LEV Probs.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
So iv'e got an LEV that's playing up. It very rarely goes all the way up, stopping about 10mm from the top, at times it doesn't move at all. Iv'e had it at the shop a good few times with no joy, and the mechanic down there says it all looks fine (scratching his head, slightly tilted). I'm not super keen on pulling it apart, as im not overly mechanically minded. Any ideas?? Would the amount of pressure in the return speed valve help? (Fu@k you KS for for making the hole tiny, and not accommodating my Jetblack job.) Also, what does the round dial do on the side of the switch to activate the dropper? Would tightening it help? Lots of questions, hopefully lots of answers! Cheers for any info dudes.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Email sales[at]pushie.com.au and get it sent back for a service or warranty cartridge replacement.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Cheers fellas, I'll hit up pushie asap. Any ideas on the return speed pressure?? Wouldn't mind sussing it out in the meantime.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
He'll get it back to you as fast as he can, no need to pressure him. :boomtish:
I've always wanted a midget on a drum kit for moments like yours. C'mon dudes, not one answer about the pressure thingy? 23 replies about floor pumps, and no joy with the LEV return speed!

ChopSticks

Banned
enough teasing....

I'll tell you the pressure in my lev is
251psi ;)

lol jks... DO NOT exceed 250 psi

KS recommend 150-250psi
not sure whats in mine.... never touched the air since pulling it out of the box

redbruce

Eats Squid
Cheers fellas, I'll hit up pushie asap. Any ideas on the return speed pressure?? Wouldn't mind sussing it out in the meantime.
I run 175psi.

As chops has stated, spec is 150-(but not exceeding )250 and it easily returns to full height with only 150.

I have not really found a lot of difference between 150 and 200. Above 200 speed is noticeably quicker.

Last edited:

markb84

Likes Dirt
Apologies if this is a blatantly obvious point but are you 100% that there's enough tension in the cable.

I thought mine was starting to play up a while back and it just turned out to be cable stretch. The post will actuate most of the time but not all the time if the cable is slightly out.

If you have the barrel adjuster in your setup I'd recommend giving it a few twists and testing it out. Can't hurt to try.

ktastrphe

Likes Dirt
Mine is lucky to get 10mm to the top limit without a bit of helping hand, I just thought that was normal. On colder days it needs a drop down to get the fluid moving and is then fine - do you find the same?

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
I've always wanted a midget on a drum kit for moments like yours. C'mon dudes, not one answer about the pressure thingy? 23 replies about floor pumps, and no joy with the LEV return speed!
I run 200psi in my LEV, and found anything below 150 does slow the return rate down quite a bit.

Another thing to look at is whether your seatpost clamp is too tight. My LEV wasn't returning the last 25mm and I found it was because of that. KS say to only torque the seatpost clamp to 6-7 NM, which is not much at all really, and about half what I normally use! It's easy enough to test if that's your problem - just release your seat clamp, press the remote and see if the post now extends the full amount. Following their torque guidelines fixed it for me - seems the internals are sensitive to the clamping pressure on the outside.

Last edited:

yase

Squid
Had the same problem recently, forums that increasing the pressure to 200psi as suggested above sorted it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

treble

Likes Dirt
+1 for seat clamp torque, I noticed mine wasn't going up all the way when the clamp was done up too tight. Used the torque wrench and it worked perfectly

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the feedback fellas! That seat clamp idea makes sense for sure, will check it out on the weekend. Failing that, i'll hit up Pushies and get it sent off. Cheers!

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Mine is lucky to get 10mm to the top limit without a bit of helping hand, I just thought that was normal. On colder days it needs a drop down to get the fluid moving and is then fine - do you find the same?

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
Nope, the weather doesn't affect it......that iv'e noticed at least. It just always sucks!

Broken200

Likes Dirt
I had similar issues with mine for a while but I increased the pressure to 200-210 from memory and it seems to have come good. Regular clean and lube under the seal definitely helps keep things running smoothly also.
I originally got mine in Roto whilst over there last Oct as there were none in Aus at the time and will prob get it serviced whilst I'm over there next cause those guys really know their KS gear, every second dropper in Roto is a KS because the importer/dist lives there. Good luck.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Tried loosening the seat clamp today before a quick blast, but with no joy. Will shoot down the LBS tomorrow and try upping the pressure a lil. Hope it works, as "sending it off" makes me nervous money wise! Cheers dudes.