just putting it out there

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Why so IRATE?? It's simple physics really. Go up to a square edge like a step and try push a 26" wheel up it then try the same with a 29" wheel. The difference is pretty apparent.
I like the way 650 is going, wouldn't even be surprised if in a few years half the riders on the WC DH circuit are rocking it...
It has begun already. KHS were seen with a 650 at the world champs apparently.
I dislike the 29er notion because they look f#@king stupid. I've always seen it as a way for road riders to buy a boutique mountain bike that they feel at home on and ride badly around mountain bike trails. I'm all for people ditching the road stuff and getting into mountain biking but when that amateur dude comes along and tells me his lap would be quicker than mine because his wheel is a different size pisses me off. When a seasoned mountain bike rider steps onto a 29er and tells me it is better because it does certain things differently or better or worse or whatever then I'll pay attention and have a conversation with the guy as he may actually have some idea what he's on about. I value the opinion of someone who's ridden all sizes a lot, not someone who read a sponsored magazine review.

rone

Eats Squid
It has begun already.

M9275 anybody?

m9275.jpg

I see the main sticking point at the moment to be tyre choice, or lack thereof. Once there is more choice and better priced tyre they'll be everywhere. Nevegals? Hah.

Last edited:

FuTAnT

Likes Dirt
Does this mean one of the mojo or the 575 will be going??..i can smell enduro in the air!
Mojo HD can already be ridden with 650B, although it's not "specifically" designed for 650B. Just can't go too wide on the tyres.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Mojo HD can already be ridden with 650B, although it's not "specifically" designed for 650B. Just can't go too wide on the tyres.
It was a private little shot at MrCove, him and i ride a bit together, and i am basically daring him to get another enduro!