NSW Kentlyn DH starting to run again.

Just got back from kentlyn (spiders were annoying me haha)

Just cleared about 4years worth of leaves and sticks with a rake.

Track is looking cleaner though lots of potential just not enough day light.

Sent from my wookie stick

Just a little update. I cut in a new trail today. No signs up yet there will be soon. If u do the three set (jumps) go under the tree right round the burm then pick a line left or right. If you go the right line you can go down to my new trail. Its called f.o.d (field of dreams) go down the rock and over the crate bridge. Continue after that along the trail and u will get to a tricky steep decent. Go down it and enjoy. Few quick sections. Few drops. I need to build the exit to the trail still as you will see. Ill let everyone know wen its conplete. Gunna be a favorite once it's warn in. The jumps are lookin smooth and I cleaned up the first drop of the big three set. I'll keep everyone in the loop how it's goin. Seen a few cars web I was leavin. But no riders. Must of been riders though they were all green p platers. If there's any other trails or building goin on let everyone know. The more you ride it the better it will get.

romy

Likes Dirt
Just a little update. I cut in a new trail today. No signs up yet there will be soon. If u do the three set (jumps) go under the tree right round the burm then pick a line left or right. If you go the right line you can go down to my new trail. Its called f.o.d (field of dreams) go down the rock and over the crate bridge. Continue after that along the trail and u will get to a tricky steep decent. Go down it and enjoy. Few quick sections. Few drops. I need to build the exit to the trail still as you will see. Ill let everyone know wen its conplete. Gunna be a favorite once it's warn in. The jumps are lookin smooth and I cleaned up the first drop of the big three set. I'll keep everyone in the loop how it's goin. Seen a few cars web I was leavin. But no riders. Must of been riders though they were all green p platers. If there's any other trails or building goin on let everyone know. The more you ride it the better it will get.
Great work Matty Gee, I had a look and ride today.
Was down at 7am. for a little "Crank it" trail loving. No major changes just trying to make it a little quicker/smoother.

The little hump before the trail gets crossed by the fire trail now has a little transition so you can hit it with speed and pop off it or roll over it if your not feeling like air.

Were the trail splits into crank it right and crank it left I have built the little hump into a small jump, just a little lip and again some transition,
I have built the back up with rocks so you can again roll over it if not into jumps.

I popped of it and got a little air but it speared me into the big rock in the end of the berm there.
Hope no one minds but to keep the flow I have moved the big rock and the berm about 1 foot back and again gave it a little more shape to keep the speed and flow.

Berm after that also got a little shaping.

Last thing I did was clear a path so you could jump over the big rock that is leaning agains the tree after the last berm.
There is a burnt out stump after it but I have also cleared out the landing so the line is pretty straight and misses "stumpy the wheel breaker".

I really want to build these berms up to a height that could be railed and really speed things up. might need a few more wheel barrows of land fill though.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Started to build the fourth jump. Just waitin for rain it's a bit to dry at the moment. Hopefully be complete by Anzac long weekend. gotta try chop out that trees between 3rd and 4th.

Get out there

romy

Likes Dirt
Started to build the fourth jump. Just waitin for rain it's a bit to dry at the moment. Hopefully be complete by Anzac long weekend. gotta try chop out that trees between 3rd and 4th.

Get out there
Love your efforts mate, have to come give you a hand and then go for a spin.

End of boronia rd. through gate. Left till top of fire trail on the right you'll see a little gap through trees. That's the beginning of all the dh. If you go third trail from the left. It goes through the jump line and down untill the new runs. They aren't all finished yet though

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Matty Gee.. You sound like the biggest frother ever! I love it!!

Ive been away OS for two weeks and it sounds like you have got the place wired.. Ive been putting in a bit of time on the DH tracks and i know how much work they have been needing. live to far away to ever put in any real time fixing them (poor excuse i know), always pinning it home to keep the bride happy.

Keen as to help you out where possible and cant wait to see your work. could be hitting it up tomorrow hopefully.

Keep up the good work and the 'Froth' brother. hopefully ill see you out there soon and have a chat..

