Jumps bike and Norco confusion

inlina

Likes Dirt
OK, hunting around for a 4X/Jumps bike for Cindie (mtbdh_girl) and so far only really looked at Norco's (cause someone's offered me a super discount).

Probably get a One25 to start (although a 5Hun would be sweet). She however wants a Liquid Sub-frame. Any other sugestions sub $2000 complete?

Also, I was discussing this dilema with the bike shop manager and we could not understand why they went with a horizontal dropout on the alloy 'supercross' bikes (I'm ignoring the CroMo's). The 5Hun and One25 have rear der's and the 4Hun is an SS with a tensioner. What's the farkin caper?

CG

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
inlina said:
Also, I was discussing this dilema with the bike shop manager and we could not understand why they went with a horizontal dropout on the alloy 'supercross' bikes (I'm ignoring the CroMo's). The 5Hun and One25 have rear der's and the 4Hun is an SS with a tensioner. What's the farkin caper?
what is the question?

inlina

Likes Dirt
andrew said:
inlina said:
what is the question?
Why have a horizontal dropout on a series of frames if they all have rear der's or SS chain tensioner's as spec'd?

Ty

Eats Squid
i think it's just a marketing ploy*, the drop-out isn't long enough to provide any real adjustablity and it's just a pain in the arse to get the wheel in.

*coz cromo dirt jumpers with adjustable drop outs are 'core

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
inlina said:
andrew said:
inlina said:
what is the question?
Why have a horizontal dropout on a series of frames if they all have rear der's or SS chain tensioner's as spec'd?
ooh i getcha. i have also wondered this, it seems kinda pointless :?:

S.

ex offender
Good luck finding a one25... unless the shop happens to have one in stock.

The other obvious range to look at is Konas, they have a few decent jump bikes.

Failing that, you could easily build one from scratch for sub $2k (you get stuff at discount don't ya?) with all the right parts.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
yeah they are ugly, especially the new colour schemes, i think the person who does the colour shcemes got a bump to the head and went back to <2000 kona.

G

:shock: multicoloured stinkys rock..

Stinky5s bike.

YEAH OLD SKOO!
lol nah i rekon they rocked

CHEWY

Eats Squid
my konas got a decent paint job, why cant they just stick to one colour on the frame???????

bazza

look at me
HEAR YE HEAR YE to the stabs with a curved bottom bar it was fucken sick we have on in townsivlle an damnnnn its nice. same with the 01 roast. it looks sooooo much better than this years. stupid lame ass colour schemes.

hardtail free rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey inlina, if you or cindie come down to ashburton cycles, you could get a 2002 125 for about 900-1200 (not to sure on the exact price) and then you'll have some money left over for new forxs, meh just a thought

Ty

Eats Squid
hardtail free rider if your going to suggest shops please do it via Personal Message, not in the public forum.

thanks

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I can offer you one piece of advice, it's wait for the '04 Norco's to come out.

I've know the specs, and I know the prices...and it's farkin unbelievable...the Sasquatch is going to rule.

inlina

Likes Dirt
sxereturn said:
If I can offer you one piece of advice, it's wait for the '04 Norco's to come out.

I've know the specs, and I know the prices...and it's farkin unbelievable...the Sasquatch is going to rule.
Trying to get it in time for Vic State 4X champs (if they exist and if any other female riders in the state decide to ride), failing that, nationals.

How much better (price and spec wise) will the Sasquatch be next year. May be able to get this year's one, but it's a medium.

Anyone got any other ideas. Been offered a Trekking Fox frame which is apparently similar to the Norco, but the only Trekking Fox's (what a farkin dodgy name) I've seen were el-cheapo's at a crap shop.

CG

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
hey inlina its phil from darrlys shop, yeah i know the trekking fox sounds like a dogdy and sissy name but its pretty aweome! its easton rad and very freeride orientated, for cindie i reckon the 125 is definately the way 2 go!

and socket u should be more informed before saying like good luck finding one as norco have good stocks in all frame sizes :p

good luck cory!