Lets get a regular crew for some local dh in se queensland.

oldstinky75

Likes Dirt
Another mad keen punter here lookin for tracks and fellow riders. Why don't we tee somethin up for next weekend. Be silly not to.

taitt

Likes Dirt
One more for the pile. Someone name a time, date and place and lets get something in motion.

oldstinky75

Likes Dirt
The only track I've been riding is pipeline off gap ck rd but surely there's gotta be some sweeter rides than that so someone make a suggestion and lets do it up!!

luke240z

Likes Bikes
Well we should organise a Clear Mountain day then. Depending on the skill level you guys are looking for in a track I personally think Clear Mountain stomps on pipeline. One big reason is I don't have to drag my ass all the way back up to the top to do it all over again. If that was my game I would have bought a XC carbon bike and cried myself to sleep about how heavy my rear derailleur was :rolleyes:
To give you an idea, the final drop on pipeline at the end of the wood section is childs play compared to some of the gap jumps at Clear. The good thing about Clear is that there are a few different runs you can take depending on your skill level so it's by far one the better places to hone your DH skills.

I will be driving the wife's forrester with a bike rack that can carry four bikes so I will chip in with the shuttling and other riders who have a valid drivers license are also welcome to alternate shuttling. So let's get the ball rolling.

Cheers
Luke

Place: Clear Mountain - (Drop In) Top carpark
Date: Saturday 5th February
Time: 9:00am
Bring: Protection! , Lots of water, snacks, goos, etc.

IN:
1. Luke
2. Steve
3. Andrew
4. Julian
5. DH-Racer
6. nic1894

Last edited:

taitt

Likes Dirt
Well we should organise a Clear Mountain day then. Depending on the skill level you guys are looking for in a track I personally think Clear Mountain stomps on pipeline. One big reason is I don't have to drag my ass all the way back up to the top to do it all over again. If that was my game I would have bought a XC carbon bike and cried myself to sleep about how heavy my rear derailleur was :rolleyes:
To give you an idea, the final drop on pipeline at the end of the wood section is childs play compared to some of the gap jumps at Clear. The good thing about Clear is that there are a few different runs you can take depending on your skill level so it's by far one the better places to hone your DH skills.

I will be driving the wife's forrester with a bike rack that can carry four bikes so I will chip in with the shuttling and other riders who have a valid drivers license are also welcome to alternate shuttling. So let's get the ball rolling.

Cheers
Luke

IN:
1. Luke
2. Steve
+1 on the Pipeline call. Would love to join but out of Brisbane that weekend. If you are keen to make it a regular thing I am willing to join in on the shuttling / mainly the riding.

oldstinky75

Likes Dirt

Cheers
Luke

IN:
1. Luke
2. Steve
Hell yeah. Count me in. Can you provide us with some directions as I've never ridden there before.
Cheers.
Andrew.

keldave1

Likes Dirt
I've only just stumbled onto this thread and it sounds like someone's got a good thing going for people to hookup as a group.

I will be attending the Outlook track on the Gold Coast on Saturday instead.

I've met some fantastic people out at Cleary that have helped me get off my fat %&* and hit up all of the Bigger gaps except the big stepdown near the bottom (next time:cool:)

DH - racer

Likes Dirt

Cheers
Luke

IN:
1. Luke
2. Steve
3. Andrew
4. Julian
im keeen, if i dont have my bike up and running im more then happy to shuttle as i just got my p's :D

luke240z

Likes Bikes
So far looking good fellas.

IN:
1. Luke
2. Steve
3. Andrew
4. Julian
5. DH-Racer
6. nic1894
7. nimajneb

Last edited:
i am in for cleary on 5th

still got room for another rider? i can try and get a trailer from work, note try but other wise i will be there at 9am !!!!

luke240z

Likes Bikes
hows this all gunna work? like with shuttles and all
As long as everyone on this list can make the drive to Clear with their bikes, I can shuttle 4 riders including myself and we can rotate the shuttle driving with those who have a licence.

So at this rate we only need 1 more vehicle that can take 3.

Depending on your locations, I will be driving from Bracken Ridge so if anyone is on the way I could do a pickup.

And for those getting shuttled throughout the day can chip in a $5 for fuel. Sounds like a fair deal?