NSW Kentlyn DH starting to run again.

How's it goin all. Been Ridin kentlyn for bout 6 weeks now. The downhill. Not the xc. The xc is alreafy fine but the downhill just needs a little grooming. We Fixed up a couple of trails. So much potential. Trails everywhere. Everyone get out there. After Doin a couple of runs you'll understand Wat I mean. The more people that ride it the better it will get. With menai out of action this is the best next option. Not to far from menai. We need more people to get out there. Gunna keep goin now it's gettin cooler build more and re groom some of the older runs. Don't look into old forums or videos there not up to date. Just Needs a little tlc and it will be mint again. Everyone Kentlyn is ready to ride so Set up your gear and get out there. Here's a video link of the biggest drop there. My wheel hit a rock and slipped out from under me. Chest went into stem. Kicked me into a tree bailed my bike and couldnt breath. I ate shit.... It Is Bout 4-5m drop. Video doesn't do it justice. It Was a good one. Anways like i said get out there with ya mates and enjoy some good Ridin. Take it easy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBiDOzEZxI

im a campbelltown local im keen to build and ride... just fat haha .. send us a SMS if you want my number 0404366606

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Downhill

Good to see action there again.
I'm a XC rider but cleaned up Crank It Right a while ago and put some signs up. Someone else did Crank It Left. And I met the guys (maybe you) cleaning up Snakes & Ladders.
Good to have the Downhill coming to life again after the Chainsaw Massacre. As I have said on the Kentlyn thread, it is maybe be a good idea to use Rock & Dirt to limit his damage.
This guy was attracted to wood of course (probably like his head).
Have fun and no Helicopter Trips Okay.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
Are these Kentlyn downhill trails located around the Crank It and Rock trails? I heard there was DH further south on the other side of Peter Meadows Rd. PM me if anyone can point me in the right direction....Cheers.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Downhill South of Peter Meadows

Are these Kentlyn downhill trails located around the Crank It and Rock trails? I heard there was DH further south on the other side of Peter Meadows Rd. PM me if anyone can point me in the right direction....Cheers.
Yes there were runs there coming down from the Buddist Temple. Cross Peter Meadows to the South and in 20metres go right and follow to the Creek.
Last I saw it was a little run down (unused). WolfCreekPsycho showed me about 3 years ago and it was getting used then and there was about a 40foot gap jump across the creek, with full carpeted landing. It is a place where some go to have a beer/whatever and a campfire.
Good exploring.
Oh Yeah, the ones getting done up slowly are the ones you mentioned.

Yeah if u go to the top were the trails all begin. You will see the sign for crank it on the left. There are about 5-6 trails if u chose to go straight and pick your line. If you go right u will find the run called ours. Consist of a three jump set soon to be four once it's fixed up into another dh section. Another called dc's. Soon to be fixed up. Trying to complete one track at a time. And our new project called lil homie. Only just found it by fluke and there's not much little about this run. Found 3 potential drops in a row 5-6 ft into 12-15 ft into another 15ft drop. Once finished this will be the only run u need to do. It Will be epic. Will take a few weeks to get up and running. There will be plan bs on every trail I build for the peeps who just wanna cruise. But I plan on building shit you have to think twice about before u hit it. Anyways like I said get out there and enjoy yourselfs

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
Yes there were runs there coming down from the Buddist Temple. Cross Peter Meadows to the South and in 20metres go right and follow to the Creek.
Last I saw it was a little run down (unused). WolfCreekPsycho showed me about 3 years ago and it was getting used then and there was about a 40foot gap jump across the creek, with full carpeted landing. It is a place where some go to have a beer/whatever and a campfire.
Good exploring.
Oh Yeah, the ones getting done up slowly are the ones you mentioned.
Thanks for confirming that mate. I enjoy riding the area thats currently getting some tlc. It's only 10 mins from home but haven't been out for a few months. Have to get out and hit it up....

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is this off the cannonball run somewhere...?

