Little Things You Hate

slowmick

38-39"
Thanks Mick, as above, I think it is going to be OK… fingers crossed. The Tama’s are ace. I re-cut the toms bearing edges and they sing with single ply heads now, sound great and the kit is completely gig ready. The guitar, bass, drums part of the band is sweet, but we are not going with our original singer (for various reasons) so we’ve got a few options, but our immediate vocal hopeful is a young 35 y/o who I did some other stuff with previously. I hope he works out as his other band has a loyal down town youngies following and that wouldn’t hurt. There's no rush, we're hoping to gig in late Spring, through Summer, if it happens at all.
awesome to hear on both fronts Lazmo. the idea of a ready made following is very appealing to a back line player. :thumb:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I made it to about halfway towards cutting the end of my thumb off last week. It was quite messy, but has been pretty much a pain free experience. No great story to go with it either.

Holy fuck it is inconvenient though!!! Can't type of phone properly, can't write with pen, can't wipe arse easily, can't blow nose...and on and on. I can't wait for the wound to heal as typing on a phone with index finger is so slow.

Next time you play with your knife kids, be careful.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
So I made it to about halfway towards cutting the end of my thumb off last week. It was quite messy, but has been pretty much a pain free experience. No great story to go with it either.

Holy fuck it is inconvenient though!!! Can't type of phone properly, can't write with pen, can't wipe arse easily, can't blow nose...and on and on. I can't wait for the wound to heal as typing on a phone with index finger is so slow.
Yahhhh, stop using hunting knives to butter your bread, y'hear......
No more hitchhiking, no more downshifting, no more Fonzie impersonations, will be difficult time for the Poodle until that heals. Although I didn't think that canines had a use for an opposable thumb but that is story for another day.

Next time you play with your knife kids, be careful.
That gets a thumbs up from me. :encouragement:
You aren't a good example in that regard unfortunately. Get well soon Poodle's thumb.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yahhhh, stop using hunting knives to butter your bread, y'hear......
No more hitchhiking, no more downshifting, no more Fonzie impersonations, will be difficult time for the Poodle until that heals. Although I didn't think that canines had a use for an opposable thumb but that is story for another day.

That gets a thumbs up from me. :encouragement:
You aren't a good example in that regard unfortunately. Get well soon Poodle's thumb.
How do you think I hold my bone?

Fonzie impression is easy now due to white tip.

BT180

Max Pfaff
When you've had an awesome ride on your favourite trails, feel smooth, fast and you're sure you pushed yourself. Especially on the climbs.

Finish the ride and excitedly log on to see how you went....And find this:

IMG_8986.PNG

C'mon, not even a 2nd or 3rd best?! haha

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I hate that!

I at least got a PR and a few 2nds before I smashed myself on the weekend, so it wasn't a total loss I guess.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I will change the subject .
people who send 14 page faxes full of nothing including useless cover sheets .
fortunately i starved it of paper then pulled out the power plug so it did not stay in the fax memory and it just disappeared.

stirk

Burner
When you've had an awesome ride on your favourite trails, feel smooth, fast and you're sure you pushed yourself. Especially on the climbs.

Finish the ride and excitedly log on to see how you went....And find this:

View attachment 339554

C'mon, not even a 2nd or 3rd best?! haha
This is a thing to love!

"When you've had an awesome ride on your favourite trails, feel smooth, fast and you're sure you pushed yourself. Especially on the climbs."

I will change the subject .
people who send 14 page faxes full of nothing including useless cover sheets .
fortunately i starved it of paper then pulled out the power plug so it did not stay in the fax memory and it just disappeared.
I still have a floppy disc!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Faxes? They still have those?

How quaint.
I think fax can still be considered as legal document and legal folks move slow with most things to technical. They still love printing stuff out of their 386's and putting it into a wall of folders. Very quaint indeed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think fax can still be considered as legal document and legal folks move slow with most things to technical. They still love printing stuff out of their 386's and putting it into a wall of folders. Very quaint indeed.
That's why the get the big bucks. They keep your shit organised...I wouldn't trust myself with it! Shit, it would just end up covered with coffee stains. And what looks like mustard.