Jersey Etiquette

Nmag

Likes Dirt
If you were not a volunteer, a competitor, or at least a spectator at the event then I don't think you will feel "comfortable" wearing it. Best bet, try to find someone who was a volunteer, competitor, or spectator at the event and give it to them. Maybe somebody who was born on a day in the event would appreciate it (in a frame) when they are older. A cycling father might buy it for his son who was born during the event.

I think the item goes in a "found' add.

No Judge

Likes Dirt
I say wear with pride. I wear a '2010 UCI Road Worlds' volunteer top despite not volunteering at the UCI worlds and being paid to be there. A jersey is a jersey

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Definitely wear it. I wear a polka dot jersey on occasion and I haven't even ridden in the tour de france, let alone won a mountain stage. It does give me an edge on the hills and also helps keep my beer gut in place.

cfd01

Likes Bikes
I think he may have meant that the other way around. As in, who cares if you got it really cheap, as opposed to the typical roadie "Look at my new $200 jersey."
Yes thats exactly what i meant.

If your riding mates rate you based on what you ride in and on then its time for you to find some new mates.

T-Rex

Template denier
I'll take it off your hands!!

Just read your OP, haven't read all the posts.

If the jersey is white with long sleeves, and blue writing, it's a volunteer's shirt. Excellent garment, I wore mine doing XC in winter, and under my cheap and nasty body armour doing DH, the dye from which has now permanently stained the jersey, which I'm really pissed off about.

Seriously, if you are uncomfortable wearing it, and assuming it fits me, I'll take it off your hands and you'll make a decent profit out of the transaction. Please PM me.

fatdude

Likes Bikes
I never played for the blues but im wearing a state of origin jersey , wear what you want. good score.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I never played for the blues but im wearing a state of origin jersey , wear what you want. good score.
Well concidering how the Blues have played these last five years you may as well have :p hahaha Only kidding but this year it's going to be 6 in a row :D

fatdude

Likes Bikes
Well concidering how the Blues have played these last five years you may as well have :p hahaha Only kidding but this year it's going to be 6 in a row :D
Im about the size of a second rower , cant run for more than 5 minutes at a time though :D , sometimes wonder if i could do a better job when watching teams playing shit.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Just read your OP, haven't read all the posts.

If the jersey is white with long sleeves, and blue writing, it's a volunteer's shirt. Excellent garment, I wore mine doing XC in winter, and under my cheap and nasty body armour doing DH, the dye from which has now permanently stained the jersey, which I'm really pissed off about.

Seriously, if you are uncomfortable wearing it, and assuming it fits me, I'll take it off your hands and you'll make a decent profit out of the transaction. Please PM me.
Hahaha! Sold to the T!

It's a medium, and yes, it's the white one.

It's yours :)

Nice work!!!

I think the an additional sign saying that you bought it for 75c is a great idea. Sort of like been there, bought the t-shirt without having to do the done that part :)

Seriously though I have a 2011 capital punishment jersey (large) that I wont even take out of the plastic wrap because i got really sick before the race and couldn't ride it.

If any one would like to buy it off me just message me. I am just hoping to make the $95 that I paid it.

See you on the trails

Andrew