Little Things You Hate

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
LTIH- Since updating my phone about 3 weeks ago, it has fucked up all the spelling and keeps changing words and leaving letters off the ends off words.

LTIL- After a lifetime (I think) of abbreviating 'et cetera' as ect, I have just found out that it is etc ! Rather than emphasising the syllables Et Ce Tera its ET Cetera

Maybe I already knew that and reprogrammed myself at some stage :oops::D

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When you take into account that a lot of crimes that were once brushed under the carpet are now reported the trend is more significant.

Now click on the numbers button and look at the per capita, it was more than 1 per 12000, now it's less than 1 per 10000. Just like I said, going down. In the 90's grabbing a chick on the arse may have got you punched, these days it gets you arrested. Which means the drop per person is even more significant.
I got pecked on the arse by a chick but I got her back. Chopped her head off and ate her.

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
While I'm not trying to trivialise what happened, you have to understand that the chances of that happening to your kid are less than the chance of them being hit by lightening.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What I want to know is why parents drive there kids to school these days. I live around the corner from a primary school and there is a definite link between driving to school and BMI of both the kids and parents.
My kids new school has no bike shed. They've been told to lock them up between some buildings, and apparently my 2 boys make up about half of the kids riding to school

It's pretty scary to think of all the extra fuel being burnt, and all the fat that isn't, when kids are being dropped off in those numbers every day. I make sure I give my kids a good "back in my day..." Story on a regular basis, and laugh heartily when they request a lift because I'm home for the day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Having done some (pretty unpleasant) work in the area in the past statistically the most threat a child faces from abuse is by members of their own family.

It's why those calls for a public sex offenders register are so misguided - all they're likely to do is identify the perpetrator's victims.
Don't forget that they also HAVE to do that 80m school run, in a four tonne, V8 powered, $150,000 monstrosity that almost needs it's own postcode.
Fark I could start a new thread that would just be full of incoherent ranting on this subject. Fuck SUVs in the ear.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Dumbest. Shit. Ever.

Especially when you could just rock a pair of these like it's 2002.

View attachment 386593
The hand guards might look a bit wank but who gives a fuck?

I could do with some, I've had a hairline fracture in one hand, and internal bleeding in the other getting my front wheel caught in a small rut on a roll-down/step down feature at the youies. Hung onto the bars and hands smacked into rocks on the trail. AND I was wearing protective gloves like that. So, not dumb at all from my perspective.

Sam Hill rocked the hand guards for a while AFAIK, and no-one called him dumb.

Flow-Rider

Burner
While I'm not trying to trivialise what happened, you have to understand that the chances of that happening to your kid are less than the chance of them being hit by lightening.
You've got no idea and that's not it's not even considering the chances of a heinous crime like this happening. There's also a multitude of other reasons as to why parents pick their kids up from school compared to 40 years ago, for e.g. it's the possibility that both parents hold down full times jobs. Australia has one of the highest rate of kidnaps from estranged parents in the world, not to mention that alarming rate of cyber crime towards juveniles. AFP wouldn't be releasing press statements, telling parents not to publicly show photo's of kids starting school which can identify their location in any way. The figures you posted aren't indicative of crimes towards juveniles, the figures aren't subcategorised enough.

Online child exploitation has soared from 1000 Australian cases to 17,000 in a decade, with federal police warning parents that they are being left behind while predators evolve their methods and target new platforms.

The AFP is urging parents to lock down their privacy settings on social media accounts and limit the information they share about their children online, including posting pictures of students in their school uniforms.

Last edited: