Knapsack Reserve Glenbrook Trail Build Days - 10th February 2018

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We will be working on this last section of the new loop so will need some people to get this cut in and groomed.

Start at 8:00am at the southern end of Barnet St is probably the best place to park. Walk to the marked area in the map if late.

unnamed.jpg

We will also have some people tweaking the last bit of trail and refining what was put in last build day with some more rock armouring etc.

The DHers will also be up to more work on the DH.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Three of us won't be coming this weekend with racing but I'll let the rest of the lumps crew know to head out for a dig.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a good time and good luck at racing!

For any DHers coming along I think Clinton will be parking at the bottom of Mitchells Pass and working on the DH's bottom corner.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A good day despite the lousy weather. I have no idea what the DHers were doing today as they are working far away at the bottom of the hill which is far from us XC guys at the moment!

We have another build day on the 12th December 8am. More details to follow as the come to light. We will be continuing working on the new alignment that avoids the muddy mess and finishes of this whole section below the oval.

A few pics from today...IMG_0300.jpgsadasd002.jpgsadasd005.jpg

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Apparently there were a bunch of timber kickers and North shore stuff after the fire road at the bottom, probably got it ripped out

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apparently there were a bunch of timber kickers and North shore stuff after the fire road at the bottom, probably got it ripped out
I'd imagine they would, though I wasn't there.

Still putting stuff like that on a council built and authorised trail is probably not the most wise choice of location to do so.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Details for the build day on December 12th here

http://bmorc.com/node/52509

Plans are also to have a BBQ and ride after working as well. More details of this as they appear.

XC build plans are to continue on the section we started last weekend with the new section as shown in this map again. We have started on the eastern part of this and is around 50% complete. The western side will require more work as will the creek crossing. I am not sure how Synergy are planning on doing the creek crossing but it should be pretty cool when done.

View attachment 322084

Last edited:

DJR

Likes Dirt
I'd imagine they would, though I wasn't there.

Still putting stuff like that on a council built and authorised trail is probably not the most wise choice of location to do so.
Those wood jumps were easily visible from the tarmac too....

Any plans for DH work this upcoming build day?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good build day, still working on the diversion trail. Finished the first half, started on the second half and still need to do the creek crossing.

A big thanks to Trish at BMCC and Adrian for putting on the BBQ after too!! Was very tasty and much appreciated.

Also thanks to BMCC and Synergy trails all this year for their support and efforts. Looks like we will be back at it on the 16th of January 2016 too for the next build day. More pics here http://bmorc.com/node/52509/gallery

knapsack007b.jpg

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Next build day is confirmed for 16th January 2016. XC and DH, though I will need to find out what is planned for the DH

Details here

http://bmorc.com/node/52582

The dotted red line in the map needs to be finished being cleared and primed and its a tricky surface so we will need some extra hands on board for this.

Also the "creek" crossing needs some serious rock work to do what Big Chuck envisions with Adrian.. heavy lifting as well as lots of artistic carving. So a few extra volunteers won't go astray! If there is time maybe the purple line can get a little work on some corners too.

location2.jpg

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reminder of this trail day. Really want to finish this loop so the more the better. With quite a lot of rock work we will need some extra muscle to do some heavy work.

I know the 4hr is on that evening, but make it a real challenge build in the morning and have a great excuse for poor performance in the race.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A hot and humid day where sadly we didn't manage to get the new XC section open as yet, but next build day we should have it done. Trail is through, but needs some more work on the tread plus one corner is having rockwork for re-cambering and the creek crossing needs serious rock work which Adrian has planned.

For the DH one of the old doubles has been made a table top with the next one being done at the next build day.

Thanks again to everyone who turned up.

Looks like next build day will be mid to end of February, the date still to be locked in.

edit and a pic of the DH mods from Michel Parsons

12565562_10206399640362385_3288586763088313464_n.jpg

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Synergy trails have completed the creek crossing to open up the new bit we were working on. This now makes it possible to ride the XC 'full loop" that matches the trail head signage. This last section still needs some work to be running sweet, creek crossing needs more work as does a messy corner, so be a little careful.

The strava is here....

https://www.strava.com/segments/11316925

There is also a tentative date for the next build day of February 28th.

Last edited:

styler

Likes Dirt
Synergy trails have completed the creek crossing to open up the new bit we were working on. This now makes it possible to ride the XC 'full loop" that matches the trail head signage. This last section still needs some work to be running sweet, creek crossing needs more work as does a messy corner, so be a little careful.

The strava is here....

https://www.strava.com/segments/11316925

There is also a tentative date for the next build day of February 28th.
Are there signs to follow? It's so easy to get lost in there and go round in circles.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are there signs to follow? It's so easy to get lost in there and go round in circles.
I get lost and I was intimately involved with the mapping process! Its ridiculously confusing at this stage. Doesn't help that a few closed little bits were reopened by riders and walkers that provide too many fork options now.

There are going to be arrows marking it and BMCC are getting them made up, but as to when they will go in, I do not know.

I am pushing for some temporary marking before that which may be inferior but allow a rider to follow their nose a bit better and this will wear in a distinct "line" that people can follow.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Synergy have been out doing work on the old jumps area at Knapsack. I know Adrian has spoken in the pas about a playful line down here for all riders as well as the DJers... so it will be interesting to see what it ends up looking like!

https://www.facebook.com/Synergytrails/

Syndergy work1.jpg