kona stuff or specialized p2

blackshadow54

Likes Dirt
hey i been looking at bikes for a little while now and iv got about $1500 i might get a kona stuff or a specialized p2, what do ya recon or do you think i should get something elce :?:

dick

Likes Dirt
there both prettygood.
p2 has better brakes, hayes rather than alivio.
p2 has worse forks. im pretty sure.
and the p2 has a better frame imo. easier to do stuff on cause its shorter.
if u get the p2, make sure u geta long cause otherwise it will be massivly small.

dick

Likes Dirt
how short and light,.
i just got a p3/ and i got a long and i find it perfect. i tried the short and it was really too short.
im like 5'7 or something so im short too

Adi

It's my birthday!
They are pretty equally speced I say. Each one has its pros and cons. Just coems down to presonal prefference.

dick

Likes Dirt
Konaman said:
04 sasquatch will go for around 1500,
dj3
single track rims
HMFX9 8* DISC BRAKES
nice solid frame.
waiting for the 04 bikes it probably not a bad idea.

Pwhite

Squid
Konaman said:
04 sasquatch will go for around 1500,
dj3
single track rims
HMFX9 8* DISC BRAKES
nice solid frame.
Konaman, do you think you could place a picture on this post of the 04 sasquatch???

chucK

Likes Dirt
the 04 stuff has hayes mechanicals and marzocchi drop off comps

ive been squarin off the p1/2/3 and the stuff for a while now and i think im going with the stuff
the frame i believe looks more solid and easier to work with, but eh i aint ridden it yet.

and $1500 for a bike of that calibre is pretty choice to me.

Konaman

Likes Dirt
Yeah they will be out in like a month this bike i would say is probly the best speced bike ever made fore its price, hydros for that price is just amazing i would definitely say look into getting a norco for 04. There up on the site as dick said so have a look.

udi

swiss cheese
My friend has also been looking at those two bikes, I suggested going for the Stuff over the P2 due to the fork. A 5" drop-off comp isn't a star, but it's gotta be better than the XC orientated fork on the P2. At least that's what I was thinking. I told him to look for a good frame and fork primary, and that smaller/cheaper components could be upgraded later. He wants to go for second hand hydro's or something later on, so the lesser brakes aren't a big deal.

I told him to go for the stuff. What do you guys think?

He's also looking at a Diamondback BSX comp, with the same fork as the Kona, and maybe nicer gear. I couldn't find much info on it, would you guys take the Stuff over it or not?

thanks.

Jordy

RYD4LF
ive seen pictures of the diamond back in mags and i'd go the stuff over it... the bsx comp looks quiet larger then the stuff and it dont look like it would handle dirt jumpin quite as good

Mommers

Likes Dirt
IMO i'd go the Kona stuff, has a way better frame but you would have to spend a bit to get you components better, just replace when you break 'em.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it's not a way better frame, it's just slightly better quality, but good luck trying to break either ! so i'd go with the better speced one, however, the P series don't have replacable derailleur hangers which is a bit of a worry...

mr whippy

Likes Dirt
as a p2 owner i have to speak up. p2 is a decent ride. keep in mind anything in that price range is just a starting point. i was deciding between 3 bikes, and just went with the p2(long) because that had the best feel for me, but you might find another one better for you.
If you do go with it, it is a nice pedal. its balanced, and easy as all fark to throw around in the air.
hope you find wot you are looking for. :)

03choko03

Likes Dirt
i got an old stuff 2001 model , its vryy tuff,
wickid bike, bit diff to the newer ones, massive gusset instead of squar to round down tube, i ran jnr ts on it 4 ages wth no probs