Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
The rules are fcuking stupid. Try entering a small (typical) roundabout without indicating and then exiting with an indicator on.

Go ahead - try it. Betcha can't.
Most of us do it all the time here or you'll get booked by Mr Plod, fuck giving them more money for nothing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, that is odd - they're just a glorified four way stop intersection

(can you imagine the four way stop system from the US working here....? It would be chaos...)
No need to imagine! There's fucking heaps of 4 way stop signs in Newcastle and it is as stupid as you are imagining.

scblack

Leucocholic
Your tyres can be seriously affected by roundabouts. My front left tyre had bad wear on the left shoulder, and the Bridgestone guy suggested roundabouts can be the issue. Sounds right, in the Hills district where I live there are plenty of two lane, quick travel roundabouts and the way your car leans to the left around them will cause more wear on the left tyres, particularly front.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It's impossible because the average Sydney dickhead enters the small roundabout at approx mach 9.
The average Sydney dick approaches EVERYTHING at Mach 9. We had one come work for us, ever time I saw him on the road he was flogging his poor little Pulsar to death.

He couldn't work out why the cops kept stopping him for inappropriate driving :rolleyes:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The average Sydney dick approaches EVERYTHING at Mach 9. We had one come work for us, ever time I saw him on the road he was flogging his poor little Pulsar to death.

He couldn't work out why the cops kept stopping him for inappropriate driving :rolleyes:
Spend 3 hrs crossing the city and see how patient you become!

It is fuckin terrible though, the average driver is atrocious

Flow-Rider

Burner

We call it 'Rat-Running', there's a house up the road at the side of a roundabout that needs to get their front fence repaired yearly because they occasional plough into it when they go out of control.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
No need to imagine! There's fucking heaps of 4 way stop signs in Newcastle and it is as stupid as you are imagining.
Wow. I thought they were a US only thing!

Freaked me out the first time I found one, couldn’t quite believe it totally relied on courtesy and watching what’s happening. Works well over there. (unless of course there’s a confused Aussie involved...)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Spend 3 hrs crossing the city and see how patient you become
For sure. Around here if there's more than 4 cars at a roundabout it's considered a traffic jam. When we moved here my wife pointed out I drove with much more patience than I did in Adelaide.

We call it 'Rat-Running', there's a house up the road at the side of a roundabout that needs to get their front fence repaired yearly because they occasional plough into it when they go out of control.
I used to cross Adelaide every day for work. There's quite a network of back streets perfect for that.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
yes, but not if you are actually intending to going straight, like @Dozer was saying...
Oh right yes. Sorry, I can totally read. Honest...

Ive not seen that one here yet. Lots indicating to exit though.... I was here for a while before I realised what was going on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People that come into a cafe and don't intend on buying something. Last few dollars through the til today were from a large group of mums each with a kid under 1, a nightmare in itself! Anyway more than half of them tried to avoid buying anything! In the end I approached each of the offenders and asked them (politely) in front of their friends "is there something I can get for you today? I must have missed your order at the counter..." the shamed jumbled no idea what they want response was the give away. Then they sat there jabbering for over an hour at maximum volume while their kids jabbered at maximum volume and each spent about....$4. You bet other customers love that noise at lunch time!

Also on that group, mums please for fucks sake close the door when you are using the toilet. If your fucking kid is going to be upset sitting at a table while you take a piss either take them in with you or don't piss. I shit you not this happened twice today.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
It is fuckin terrible though, the average driver is atrocious
Yup, scary AF when you're pedalling halfway through said roundabout with sweet FA entry visibility and you have Ol'mate/school mum bearing down on you in the Rangie/Cayenne/Q7/X5/Ghibli/F-Pace etc doing 50+ thinking everyone has to give way them.

Ultra Lord

Yup, scary AF when you're pedalling halfway through said roundabout with sweet FA entry visibility and you have Ol'mate/school mum bearing down on you in the Rangie/Cayenne/Q7/X5/Ghibli/F-Pace etc doing 50+ thinking everyone has to give way them.
I've been hit by cars 3 times, each time I was in the gutter pedalling along pretty quickly.

As soon as I started riding like a dick, suddenly everyone notices me and I haven't been hit in 3 years now

nzhumpy

I've been hit by cars 3 times, each time I was in the gutter pedalling along pretty quickly.

As soon as I started riding like a dick, suddenly everyone notices me and I haven't been hit in 3 years now
Define riding like a dick, if you mean riding in primary position as you legally entitled to do and not riding in the door zone then I also ride like a dick...I commute roughly 9-5 give or take an hour either side and through inner city suburbs so traffic is generally at a stand still, yet I still get numpties in a major rush to get the next red light 200m down the street.

Get off the f#@ken road > refuse to make eye contact at red light > golf clap

Ultra Lord

Define riding like a dick, if you mean riding in primary position as you legally entitled to do and not riding in the door zone then I also ride like a dick...I commute roughly 9-5 give or take an hour either side and through inner city suburbs so traffic is generally at a stand still, yet I still get numpties in a major rush to get the next red light 200m down the street.

Get off the f#@ken road > refuse to make eye contact at red light > golf clap
riding aggressively, hucking gutters, running reds, darting in and around traffic.

All the things people in cars like to bitch about. And it works! they notice me and I haven't been hit since.

This is around the inner west/city though. you can't really do that riding from sutherland to waterfall etc

nzhumpy

riding aggressively, hucking gutters, running reds, darting in and around traffic.

All the things people in cars like to bitch about. And it works! they notice me and I haven't been hit since.

This is around the inner west/city though.
I'm also guilty as charged.