Little Things You Hate

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well...I don't really enjoy this because it has been a bad experience with an LBS we used use and stopped when it changed hands. I won't go into much detail nor will I identify them (unless you are new to Hobart and don't want our experience). I agreed with Yvonne to get hers and my roadies serviced as we haven't been riding them much and we are off on a 6 week trip with them later in the Autumn.
We have had these bikes for 10 years and I never did too much work on them other than change tires, chains, cassettes, brake pads.
But it really shit me off to get them back after 2 days to find they worked worse than when they went in, parts I checked for wear that were fine replaced and a bike damaged.
I don't enjoy this because I like to support them when I can. This experience just was a wake up call to keep getting better on the tools and remind me why I stopped using them.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well...I don't really enjoy this because it has been a bad experience with an LBS we used use and stopped when it changed hands. I won't go into much detail nor will I identify them (unless you are new to Hobart and don't want our experience). I agreed with Yvonne to get hers and my roadies serviced as we haven't been riding them much and we are off on a 6 week trip with them later in the Autumn.
We have had these bikes for 10 years and I never did too much work on them other than change tires, chains, cassettes, brake pads.
But it really shit me off to get them back after 2 days to find they worked worse than when they went in, parts I checked for wear that were fine replaced and a bike damaged.
I don't enjoy this because I like to support them when I can. This experience just was a wake up call to keep getting better on the tools and remind me why I stopped using them.
and did you give them any feedback on the 'servicing'?
A shop shouldn't replace parts without ringing first to check, IMO.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My old rescue pup starting to get very scatty and easily startled... He's a very anxious boy from the first 7 years of his life involving a lot of abuse.

He's only 12 now, which is pretty young for a foxie but he might have Cushings which is essentially the adrenal system overloading, which would track from his formative years. Poor little dude will always be jumpy, hopefully its not cushings and we can do something about the anxiety...

I still want to meet his previous custodians in a dark alleys with a cricket bat...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So, 2 days ago my missus witness something shocking.

It has rocked her to the extent that she will not walk our 8kg Cavoodle in the National Park.

She met a dog coming bounding towards her and her dog on Sunday, it came up, licked and sniffed our dog... was friendly as.

It was a Greyhound.

She told me when she came home that it scared her but she met the owners, it was a sweet dog and the owners were beautiful people.

I asked did if it had a green collar, Yep... I told her its a GAP SA dog, good with people and animals.

Next day, Monday.

She seen the same bloke without his missus, let the dog off the lead again... Belair NP (No dogs off lead)

Which I have had a few dingers with people over the years about, some nearly at fists.

It ran in and scattered a mob of about 30 kangaroos.

My missus walked on up the hill trying to stay away from it.

Next thing, the dog appears out of the long grass at the top of the hill with a joey in its mouth.

Sets the joey down and starts panting.

My missus calls the owner, he walks up the hill, the dog looks up, the joey jumps, the dog smashes the joey for a second time and shakes it like a rag doll, my missus says she can hear the bones breaking.

The owner comes up, says 'oh bad dog' and clips the green lead on it. Then walks away. <y missus askes how the joey is, he says 'its ok'.

My missus was stunned, thinking the joey was also stunned or dead... she was in tears.

I have now reported this to GAPSA and NP's.

I had a call and email from GAPSA (Greyhounds as pets) South Australia.

National Parks manager has called 3 times and text 6-8 times, he is going to get a statement from my missus in the next few days.

I guided him towards the body of the joey but it was gone... probably my fault for posting on a community page which received 100 angry faces.

I was trying to flush the chunt out, someone fucking knows him, he's a local... get a fucking lead on that dog.

Its not the dogs fault, he's an ex-racing Greyhound, he's only doing what he was brought up to do. Its the irresponsible owner, taking an ex-racing Greyhound into a National Park with mobs of roos everywhere and letting it run free... what the fuck did he think would happen ? Is he allowing the dog to fulfil old traits ? Is he happy for it to kill ?

Its a $300 fine for a dog off lead.

GAPSA are really concerned and going to refer it to animal welfare... which means they take that Green Collar award seriously.

Parks SA are raging, looking for evidence and trying to work out who he is.

I fucked up by posting it on the local Community Page.

When the head Parks Ranger went up to gather evidence, the roo was gone... probably due to my shaming post. I was trying to 'out' the bloke and stop him releasing the dog, killing native Fauna.

May have worked.

I've went in looking for him 2 nights in a row now with no luck.

