JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2011

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
This will be my first race in the over 40's/ masters.
I've been sick this week and the previous 2 weeks were birthday weeks.
so haven't ridden a bike since the Mt Stromlo round.

I might even do the 4hrs the next day.
That's how we do it in Masters, just turn up and see how long ya can stay on the bike, training's for the youngsters (well it's how I do it anyway, some of 'em train up). You just made me feel better about my current lack of riding.
At least of got the Husky this weekend to test out my lack of form ;)

Trailburner, when do entries close by the way??

Firemanmikey

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, first time at this event...can you tell me if there is food, coffee, etc on the Friday night? or is there somewhere near by where you can grab a feed?? just curious..
any assistance is appreciated

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
There will be a coffee van with food (il Pastaio pasta) Sat+Sun. Please BYO for Friday night.
See you then.

Zenith

Likes Bikes
What time can we start arring from on friday?

can we do some practice laps on the friday arvo? :)

thanks

trailburner

Get your last minute entries sorted for this weekend's racing! Great lineup of prizes from JetBlack, Bernard Beer and Shimano, Red Bull will rock Dargle again, track is in great shape and we look forward to an epic 12 hour and MTB GP! Winners will receive a Bernard/Rocky Trail Champion beer mug.

Registration is open until Wednesday 9pm.

trailburner

This just in: every 12 hour rider will receive a free entry to the Banzai LifeCycle Time Trial at Stromlo in September worth $60.

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Weather? Trail conditions?

Hi folks, whats the weather been like on site lately? I see rain forecast today/tomorrow, how are the trails? Dont want to ride in a mud fest again

dottyman

Likes Dirt
26er or 29er?

Which bike? I'm leaning towards the 29er for the fast fire road sections unless theres really tight single track this year. Its been 5 years since I've ridden there. Anyone ridden there lately?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weather observations.

The closest weather station to dargle is richmond approx 25 kms away. Richmond has had 0.4mm of rain in the last 48 hours. The majority of the rain looks to be coastal as usual. The trail itself should dry fairly well, its similar soil to the mundie and with most of the singletrack being eleveated if it does rain it should drain quickly. The forcast for tommorrow out that way is %60 chance of a shower and predicted 1-5 mm so nothing massive we should be fine i wouldn't anticipate a mud fest

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Great weekend!
Track was great fun with something for everyone, even the roadies!
I've said it before, but these smaller events are easily the most enjoyable. Always have a great atmosphere about them.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Great weekend!
Track was great fun with something for everyone, even the roadies!
I've said it before, but these smaller events are easily the most enjoyable. Always have a great atmosphere about them.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Massive thanks to Martin, Juliana and the crew. The day was seamless!

The track had some good techy bits and an awesome little descent, dropping you back into the camping area. Can't wait to get back there!

russell1600

Likes Bikes
This was my first 12 hour event and had a blast. Great track, great location and great atmosphere with campers everywhere, big bon fire(or two!) and music to top it all off. Martin and Juliana definitely know how to put on a show. Great stuff guys and thanks!!...:thumb:

Slezoj

Likes Dirt
What a great weekend

Great weekend for Bernard Riders with some superb result. Another amazing RTE event. We loved every bit of it - bone fire, camping, weather, track, organization, friendly atmosphere, good food, great ride with Jason English.

Will be back for more.

More info will be posted at our website soon.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Yet another fantastic event from Martin and Juliane from Rocky Trail, their events are just so much fun and the vibe is great. Other events don't feel as fun and friendly. Amazingly the weather stayed dry until just on the end of the 8 hour event on Sunday - perfect timing. Event then the rain didn't stick around.
Thanks to all the volunteers, first aid, NSW ambulance (who were unfortunately required twice on Saturday), land owners and of course RTE and their sponsors for an awesome event.
See you all in Canberra for the next one.