Knee/Shin Guards, which one?

Which pads?

• Total voters

nathan

Likes Dirt
Just trying to decide on some new pads. Money is always hard to depart with so what do you guys think.

Dainese Knee shin (standard)
Dainese Knee shin (Free Style)
Fox 911 (newer version, with velcro straps)
Fox Raptor

fastrider gus

super huck
prety hard thing to decide dude.. i have the pro air dainese, i have used the freestyle and the 911's too. i dont know about the raptors though.
at the moment i would say
1. dainese freestyle
2. fox 911's
3. dainese pro airs
but raptors might be better...

dcroad

Cannon Fodder
I've got a set of Dainese 03 Pro Air knee guards they are very good.
But I think they would be better with a middle strap that wraps around the top of your calf just to support the knee cap a little better.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
My 911s slideeee down like a bitch. Piss me the fARk off..........Considering how much they cost

wombat

Lives in a hole
If you're thinking about the 911's have a look at the 661 Comp guard's instead. Same price, but heaps better guard, beefy as and heaps more secure.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Oh, and as for the Raptors, well they offer heaps more support than the others (good if you have bad knees) but they're a moto guard, so they don't give full shin coverage.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
have a look at the axo hinged guards, don't know what they are called. i got a set and once you play withthe straps to get the fitting right they are pretty good. if they slide at all (and mine don't now i got the straps right) then a bit of tape will keep em there, and give you that much sought after roadie leg look :)

curtisrider

Eats Squid
I've got azonic ones.
they are big and chunky and sometimes uncomfortable but its pays off if you come off while going fast or doing a hardcore huck or while jumping.