Lego

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Another MOC. A few improvements, the siderods were a single piece not connecting all three wheels so I fixed that and a couple of subtle changes in the build like leaving out windows that were never in the original. Really nice thing. The 060 Pannier tank engine is a favourite, I built the kids a toybox so many years ago. The boiler was an open box with a soft close lid and the kids could climb into the cab up to about 7 years of age.

All that remains on the traction engine is for me to get my lazy arse to the lathe and mill to do the rims.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Another MOC. A few improvements, the siderods were a single piece not connecting all three wheels so I fixed that and a couple of subtle changes in the build like leaving out windows that were never in the original. Really nice thing. The 060 Pannier tank engine is a favourite, I built the kids a toybox so many years ago. The boiler was an open box with a soft close lid and the kids could climb into the cab up to about 7 years of age.

All that remains on the traction engine is for me to get my lazy arse to the lathe and mill to do the rims.
That's super cool. The world needs more Lego trains.

scblack

Leucocholic

I wish I had a bottomless wallet and could justify the Harry Potter train set. Saw it built up at the Lego shop in Castle Towers (Castle Hill shopping centre). Loved it! But at $800 its a stretch.....

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I wish I had a bottomless wallet and could justify the Harry Potter train set. Saw it built up at the Lego shop in Castle Towers (Castle Hill shopping centre). Loved it! But at $800 its a stretch.....
Disclaimer: not a HP fan but even if I was I doubt I'd get it. Wrong scale, minimal carriages and platform too small. Too expensive imo.

Edit: they need to re-release this.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
But all Lego really is too expensive. Par for the course.....
I think some stuff is much better value than others. Technic is generally really good vfm, as are Creator Expert (or whatever it's called now). It's the pricing of licenced sets that are more likely to be on the piss.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was contemplating scratch building an AD60 or Qld'd ASG event though the colour red is wrong. BUT. I drew out the basics and made a wish list and yep over $1k! So no.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It is expensive but it’s the only way I was getting a Ferrari
I really should poke through these boxes when I have time.