Kids these days..

Ackland

chats d'élevage
You'll be very aware of the Mitcham Hungry Jacks bike thefts then... near many expensive schools, all the kids on 2k-6k duallies, reckon the local meth head hides in a hedge beside it, they dump their bikes by the dozen on the weekends and head in for a frozen coke before catching the train back up.

There's bikes lifted every other week. Must be a gift to meth heaven.
You beat me to it Billy.

And every theft is followed by a stolen bike post that reads "we were only in there for an hour. Davo usually keeps watch so we don't ever bring locks but he wanted a hash brown"

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You beat me to it Billy.

And every theft is followed by a stolen bike post that reads "we were only in there for an hour. Davo usually keeps watch so we don't ever bring locks but he wanted a hash brown"
My 2 do it, about 5-6 runs on a Saturday or Sunday. Only one allowed in HJs at a time, the other to mind the bikes... though iceman would probably rather grab a Yeti than a Kona hardtail.

They're told everytime, leave it unattended and it gets nicked, that's it gone.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ain’t just kids. Shops near me, the grey haired retirees often having a coffee after a ride, 10-15G road bikes (Pinarallo F8 Dogma, etc) with the best of the best dropping off it. left unlocked, owners inside 15 meters away not looking.

safreek

Ain’t just kids. Shops near me, the grey haired retirees often having a coffee after a ride, 10-15G road bikes (Pinarallo F8 Dogma, etc) with the best of the best dropping off it. left unlocked, owners inside 15 meters away not looking.
Where do you live, fuck, they are only roadies :eek: beam me in

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Racing enduros in Perth was eye opening. I'd be waiting there with my second hand Tallboy LT (1.1K purchase then spent ~$500 rebuilding it) while teens would be on carbon Nomads, Reigns and the like. They'd get a new one ever year or two as well. Absolutely zero fucks given about the way they'd handle the bike as well. Kind of jealous to be honest, when I was younger all I had was my own bat and box when I played cricket, the rest was shared.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
This is the case around me as well, on Friday and Sunday mornings the footpaths are littered with them.

To be honest I'm also guilty of leaving my commuter unlocked if I have to dash into Woolies for something on the way home and it's always unlocked outside the pub on a Friday night - we always nab the table beside the door- but in saying that, it's no 10k roadie.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
You beat me to it Billy.

Unless your from Unley High as HJs has banned them for misbehaving.

When I was working in the city I would get on/off the train at Lynton (using the train to shuttle the nearby DH trails) and was amazed at the amount of high end bikes the kids getting on the train had, even some of the cheaper bikes had added bling on them.

ozzybmx

Unless your from Unley High as HJs has banned them for misbehaving.
Yep, also banned from Micky D's on Goodwood/Cross road, the other schools around are allowed though. Ironic, one of the apparently best suburbs in the city has some of the most hateful spoilt kids.... hardly surprising.
Must be doing it hard to get an Unley High blanket ban from McD's on Goodwood, there are probably 10 High schools in that area including 2-3 of the most expensive schools in the city :oops:

Bigger problem is their attitudes towards train conductors, they have abused rail employees in the past and the last time was only recently. My 2 have been warned that if there is anyone in their company being a dick or disrespectful, they better distance themselves quick smart. They have been told, if I find out that they were there, I'll run an angle grinder through there bikes, helmets and the rest of it, its finished.

They are pretty good kids so hopefully they can steer clear, they also talk to me (at the moment) so hopefully they can keep that going while they still think the old bloke is semi cool.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

I’d talk if you were holding the angle grinder too :oops:
Haha... they know their limits, they know I like the truth, no bullshit. If they crash and fuck stuff up, they tell me. If there is shit gone down, they tell me. They know if its a JRA situation, a derailleur hanger can be out... they are pretty good kids.