Who the fuck lets an ex-racing Greyhound off the lead in a NP with mobs of roos everywhere... irresponsible chunt !

fhdgfdjgk.jpg

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So, 2 days ago my missus witness something shocking.

It has rocked her to the extent that she will not walk our 8kg Cavoodle in the National Park.

She met a dog coming bounding towards her and her dog on Sunday, it came up, licked and sniffed our dog... was friendly as.

It was a Greyhound.

She told me when she came home that it scared her but she met the owners, it was a sweet dog and the owners were beautiful people.

I asked did if it had a green collar, Yep... I told her its a GAP SA dog, good with people and animals.

Next day, Monday.

She seen the same bloke without his missus, let the dog off the lead again... Belair NP (No dogs off lead)

Which I have had a few dingers with people over the years about, some nearly at fists.

It ran in and scattered a mob of about 30 kangaroos.

My missus walked on up the hill trying to stay away from it.

Next thing, the dog appears out of the long grass at the top of the hill with a joey in its mouth.

Sets the joey down and starts panting.

My missus calls the owner, he walks up the hill, the dog looks up, the joey jumps, the dog smashes the joey for a second time and shakes it like a rag doll, my missus says she can hear the bones breaking.

The owner comes up, says 'oh bad dog' and clips the green lead on it.

I have now reported this to GAPSA and NP's.

I had a call and email from GAPSA (Greyhounds as pets) South Australia.

National Parks manager has called 3 times and text 6-8 times, he is going to get a statement from my missus in the next few days.

I guided him towards the body of the joey but it was gone... probably my fault for posting on a community page which received 100 angry faces.

I was trying to flush the chunt out, someone fucking knows him, he's a local... get a fucking lead on that dog.

Its not the dogs fault, he's an ex-racing Greyhound, he's only doing what he was brought up to do. Its the irresponsible owner, taking an ex-racing Greyhound into a National Park with mobs of roos everywhere and letting it run free... what the fuck did he think would happen ? Is he allowing the dog to fulfil old traits ? Is he happy for it to kill ?

Its a $300 fine for a dog off lead.

GAPSA are really concerned and going to refer it to animal welfare... which means they take that Green Collar award seriously.

Parks SA are raging, looking for evidence and trying to work out who he is.

I fucked up by posting it on the local Community Page.

When the head Parks Ranger went up to gather evidence, the roo was gone... probably due to my shaming post. I was trying to 'out' the bloke and stop him releasing the dog, killing native Fauna.

May have worked.

I've went in looking for him 2 nights in a row now with no luck.

Who the fuck lets an ex-racing Greyhound off the lead in a NP with mobs of roos everywhere... irresponsible chunt !

View attachment 396870
Well said ozzy.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The only positive with the roo being removed is the fuckers that own the dog or the kids of the owner (Approx 60 yrs old) came in and removed the roo corpse due to my post... which means they are locals. The head Ranger reckons if it was a fox, they always leave a mess... this was a clean lift. It was taken by humans.

Maybe its made the the difference I wanted it to... god help the chunt if I see him with that dog off the lead anytime soon.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My understanding is that Green Collar ex-racing greyhounds are never to be let off the lead, anywhere. My parents have one and anytime it leaves the house it's on a lead. Not so much an issue now she's older, but back in the day it was a necessity given her reactions to anything small and fluffy, especially cats.

Pig's arse they were never trained with live baiting.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I have a green collar greyhound, she gets let off the lead all the time. She is placid as fuck, we have a cat at home and she has zero interest in it, we can walk past rabbits and although she gets interested she is more interested in the bag of treats in my pocket...
She's more interested in meeting new people than other dogs, and the only time we've had issues is when other "non dangerous" dogs have attacked her, both times requiring stitches at our expense. One a German Shephard the other a Labrador.
Greyhounds have the skin of your 90yr old nan, and with zero body fat they get cut very easily.
She wasn't always like this, and we've had her for 6 or 7 years now and have trained her, or more importantly familiarised her with things which she now realises are actually pretty boring.
I have however seen other dogs which are not so tame and would definitely not let them off the lead.
So whilst technically she is not supposed to be off a lead, Ive made the decisions to let her off as I see fit... If that means one day some flog at the council will give me a hefty fine so be it, I'm 100% confident she won't ever attack anything.
The whole reason she was put up for adoption is that in her last race she thought " pfff fuck that shit" and didn't even leave the box when the gates opened ...

Last edited: