kona stuff or specialized p2

dick

Likes Dirt
SausaGe_LiNk said:
I just got a p2, i chose it over the 04 stuff because i like it alot more ! The forks are air/oil dampened with a good feel in them, i chose it over hte stuff because it is better value for money!
I would highly recommend the p2, i rode the stuff and the p2 and the p2 felt better by far!
what size?

spudz

Likes Dirt
I know someone at my lbs that just snapped the forks on his p2 at the arch as well!! Sounds like a problem there for marzochi.

matty foy

Likes Dirt
i would look at the 04 sasquatch because it is the same price as the stuff has a better frame and hydros and dj 3's and is better value for money.

Fritta

Likes Dirt
Atm, blackshadows looking at the 04 stuff, they come to our lbs in about 3 days. He's got $200 more to earn then hes gonna buy one :D

SausaGe_LiNk

Likes Dirt
matty foy said:
i would look at the 04 sasquatch because it is the same price as the stuff has a better frame and hydros and dj 3's and is better value for money.
The thing is most bike stores wont have that bike in until Febuary or March.
The p2 i got is a long and fits me perfectly, as for the forks snapping, ill cross that bridge when i come to it :lol: :lol:

SausaGe_LiNk

Likes Dirt
Fritta said:
Atm, blackshadows looking at the 04 stuff, they come to our lbs in about 3 days. He's got $200 more to earn then hes gonna buy one :D
Bike now in melbourne have the 04 stuff in right now.

dylma

Likes Dirt
yeh go the stuff, generally kona have better frames than norco, but worse componentory, then specialized generally dont have as good a fork, brake or frame, but have nicer componentory.

it all depends if u wanna jumo, urban, race etc

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Callum said:
i have a 2k3 kona stuff and it is bloody awsome, ive had it for a year and all ive broken is a spoke and the rear mech lever
Ditto, Ive only had mine maybe 4 or 5 months now, did the derailier, 3 spokes and the chain, who puts freakin sticks on trails i dont know? But it looks heaps better with the black deore :)

I love her.

sifter

Likes Dirt
tu plang said:
sifter said:
dA_bOmBbIkE said:
the p2 has elastomer forks that feel terrible but it is a better frame than the stuff and is a little cheaper and forks can always be changed so i say go the p2
just got my p2, replaced the dodgy marzocchis, (gasp how could anyone put marzocchis on a decent bike)
those particular ones arent too great but how could anyone put marzocchis on a decent bike? i hope u were just joking but if not maybe u should ask kona, specialized or norco why they put them on decent bikes

confusedly yours
ben
the only marzocchi forks i'd come within 10 foot of with a long pole are thier dc forks, only their dcs are made in italy, the singlecrowns are all crappy mass production taiwanese jobs. yes i said it, you're crazy to buy marzocchi when they are so many other far higher quality options about the place.

SausaGe_LiNk

Likes Dirt
spudz said:
I know someone at my lbs that just snapped the forks on his p2 at the arch as well!! Sounds like a problem there for marzochi.
What was he doing when he snapped the forks, was he pushing the limits, is he a hard rider ??
You cant lay all the blame on the forks if they snapped, maybe the rider thrashed the shit out of them and did stuff they werent made for.

struggles

Likes Dirt
I rode the p.2 last week and it was a good fit, I plan to use for urban riding and general stuff around plus a bit of dirt jumping

man

Likes Dirt
get the damn sasquatch...
Someone inforce the fact that waiting a little can bring a damn good bike for the price...

I'm getting my norco manik for $1750 with drop off dc's and single track rims etc... U need to check out the norco line up a little closer coz they are a really nice bike...

sorry bout my constant rambling,
sam :lol:

bazza

look at me
theres a p3 for sale for $1000 i would highly recommend buying it, although i dont know the guy or what condition its in but for 1k thats bloody awesome!

Simmo

Squid
I have got a stuff. It is pretty good, i dont ride all that often so it suites me. But if i was to go and get a new bike, i would have a look at the 2004 norcos. the 125 and the Sasquatch are both good. good luck buddy! :D

i have a p2 , and i find it sweet for my needs. the mz's on it are fine and work well for me. and the frame kicks ass. if u want a really beasty frame with craploads of gusseting ..get the p2 . + its specs except for the forks are better then the stuff.. in my opinion.