Limited Edition Santa Cruz Greg Minnaar Replica V10

heavyp

You heard it here first
max_SCB_Greg_V10_Profile_38530.jpg
On September 1st 2013, Greg Minnaar won a third World Championship title, on a stock Santa Cruz V10 downhill frame in front of his home crowd in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
To celebrate his back-to-back gold medals, Santa Cruz created a limited edition Minnaar V10 replica of which only 25 will be made, 23 of which will be planted at select locations around the World. Introduced at the Santa Cruz Christmas party on December 14 by Rob Warner, the man who commentated on Greg's Worlds run, 2 of the bikes were immediately spoken for onsite.

The bikes have a totally unique build, born from Greg’s collaboration with Syndicate race mechanics and team partners. From the aesthetics, such as one-off frame, wheel, fork, and saddle graphics, down to the specifics such as the 808mm wide Special Edition ENVE Minnaarbar and cut down Shimano 7-speed 11-19 cassette. Equipped with stock Fox suspension and Shimano Saint groupset, the Minnaar V10 Replica is perfected with Chris King components, Burgtec stem, Gamut chain device and Maxxis Minion DHR II tires.
Each bike also comes complete with a limited edition O’Neal Rainbow Stripes Minnaar replica jersey, made specifically to accompany the bike.

BIKE STATS

Frame:
Available: S, M, L & XL
7.9 lb (3.6 kg) M size with Fox DHX RC4 shock with 9.5” x 3.0” steel coil
10” (25.4cm) to 8.5” (21.6cm) of adjustable travel
Custom South African decal set
Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors
Integrated fork bumpers with cable guide
Carbon upper link - increased stiffness
Forged aluminum lower link with recessed grease ports
Collet axle pivots - lock in place without pinch bolts
Direct mount rear derailleur hanger
Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
Co-molded aluminum hardware on upper pivot and bottom bracket - no bonding

Build:
Chris King headset and hubs, with 157mm rear axle spacing for easier wheel installation
ENVE carbon 808mm wide Special Edition Minnaarbar handlebar and ENVE carbon seat post
Burgtec direct-mount stem
Shimano Saint 165mm cranks with 36T front chain ring
7-speed 11-19 cassette
Shimano Saint brakes with 203mm rotors front & rear
WTB custom Minnaar Silverado saddle
Gamut P38 chain device
Marsh Guard front fender
Replica number plate
Retail pricing info:
$11,000 in USA & Canada
Please contact the distributors listed for local pricing
For further info please contact: will.ockelton@santacruzbicycles.com

AVAILABILITY
Australia
Neezy distribution: andrew@neezy.com.au
PO Box 120 Wilston Q 4051, Wilston, Queensland, Australia
Size: L x 1

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Santa-Cruz-Launch-Limited-Edition-Greg-Minnaar-Replica-V10,681

Last edited:

haritone

Likes Dirt
Just my opinion but I think the bike would have looked a lot better if the frame were green with some other details in the RSA flag colours. The black frame with flag decals looks, dare I say, tacky? That said, the V10c is one hell of a bike!

driftking

Wheel size expert
I highly doubt he ran a steel coil it was pietermartizberg after all guys were saving weight left right and center. He would have saved like 300 grams going ti.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Regardless of if he ran steel or ti, or if there could be better RSA colour options, if I was going to spend 11k on a replica I'd want Steves UK model.

DirtyDingo

Banned
Holy Moly, I want that!!! Who do I have to kill??

A ccdb air would be awesome for that price or at least a titanium spring.
But I like the green decals only, the other dots and stuff not so much, it's too much!!

But still a nice looking bike, maybe not everyone's thing.

Last edited:

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
I reckon they should chuck in the optional extra of buying a replica of his Nelson Mandela tribute full face as a kind of memorial.