odds and ends for my daughters first 26", she's just turned 7, and perfect for her 20", but this was a boiler.
Only really had the frame locked in, bought it 12+ months ago. Kinda had a set of wheels I'd bought unseen, that a mate from other side of Melbourne picked up and had been holding in his shed for the best part of 12 months that I'd all but forgotten about.
Long story short, wasn't in a rush, seeing as daughter is at least 12-18 months away from moving up, but a couple of weeks ago, a workmates said his 9yo boy is entering a few junior iron man events, and he asked advice on a bike to buy. He wanted an MTB, as the kid wants to get into a bit of riding anyway. After showing him a few options and discussing costs, he decided Kmart was his best option, or a rusty old bmx that his neighbour could lend.
When I removed my palm from my face, I promised him I'd sort out a bike for him to use, and keep for at least the next 6 month....insert panic, when I realised I only had about half a bike ready to go. Enter boomking and Kingshill to do a 2 stage couriering to get the wheels back here for tonight. Dales Cannon donated a sweet little set of dual air 100mm rebas, and is forever in my good books. Other parts were laying around, aside from brakes. Bought some BB7's off here the other day, but they are pretty munted, and needing pads, so stole the brakes off my commuter, and will piece together some 486 levers and m800 calipers if I can't get the avids functioning.
Anyhoo, super chuffed how it's come together. A few changes to come if I get time in the morning. He needs it by 2pm today.
I present to you, a bike:

Frame - cube acid 14"
Front shock/fork - RS SID wc dual air
Handlebars - Richie 600mm
Stem - Uno 40mm
Grips - ruffian
Seatpost - truvativ
Front brake - m775
Rear brake - m775
Cranks - X9 170 with 28t works NW DM ring.
Pedals - wellgo mags
Rear derailleur - X9 middy
Rear shifter - XO 9sp
Cassette - XTR 11-32
Front hub - EASTON
Rear hub - EASTON
Front rim - Carbon haven
Rear rim - Carbon haven
Rotors - avid 160 mix
Tyres - Furious Fred Evo 2.0"
Total weight - NOW 9.25kg.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Nice work. The boy will be a bit happy I'd reckon. Good luck getting it back for your daughter.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Everyone needs to experience kmart bike once in their life time....

Kids these days, rebas, so spoilt. Back in my day....

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If he wears the tyres out and goes to replace them, he will realise they cost same as a Kmart bike, and return it.....
Good onya pal!

Your mate has a Kmart budget, you get the kid used to some quality gear and then rip it out from underneath him.

moorey

call me Mia
Good onya pal!

Your mate has a Kmart budget, you get the kid used to some quality gear and then rip it out from underneath him.
Or hopefully show him the difference, and get him to spend up to $400-500 and I'll build something up. He spends that a month on running shoes and recently bought himself a pinarello or similar for his own road/tri riding.

moorey

call me Mia
Few late changes.
165mm cranks, top guide, and a 36t, to suit the road use its mainly needed for. I've got a new fucking 34t 5 arm....but finding it is another matter...:noidea:
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

redline316

Likes Dirt
As boom king said good luck trying to get that back. Thats a sweet little ride, daughter will be well happy if/when she gets it back lol.

moorey

call me Mia
Just delivered it, kid is bigger than my boy, who's same age and been on 26" for 2 years, but the boy reckons it felt a but big. Left it there, told him to ride it for an hour and see how he goes...or its back to the bmx, and my boy can opt to ride it till daughter grows. Every kid needs a quiver :behindsofa:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just delivered it, kid is bigger than my boy, who's same age and been on 26" for 2 years, but the boy reckons it felt a but big. Left it there, told him to ride it for an hour and see how he goes...or its back to the bmx, and my boy can opt to ride it till daughter grows. Every kid needs a quiver :behindsofa:
Kiwi eh?

Was in there yesterday, I swear!
There is a chain ring under the bottom selection of forks. How many forks do you need?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
those bleck on bleck rev's look so lonely down by themselves. i'll happily give them a loving environment.

moorey

call me Mia
Besides, they are all committed except one spare straight steerer set. One has gone to stoo, one has gone to daughters build, one set will go on spitty when I find new frame for pikes, Sektors are for sale, one set will soon go on boys bike to replace qr Rebas, and the Boxxers are bin fodder. It's a fluid collection, that just appears to be a glut.