Kick - the best austrAlian album ever?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Kick is pretty much when I turned off INXS, commercial US radio poop...

Try this one....
Lime Spiders - The Cave Comes Alive!
Lime Spiders..Volatile!
My pick would be East by Cold Chisel, didnt like them but that album was full of great songs, spike -x, pretty much any early oils, but place without a postcard, still one of my all time faves!

BM Epic

Eats Squid
OK Ben..The Spies..the album with dont tear it down and sally anne( thanks brain for forgetting)
I Spit on Your gravy..the one with Piranha(thanks brain again)
Anything by Tism..great titles..Australia,the lucky cunt..Lillee, caught Willey, Bowled Dilley..classic Aussie titles.
We may be a little bit biased towards the Spies here Ben, great blokes as well, i knew Mike the most, but i thought Craig and Cliff were terrific blokes!

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
OK Ben..The Spies..the album with dont tear it down and sally anne( thanks brain for forgetting)
I Spit on Your gravy..the one with Piranha(thanks brain again)
Anything by Tism..great titles..Australia,the lucky cunt..Lillee, caught Willey, Bowled Dilley..classic Aussie titles.
We may be a little bit biased towards the Spies here Ben, great blokes as well, i knew Mike the most, but i thought Craig and Cliff were terrific blokes!
AO Mod TV Vers.... ;-)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
No-one has mentioned Hunters & Collector's.. WTF!!

[video=youtube_share;rbAxfDA6XD4]http://youtu.be/rbAxfDA6XD4[/video]
Aside from the cars, that clip could have been filmed yesterday..... Damned hipsters!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember buying the Hunters first EP on a school trip to Canberra. When I showed my school friends on the bus going home not one of them had ever heard of Hunters and Collectors.

Enjoy:
[video=youtube;dOzZJmcWKYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzZJmcWKYw[/video]

burkie

Likes Bikes
Is this supposed to be a Gee Up? So many better aussie bands than INXS. How about Radio Birdman or The Celibate Rifles? Or Spider Bait, or The Hard-ons?
So in short, my answer to the thread title is NO! Although I was into INXS when i was a youngin', i found their ealier albums shat all over kick.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
AO Mod TV Vers.... ;-)
I was playing soccer with Mike when they had just been to England to make Xenophobia Why?, i know they put a lot of heart and soul into it, that probably makes it great, i never spoke to Mike about music or there band( didnt wanna be a groupie!), i loved AO Mod, also the little mini album, it is put away, Meet us Inside??..great stuff!

Handles

Likes Bikes
So much good aussie music to choose from the 80's, but INXS wouldn't be up there for me -

The Church - Starfish
Celibate Rifles - Blind Ear
Cosmic Psychos - Cosmic Psychos
Hoodoo Gurus - Stoneage Romeos

Awesome stuff.

asterix

Likes Bikes
Few of my Oz faves (very few of which experienced any sort of commercial success):

Oils: Place Without a Postcard
V Spy V Spy: Xenophobia Why - one of the most under-rated Aus bands ever in my humble opinion. In their original lineup of Bloxom/Weiley/Grigg they wer eincredible live
Hard Ons: Yummy!
Fireballs: Life Takes Too Long. Psychobilly at it's finest
TISM: Hot Dogma. No band (globally) has ever, nor will they ever, match the genius of Humphrey B Flaubert/Ron Hitler Barrassi wit
Hoodoo Gurus: Mars Needs Guitars
INXS: Shabooh Shoobah (already mentioned)
Front End Loader: Front End Loader; Fek that Pete Kostic can drum! FEL's lyrics are also well-endowed in terms of wit, love their work.

That'll do for now...
I remember seeing Front End Loader when they supported No Means No & DOA back in the early nineties. So good. Heightened State of Awareness was such a good tune.
Best Australian album for me would be a split between The Mark of Cain's "Ill At Ease" & the Avalanches "Since I Left You". Been getting into lots of old ACDC lately too; love it.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
No-one has mentioned Hunters & Collector's.. WTF!!

[video=youtube_share;rbAxfDA6XD4]http://youtu.be/rbAxfDA6XD4[/video]
Ah, that song brings back memories...

...of being in the toilet at the Lorne pub trying to throw up after mixing hash and Southern pre-gig, while the rest of the band played that to fill in until I was able to crawl back on stage.

asterix

Likes Bikes
Cool. Their two later albums, "This is This" & "Songs of the 3rd & 5th" are well worth a listen too.

Bermshot

Banned
Here you go trend setters!

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qY6DxWFgnJc[/video]

Sorry, album is 'Rude Rides Again'. Lol!!!

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
I remember seeing Front End Loader when they supported No Means No & DOA back in the early nineties. So good. Heightened State of Awareness
I remember that tour, think it was '92. Saw them at the Landsdowne in Sydney, nice one.

Bermshot

Banned
I don't remember any great album but what a bout Boom Crash Opera?
Edit: They opend for INXS at the old Easter Show 84?

Hmmm..... Thems were the days

Last edited: