Kudos - when customer service excels

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This place pays a lot of tribute the times our dealers let us down, so i thought a thread celebrating the good times was in order. After all is good customer service not what we crave?

I'll get the ball rolling...I recently made a purchase from Torpedo7. Unfortunately one of the items arrived damaged. 2 emails, 1 photograph, and a couple of days later I was presented with a choice of 4 options, all of which exceeded my expectations. The issue is now resolved, I'm a happy customer, and I've made an additional order with them in the process. The replacement (which isn't an essential item) will be with me in a few days.

Say no to bad customer service, by saying wow(!) to the good service!

Switch

huskier headed gent
I will play along, CRC recently sent me a pair of shorts for my wife that were quoted as containing a liner short. No such liner arrived and when questioned on it they discovered an error in the write up. They promptly edited the website and sent me a refund saying not to bother sending the shorts back as it was not worth the postage (on sale at $48 from $139). Can't complain about that :clap2:

moorey

call me Mia
Good to hear. Opposite story with me and another online store currently. May be my last order with them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sea R Sea seem to pack items very untidily in my opinion. I've used Torpedo quite often for Shimano rotors and never had a problem with them, even their snail mail seems to be faster than most.

Last edited:

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Big +1M to BMX Mafia.

Was a couple years ago, but looking for an odd sized BB to sell a bike and they said they had a used one in good condish that we could have for free. Got there and it turned out they didn't have it after all, so gave us a brand new one for freeeeee in the holiday spirit. Been going back ever since for all those little bits i needed to finish my build yesterday.

Brow

Big Block
Good thread

I have twice had good service from a local shop, not been opened long. Saturn Cycles in Albany Creek. I have fitted new cassettes to the kids bikes to extend their riding capabilities and the shop removed the old cassettes for me on the spot free as I did not have the right tool.

They will be getting some of my money next time I am in the market some new stuff.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I have twice had good service from a local shop, not been opened long. Saturn Cycles in Albany Creek. I have fitted new cassettes to the kids bikes to extend their riding capabilities and the shop removed the old cassettes for me on the spot free as I did not have the right tool.

They will be getting some of my money next time I am in the market some new stuff.
I think this is becoming a trend in bricks and mortar retail. Your average retail bike shop can't compete against the online stores on price, and even the level of service from the online sellers is pretty good for the most part as well (Moorey's exception pending). My LBS has always gone above and beyond in all my dealings with them; it's that good old face to face stuff, free tips and advice that keep me coming back. Well, that and all the nice shiny new bikes they have...

moman

Likes Dirt
great idea for a thread

I was thinking of starting something similar after my experience with the MTB suspension centre in Sydney.

Wanted to add to the bottom out bumper to shorten the stroke very slightly and they did a fantastic and precise job going above and beyond what I asked for. Great price too.

stirk

Burner
Someone installed the cassette lockring on my Kona with a impact wrench and red loctite and I bent tools trying to undo it.

Two mechanics at Park bikes in Sydney Olympic Park got the job done, with much effort I might add.

Cost to me = $0

The staff here are courteous and professional.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
My young son ,12 at the time, bought a single speed conversion kit online off DMR bikes in the UK to turn his 10 speed in to a dirt jumper.
When it got here it was wrong, the wrong components had been packed in the plastic bag.
2 emails with a photo and 4 days!!!! later a new kit arrives in the mail along with a tee shirt, stickers and three BMX DVDS
Stickers are a sure way to a 12 year olds heart : )

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
Mitcham bicycle centre.

Above and beyond in customer service, always happy and cheery, makes it a pleasure to shop there. They are also pretty damn talented with a set of tools too.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
The Angry Butcher in Sunbury are awesome. They've looked after me with my silly questions and even sillier orders;)

John U

MTB Precision
Croydon Cycleworks, Croydon. Sorted me out with a perfect bike for a 24 hour when my frame cracked on my old steed about 4 weeks out from the race. Did a great deal for me despite my situation. Backed it up with a few free visits from me looking for creak I thought was coming from the frame. Turned out to be the old seat I bought across from my old bike. All done with a smile.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Ashgrove cycles helped me out twice with warranty support for a reverb I didn't even buy off them. I don't live around their way so have never had a chance to shop there and repay the favour...

stinkytodamax

Likes Dirt
Pushys Fyshwick have saved my bacon on so many occassions.
Needed some stans 15mm caps they didnt have any stock so they pulled them off a floor model.
Sourcing non existent DP Pike tokens.
Free beer at the Pivot Firebird launch.
Retaped and faced a BB thread that I thought was cactus.
24 hour servicing when I've needed it.

Recently bought from Summit Cycles Sydney and they were awesome. Easy to talk to and happy to help with spec changes to suit me. i.e. shorter stem, 100mm dropper post, tyre choices and supply my own wheels and built the bike in a matter of hours.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
http://www.trailtunesuspension.com/home

The service is still available, the beer however, unless brad's sending it out mail order, is another matter.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
Yeah I saw that and will send my reverb off shortly for a bit of Brad-love. But to be honest, its a very different experience to riding 5 mins up the road, having a beer and talking shit with a large longhaired man full of stoke and steeze.

Actually, that reminds me that this thread is the perfect place to give Brad props too for lending me his own bike for about 2 months while Fox dragged their feet doing a service on my Brain shock then RS dicked around with my reverb warranty issue (all complicated by the fact that Brad had some pretty gnarly health issues and was only in the shop sporadically).