Little Things You Hate

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Tradies. FFS, I get that you start early and you've got jobs to do etc. but a fucking chainsaw and tree munching machine at 7am is just fucking rude.

Learn some fucking manners, plan your work for the day around not being fuck heads.
Standard approved working hours knob end...

You can start complaining after we park the scrappers in the median and start warming up from 6.30am if you are referring to Northbourne Ave......

moorey

call me Mia
Tradies. FFS, I get that you start early and you've got jobs to do etc. but a fucking chainsaw and tree munching machine at 7am is just fucking rude.

Learn some fucking manners, plan your work for the day around not being fuck heads.
If you had kids, you'd be awake already at that time, and understand...

Edit: Happy now Art? Some of us work for a living....

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
oh "if you had kids, you'd understand" and variants is definitely a little thing I hate.

yeah, sure, we'll never experience that whole parent thing - but parents will have to wait 18 years before they can roll out of bed a little later and shake fists at all those noisy tradies disturbing the peace at an uncivilised hour

:dance:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yes indeed Lyle - at what point in the forum hierarchy that heading sits. Just say'n OT is beginning to seem to define the whole forum. Entertaining though. There are some genuinely funny people here. That's cool if we're being steered towards an entertainment forum loosely based around MTB. It's part of the culture.
Sooooo, reading between the lines here: You have a problem with how we (me mostly) wants to see the forum roll? Well, here's how I see it. Social media is so easily accessible and a lot of people don't want to see their thoughts moderated by some kid on a website. Some do though, some expect a place to converse where there are limits and some control. I do, I hate seeing the junk people talk elsewhere, especially in area's where people are selling stuff. This forum is good and aside from being an admin of the joint, I really enjoy the solely bike related talk but the off topic section is kind of like having beer's after a ride. You can get to that spot to chew the fat and it broadens our intellect of each other, we get to know the other people well enough to have conversations with them in person which for me happens very regularly, almost every ride or race I do in another part of this fine country means I end up running into a Rotorburn member.
Now imagine if the off topic section was moderated to the point that people were too afraid to say their piece because the scary moderator's would threaten to eat their children. What's the point in that? Most of the posts on this site are people conversing a topic with people who want to respond, I'm not going to stop that. It'd be like me butting in when you're talking to someone in the car park and me saying you're not allowed to say that in public! I ain't that guy, I like continuation of good things and if it means a forum with tons of members who come back everyday to talk twenty percent bikes and eighty percent other stuff then thats fine by me.
The interest in the site has dwindled but we still have a great amount of traffic. We still have a huge and very current database of topics that people use to find out things for their bike and our trading area is very much alive and well. It's my job to make the people who choose to use the site satisfied and by all accounts, its working out okay. I can't please everyone but I know I'm doing what I can with what I've got to use.
You guys and gals all know I'm always open to things that can improve the site so never be afraid to ask. If you don't want to start a thread, just send me a message. There's things I can do and there's things I can't but I'll always try.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
oh "if you had kids, you'd understand" and variants is definitely a little thing I hate.

yeah, sure, we'll never experience that whole parent thing - but parents will have to wait 18 years before they can roll out of bed a little later and shake fists at all those noisy tradies disturbing the peace at an uncivilised hour

:dance:
yeah, nah..what you should have said is that you will never experience the whole tradie thing..thats ok, fuck off back to bed, we will wake you at the crack of noon when its time for you lot to get up!...fucking snobs!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah, you seem to have missed about 3 years of context...Back in your box, virgin boy.
yeah, fair enough, I was just taking the last few posts at face value and adding a bit of shit stirring.

stand by my children comment, best of luck to anyone who choses to go down that tumultuous, sleep-deprived path.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
yeah, nah..what you should have said is that you will never experience the whole tradie thing..thats ok, fuck off back to bed, we will wake you at the crack of noon when its time for you lot to get up!...fucking snobs!
ah just some light facetiousness mate, I've got too much spare time you see

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
yeah, fair enough, I was just taking the last few posts at face value and adding a bit of shit stirring.

stand by my children comment, best of luck to anyone who choses to go down that tumultuous, sleep-deprived path.
im not going to prattle on about the joy of having kids..... but what i will say is that raising children gives you patients, but dealing with fuckwits takes it right back again!

And the relevance of the forum to mountain biking takes another kick in the guts.

I'll offer you another perspective.

The banter of the "off topic" section makes the forum accessible to those new to the sport, the ones who aren't familiar with the technology or the vernacular, those who have a desire to enter the sport but have no one to share the experience with or learn from.

I would have thought someone with a commercial interest that benefits from this forum would be able to make the next obvious connection.