Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Would much rather they just flick it in the bushes where I will become nature than see it hung in a tree in a bag...preserved for millenia.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
according graffiti i saw in germany, the nazis now use one of the S from the old SS symbol...

moorey

call me Mia
It's not a hate symbol. The symbol is from India.
Original use is irrelevant. What it’s come to symbolise is clear. Do you think anyone using it in its modern white supremacist context even knows it’s original or intended meaning.

Look at the eureka flag/southern cross now. Do you know anyone displaying it who doesn’t have racist/bogan sentiments, or isn’t a lefty unionist? I think both are beautiful symbols...but both now make me cringe and make pretty safe assumptions about people using them.

I used to want the Southern Cross to be part of our flag (maybe it’s a Ballarat thing). Now I resent what it’s come to symbolise.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I don't think it is. At all, especially when it is still used in artwork in India. They are not using it for white supremicist reasons there.
It is a symbol of worship. Japanese maps show shrines and churches with it. Didnt the nazis turn it backwards to show anti religion? Or sumfink?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The beauty of the swastika is you can punch the dickheads that have them and no one will care.
I don't think it is. At all, especially when it is still used in artwork in India. They are not using it for white supremicist reasons there.
The word cunt means something else in Thai but if I call you a cunt because of your defence of nazi symbolism it's not because you have an itch.

Minlak

custom titis
Just add this to the cancel culture of our society - it has been deemed by “they” to be so - no idea who “they” are but “they” said and so it shall be - there is not and never will be 2 sides to the story

Yes this is part of a much bigger angst that has been building in me and more encompassing than just this symbol

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is a symbol of worship. Japanese maps show shrines and churches with it. Didnt the nazis turn it backwards to show anti religion? Or sumfink?
It is commonly seen on Buddhist temples in Asia as a spiritual symbol.

It pre-dates Nazi cnuts high jacking it. I think it is has been used by many different cultures for a very long time.

moorey

call me Mia
In the context of racists and white supremacists using it, it’s absolutely irrelevant.
It I say you’re a cunt, I doubt you’ll give me the benefit of the doubt that I think you’re a Hindu Goddess.

moorey

call me Mia
It is commonly seen on Buddhist temples in Asia as a spiritual symbol.

It pre-dates Nazi cnuts high jacking it. I think it is has been used by many different cultures for a very long time.
Of course it has. That doesn’t give westerners a pass when using it as a hate symbol.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Just add this to the cancel culture of our society - it has been deemed by “they” to be so - no idea who “they” are but “they” said and so it shall be - there is not and never will be 2 sides to the story

Yes this is part of a much bigger angst that has been building in me and more encompassing than just this symbol
The nazi symbol is a victim of cancel culture? Seriously ?