Haha. Its pretty messy at the moment. Last couple of weeks have roughed it up. Haven't got enough spare time. Seems like once I clean a trail the next week I come looks worse then before. Can't understand. Seen motos in there other day. Could be one of the reasons. FML. Need some new crews to get out there and start building. Me and my mate have spent bout 3 full days in last month. And it hardly looks like its been touched. Oh and a shout out to old mate who hit the tree on the first of the j's last week. Hope the bike and shoulders ok

Keep cranking......

New track has been cleaned and cut in this morn. Good too see big groups of people out here and to get some good feed back. Tracks are lookin good. Jump set is smooth.

Get out here

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
New track has been cleaned and cut in this morn. Good too see big groups of people out here and to get some good feed back. Tracks are lookin good. Jump set is smooth.

Get out here
Looking good Matty!! Rode your handy work today briefly and had a blast. The tripple jump set is sweet! And the new work down beside the fire trail is smooth and fast too. I pressume thats all your work..?

I see what you mean about it messing up real quick. its pretty hard to pick the lines in some spots. just needs to be ridden more. Couldnt tend to any problems today as i only had an hour or so, but will try and tidy up a few things this week if i make it over there..
When are you usually out there working?

Azz

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Cutting Down Trees

Cutting down trees and woodwork it seems is Councils biggest dislike.
Too Much woodwork will bring the nasties back.
Word is Council cut up all the woodwork (anonymously) to stop any liability to them.
Just rode Crank It (to the right) and saw a big tree axed down. That will definitely bring back the complaints.
In any of these areas, we need to tread lightly.
Mostly Council will turn a blind eye. As soon as they get a complaint, they jump to action.
Not as bad as the 4WD that has come in from Peter Meadows and driven on the singletrack for about 400-500 metres and taken out about 40 small juvenile trees/bushes.
Enjoy those trails.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
NPWS @ Kentlyn

Riding on the Cross Country Trails and was pulled over by a NPWS Officer.
I was down in Peter Meadows Creek Trail where the Motos ride.
I was asked about Crank It Trail and said I don't ride it as I only ride XC. Then asked, do I know who is cutting down all the trees for a trail.
Told them it is probably the Mad Russian who caused all the damage about 2 years ago. They said all trails may be closed as they have had complaints and have seen the damage first hand.
If you know who is doing this let them know they are jeopardising all trails at Kentlyn.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding on the Cross Country Trails and was pulled over by a NPWS Officer.
I was down in Peter Meadows Creek Trail where the Motos ride.
I was asked about Crank It Trail and said I don't ride it as I only ride XC. Then asked, do I know who is cutting down all the trees for a trail.
Told them it is probably the Mad Russian who caused all the damage about 2 years ago. They said all trails may be closed as they have had complaints and have seen the damage first hand.
If you know who is doing this let them know they are jeopardising all trails at Kentlyn.
Not good.
NPWS Officer
That's interesting. Thought this was council land. Was the NPWS person a man or woman. If woman was she around your height with short straight dark hair?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
NPWS Officer

Was a guy.
The area of the Downhill is Crown Land, which would mean the Department of Primary Industries are in control of that land.
What I'm worried about is attention being drawn to MTB in general in the area by the wrong people ( those who think MTB is like Rock & Roll in the 50s ).
We just need to stay low profile. And axing down 3 large trees for no real benefit won't help.
I've ridden down Crank It 100+ times and never had a problem with those trees. (started riding at Kentlyn in 1995).
Maybe the mad Russian did cut those trees to make it look like MTBers causing problems, to get us kicked out. He did a lot of damage 2 years ago.

Shitttt. Haven't been out in 6 weeks. Goin out tomorrw. Will be interesting to see ways happened since last time. Last I was there I cleared out 2 existing trails. They were lookin good. If you see anyone axing trees down tell them to get f.....d. Because there stuffin it for the rest of us who have spent hours trying to rebuild it.

Enjoy it. Don't destroy it.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Trail/Tree Damage

Yes we need to protect our trails.
Very few people in Campbelltown/Macarthur know about our great asset @ Kentlyn.
Bike riders/horse riders and very few walkers (other than South of Peter Meadows near BENDI).
We do get the odd Moto Rider, but they are reasonable, albeit noisy.
Would be a shame to lose it all, cause someone thinks a tree shouldn't be there. Let alone 3 trees.
The best and most sustainable trails use the natural features.
Really good to see interest in the Downhill again, as I know the work the guys did until about two years ago, before we had the Chainsaw Massacre.