Its a (wankers kids) bike.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Besides, they are all committed except one spare straight steerer set. One has gone to stoo, one has gone to daughters build, one set will go on spitty when I find new frame for pikes, Sektors are for sale, one set will soon go on boys bike to replace qr Rebas, and the Boxxers are bin fodder. It's a fluid collection, that just appears to be a glut.
I've got a frame for the Pikes

Pretty decent build for a bitsa. Kid should be well chuffed. And it looks the goods.
My son(12) is riding a bitsa I built up for him too, Brooklyn frame and hand me down parts. I want to upspec his frame but he loves the Brooklyn, thing weighs a ton. Pretty sure it's made out of cast iron. Frame cost me $50 so not too bad considering almost all the other bits were left overs from me upgrading.
I'd like to buy him a quality steel frame but he is stubborn.
Mates nephew borrowed the bike for a razz round our trails one day, he was well pleased.
And , yeah that shed wall is something to see.
BTW I'm in the market for some decent forks for my BFE. If any of those are looking to be re-housed, but I can see there's a queue forming.

moorey

call me Mia
cheers, the young fella loved it. Glad it's getting a bit of use until needed.
BMW!!, feck, the lad will have legs of steel.
Theres been some nice sets of revs on here lately. None of mine are really for sale aside from the sektors, which were only bought to try out 27.5, and thought they were lost in post. Bought others, and then they showed up. The rest are currently on loan or pegged for swapping around....but a man has to keep ONE set spare. I'm a bit of a used fork tragic. Sold off 5 sets of lyrics and revs 6 months back, and still regretting it. I have issues.

Back on topic, suggestions for sub 500g tyres with a bit of grip? My lad is happy with his Larson TT, so thinking more of those for this bike when it comes back. Other thoughts in a 1.9-2.1 tyre?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Ikon?
A smidge over 500, but ADvantages have decent grip too. I've got a pair of 2.1 eXCeption series that are about 550g each, just no good for tubeless.

moorey

call me Mia
Ikon?
A smidge over 500, but ADvantages have decent grip too. I've got a pair of 2.1 eXCeption series that are about 550g each, just no good for tubeless.
Not doing tubeless. Got some super light tubes for the smaller tyres, that my lad hasn't managed to puncture, even with low pressure and riding pretty hard. Trying to look up the weights online for various tyres, the are all over the shop.
Think I had the advantage exception series at one stage. Didn't think a lot of them for my tracks, but prolly a good tyre for the daughter. Crossmark are fairly light, aren't they? They'd be fine for her riding. Conti mountain king came with the nickel, they rolled well, and we're pretty light, although that wheel set came tubeless.
Cheers, will look into those.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Nice build.

For the kids, you can't go wrong with the following tyres:

Really light kids:
- X-King 2.0 Supersonic on the front (419g)
- Rocket Ron 1.9 (368g)

Heavier/bigger kids
- X-King 2.2 Racesport for the front (486g)
- Race King 2.0 Supersonic (426g), Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.1 (402g)

I've weighed all those tyres myself, so those are actual weights and not manufacturer claimed.

All of these tyres were not readily available in Aust and had to be ordered from the Germans.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Cross marks are about on par with larsen's weight wise, Larsen is supposedly a better tyre though...

Welcome to give my advantages a crack of you want.

moorey

call me Mia
Cross marks are about on par with larsen's weight wise, Larsen is supposedly a better tyre though...

Welcome to give my advantages a crack of you want.
Cool, put the kettle on, I'll just nip over :behindsofa:

I think the 1.9 Larson on my boys bike are around 490g, and they are wire bead.
I've got 40+ tyres in various styles and sizes in the shed, nothing spare is lighter than the 660g(ish) swobbles currently on, currently running fairly heavy tubes. Didn't want to loan the bike out, and have it constantly flatting (the dad can't even change a tyre). 500g tyres and 100g tubes will immediately knock off 500g.

Might even swap over the wheels. If someone has something lighter (doesn't need to be strong), they would consider swapping for archy/dt340 goodness, let me know (qr/qr, btw)

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I'm a big fan of conti x-king as a rear at least and have a race sport version in the shed somewhere. It's 2.2 and you are welcome to try it if you want. In Melbourne though.

I also have an old style mountain king which roll quite well. It is 2.2 protection. Weight would be about 500 or under. Welcome to try that as well.

Minlak

custom titis
Cool, put the kettle on, I'll just nip over :behindsofa:

I think the 1.9 Larson on my boys bike are around 490g, and they are wire bead.
I've got 40+ tyres in various styles and sizes in the shed, nothing spare is lighter than the 660g(ish) swobbles currently on, currently running fairly heavy tubes. Didn't want to loan the bike out, and have it constantly flatting (the dad can't even change a tyre). 500g tyres and 100g tubes will immediately knock off 500g.

Might even swap over the wheels. If someone has something lighter (doesn't need to be strong), they would consider swapping for archy/dt340 goodness, let me know (qr/qr, btw)
What weight wheels you want? I got some qr I guess I could weight them

moorey

call me Mia
I'm a big fan of conti x-king as a rear at least and have a race sport version in the shed somewhere. It's 2.2 and you are welcome to try it if you want. In Melbourne though.

I also have an old style mountain king which roll quite well. It is 2.2 protection. Weight would be about 500 or under. Welcome to try that as well.
Gday Pete. Cheers for the offer, really just need some accurate weigh-ins Though.
Reckon I'll have another stab as a super narrow folding cross mark or Larson TT