There was a monster drop to no where on that run... Had a g out into a tree.

Yellow council barrier against it...

Biggest drop I've seen there...

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Cannonball Run

So is this off the cannonball run somewhere...?

There was a monster drop to no where on that run... Had a g out into a tree.

Yellow council barrier against it...

Biggest drop I've seen there...
Cannonball is North of Peter Meadows.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cannonball is North of Peter Meadows.
Sorry, I know where cannonball is.

I'm more or less asking, where is he building now?? Same area?

It's hardly a dh bike area, but awesome on the all mountain bikes. After a few laps of the Xc!

romy

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn

Been out a few times and the triple jump is in great condition.

Crank it could do with a little more love, maybe some bigger berms so it could be railed and speed maintained a little kicker here and there.
Had a great day on this the other week.

Good to see the shovels back i action here!

jarv

Likes Bikes
Be careful on Crank it theres a few nails sticking out of a rotten pallet.Was out there Sunday.The doubles on Cannonball look sweet.

Yeah I cleaned up the triple set couple of weeks ago. Gotta fix up the fourth just wanna clear out a tree that u gotta go under first has fallen across the track. We're that barrier is is the third biggest drop there. I did one few weeks back that's pretty intense. And found one that may not be possible. Just gunna fix up a run at a time. If u go through the triple set. Go right round the shitty berm (waiting for rain then I'll fix it up) and go down there you will see a rock I painted arrows on it. There's 3 options off that. The biggest ones to flat. But still pretty fun. You can keep goin along that and follow down the fall of the mountain. You'll see on the right of the rock were the options are there is a crate bridge across two rocks. There will be a new trail through there in a couple of months. That run is goin to be mental once it's linked and cleaned up. Just gunna focus on getting the run that old mate g'd out on With the council sign back in fine form. Got a few good ideas for that trail just gotta find the time to do it

will be out there tomorrow with a shovel at around 530 ~ if anyone wants to dump some wood/pallets/timber/pailings down the ditch on petermeadows it will be put to great use

went to bunnings today fuck wood is expensive these days haha

debeer

Likes Dirt
will be out there tomorrow with a shovel at around 530 ~ if anyone wants to dump some wood/pallets/timber/pailings down the ditch on petermeadows it will be put to great use

went to bunnings today fuck wood is expensive these days haha
Good work, have not been out to Kentlyn since the early 2012 Russian chainsaw massacre when all the wooden features were cut up. I am not sure if the the Russian is still lurking, I was always hoping a yowie would get him.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, use rocks and dirt. Difficult to cut up with a chainsaw and yeah wood is fuck off expensive so you'd not want your hard earned in a pile of firewood if the Russian reappears.

Good luck, I'll for sure come out (it is a hike for me) and have a ride.

romy

Likes Dirt
Yeah I cleaned up the triple set couple of weeks ago. Gotta fix up the fourth just wanna clear out a tree that u gotta go under first has fallen across the track. We're that barrier is is the third biggest drop there. I did one few weeks back that's pretty intense. And found one that may not be possible. Just gunna fix up a run at a time. If u go through the triple set. Go right round the shitty berm (waiting for rain then I'll fix it up) and go down there you will see a rock I painted arrows on it. There's 3 options off that. The biggest ones to flat. But still pretty fun. You can keep goin along that and follow down the fall of the mountain. You'll see on the right of the rock were the options are there is a crate bridge across two rocks. There will be a new trail through there in a couple of months. That run is goin to be mental once it's linked and cleaned up. Just gunna focus on getting the run that old mate g'd out on With the council sign back in fine form. Got a few good ideas for that trail just gotta find the time to do it
Nice work mate, Ill be down on sun early morning with a shovel on Sunday for a ride. If anyone is keen see you there.

Cheers old shagger but like the boys said I don't wanna spend hours building witch crates for that prick to come back through and fuck it all in 10 mins. I'm gunna try use rocks dirt and bind logs and stuff. Kick it old school. I'll be out there this weekend so Might see yas there