Knee/ Shin guards any for sale or recommendations

Flip666

Likes Dirt
After the 2nd time in 12 months of ripping open the same spot on my shin.
I think it's time I invested in some shin pads.
I currently wear the ixs knee pads, so could just get shin pads or was thinking of something like the leatt 3df or fox launch pro knee/shin pad combo..
Anyone selling anything suitable in prob a small or small/medium or recommendations on what's good?
It mainly for dh type riding but have to pedal about 15 mins up for each run.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got a set of 661 rage knee/shin guards and they're almost perfect. Super comfy when on and can wear them all day at a shuttle event or festival without discomfort. Great for extra confidence against shin strikes and I've had a couple of offs where they've done the job and not slipped around.

Where they fall over is that they're a pain to get off a sweaty leg as they slip on and off, and after a couple of years the Velcro on the strap don't work so good so it flaps around and I swear at it and tell myself I'll cut them off and then forget

I've just got a set of those ion zip side pads which I'm keen to try out now. Missing the shin protection but seem to have excellent knee protection and I LOVE that you can take them off easily without even taking your shoes off

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Another option is the Sam Hill 7iDP pads. They are quite long and cover part of the shin but not all. Been running them for a while. Super comfy and great to pedal with. They are a sock style so can be a little tricky getting on and off and the sock goes quite high up the leg but I find this just helps keep them in place.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Another option is the Sam Hill 7iDP pads. They are quite long and cover part of the shin but not all. Been running them for a while. Super comfy and great to pedal with. They are a sock style so can be a little tricky getting on and off and the sock goes quite high up the leg but I find this just helps keep them in place.

+1 on these for me. Super comfy, not too hot, great to pedal in and offer pretty decent protection.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I've got a set of the Sam Hill knee pads in large if you're interested? Only wore them a few times as I always seemed to grab my POC ones instead so Sam's get unused. Send me a message if you'd like.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I've got a set of the Sam Hill knee pads in large if you're interested? Only wore them a few times as I always seemed to grab my POC ones instead so Sam's get unused. Send me a message if you'd like.
Cheers Kten, i have little skinny chicken legs though so would be a small to medium at best.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
I'm wearing my old leatt moto hard plastic ones at the moment and doing the job the top strap is uncomfortable pedaling but it can be undone with a clip which then makes them pretty good.
I'll run them til I can try some that I like.
Those Sam hill ones sound like the go, hopefully can find a place to try those on

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Lots of shin pads slip if you dont have the perfect shaped legs but looking at that nasty wound I would say ride up and put them on before you come down.
I have Fox which clip over , so easy on + off but as Planko says the elastic needs renewing every so often.
Unfortunately wounds on the front of the leg take ages to heal due to the blood supply and can be weak indefinitely due to lack of padding.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Cheers Kten, i have little skinny chicken legs though so would be a small to medium at best.

I've got a set of knee/shins I can sell you. TLDs I think? Med. They're a bit small so I haven't worn them much but I can get you a piccie when I get home if you like?

BT180

Max Pfaff
+1 for the Sam Hill pads also. They are super comfy and don't move a bit. Only downside is that that are hot AF in summer if you do lots of pedalling