Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sounds like @Haakon needs a holiday in Thailand or Turkey and a fresh set of veneers.
Yeah it’s tempting… It’s never been quite enough to make it worthwhile at the time, just the cumulative costs have stacked up over the years.

The most spendy teeth though were the two main middle top ones I did in going over the bars onto concrete when I was 16. Have a nice scar on my chin to match. Theyre porcelain and gold crowns with a carbon fibre post. I prefer carbon posts on bikes….

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Why do we still not have a vomit emoji?
Ok for 'us' with a full mouth of teeth, but for those who have bad teeth whether genetic, self afflicted, an accident or lacking something... its a big deal. The self confidence of a nice smile can ruin lives, job prospects, relationships etc...

I'm fine with the above but a full mouth of veneers just to be whiter is more than I would think about.

Even MacGowan ponied up for new gnashers after 50yrs of stumps, just before he died. At least he went a suitable colour.

gffhdgfhdg.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
One of my mates has just gone through getting a bunch of implants or whatever it is (heaps of teeth pulled out and fake ones put in, nit a denture) called in the game. He pulled money out of his super to get it done. A total fuck up of a job! Different dentist every time, shit crooked, now has a lisp and a whistle when he talks (he used to sing professionally), multiple efforts to correct, always deny there's an issue, and no accountability as the company he had booked the work through subs out all the actual work to dentists...he is very unhappy.

I smashed my top front teeth out in a pool on NYE 1989-90. They have had caps on ever since. One has been through root canal. At some point I'll get them fixed properly...I'm pretty sure at least one of them is going to be gold!

Haakon

A bloke I work with had really bad, fcked teeth, they removed them all here, let the gums heal for a few weeks then put Ti screws in his gums, then screwed the teeth in. He looks normal now, no brilliant white, just a regular colour. Cost him $35k.
Yeah right. Less than I’d have thought for sure. I’ve spent at least that over the last 30 years on incremental repairs…

Haakon

One of my mates has just gone through getting a bunch of implants or whatever it is (heaps of teeth pulled out and fake ones put in, nit a denture) called in the game. He pulled money out of his super to get it done. A total fuck up of a job! Different dentist every time, shit crooked, now has a lisp and a whistle when he talks (he used to sing professionally), multiple efforts to correct, always deny there's an issue, and no accountability as the company he had booked the work through subs out all the actual work to dentists...he is very unhappy.
That’s shit, he has my sympathies… I’ve had pretty good luck so far, no issues I didn’t create myself with shit teeth.

Kirsty got a crown though that was a major hassle with a poor fit and she couldn’t get it fixed…

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Kirsty got a crown though that was a major hassle with a poor fit and she couldn’t get it fixed…
Back in the late 80's, early 90's we chewed chewing gum with sugar in it. I don't eat sweet stuff at all (but drink a shit load of beer), I had 1 crown in the early 90's and 2 x back teeth pulled. Since then basically nothing. 1 filling IIRC.

I did have a thick 'barrier' built on the back of my 2 front teeth a year ago as I they were getting thin due to wear and grinding, that has stopped the wear according to my dentist. I also go to the hygienist every 4 months as I have early onset gum disease on my back 3 teeth, top and bottom. She scrapes the roots with no anaesthetic... fucking painful but the next day, I feel like I have new teeth.

They reckon 90% of Aussies have some gum disease but don't do anything about it.

Haakon

Back in the late 80's, early 90's we chewed chewing gum with sugar in it. I don't eat sweet stuff at all (but drink a shit load of beer), I had 1 crown in the early 90's and 2 x back teeth pulled. Since then basically nothing. 1 filling IIRC.

I did have a thick 'barrier' built on the back of my 2 front teeth a year ago as I they were getting thin due to wear and grinding, that has stopped the wear according to my dentist. I also go to the hygienist every 4 months as I have early onset gum disease on my back 3 teeth, top and bottom. She scrapes the roots with no anaesthetic... fucking painful but the next day, I feel like I have new teeth.

They reckon 90% of Aussies have some gum disease but don't do anything about it.
Most people got a basic load of fluoride as a kid in tap water, but I grew up in the bush on dam and tank water. And back in the mid 70s in rural Victoria Mum just didn’t know and wasn’t told about it. While they are hippies, Mum at least is scientifically literate and totally would have fed my brother and I the fluoride tablets had she known. But as it is, I’m a poster boy for why fluoridated water is a thing…

oldcorollas

Levin the moment

"More than a decade after the Newman LNP government handed decision-making on water fluoridation to local governments, 51 out of 77 councils do not have fluoridated water, including major regional centres such as Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Mackay and Cairns. " (but 72% of people have access)

:eek:

Haakon

"More than a decade after the Newman LNP government handed decision-making on water fluoridation to local governments, 51 out of 77 councils do not have fluoridated water, including major regional centres such as Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Mackay and Cairns. " (but 72% of people have access)

Toothless hicks is being literal…

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

I had my liking for fruit juices as a teen and needed the corners of my eye teeth fixed up because of that. Golden Circle Tropical juice is still super but that time has past. Old school dentists also used to love to buff your teeth which also stripped some of the enamel which didn't help. Now, I I have pretty good teeth overall but also see the dentist every 3 months.

The dentist mentioned that I had early stage gum disease but I couldn't see it nor feel anything. Anyhow the course of action was to use those pickster things to clean between the teeth aftter dipping the pickster in Savacol mouth rinse. I finally got myself to do it after ignoring it for a while. It seems to have helped a bit but I also got an electric toothbrush and leave the Savacol in mouth while I brush. It seems to have fixed it and is fine now. The dentist had nothing to complain about which is a first.

You have to look after your teeth while you have the chance They are way more expensive than a checkup to fix and also it is painful. Root canals are nasty, nasty....... Don't be like Shane kids. I'm doing all I can not to have British teeth.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

It's not just Queensland. It's very common in NSW too. Our little town has the fluoridation equipment but it's broken (has been for years) and 'apparently' the Shire can't find someone to pay for the repairs. In other council areas, the funding is there to install the gear but not maintain it or supply the fluoride. And that's before you deal with the apathy and the 'oh it's a bit of a controversial topic' bullshit as well.

Suffice to say...unless you live in a regional city or bigger in NSW then you are unlikely to be getting fluoride in your water...

Flow-Rider

Burner
My teeth are screwed and no one but myself is to blame. I was the can of coke a day kid and those stupid muesli bars full of sugar, then the electrolyte drinking from the mining industry full of sugar. Over the years I had fillings that leaked and the holes just got bigger and bigger each time they were replaced. The last 2 root canals I had done were well over $2000 each.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Most people got a basic load of fluoride as a kid in tap water, but I grew up in the bush on dam and tank water. And back in the mid 70s in rural Victoria Mum just didn’t know and wasn’t told about it. While they are hippies, Mum at least is scientifically literate and totally would have fed my brother and I the fluoride tablets had she known. But as it is, I’m a poster boy for why fluoridated water is a thing…

You sure are you patsy for big pharma! Just look at how deep you have swallowed the new order big government leftist lies to take away our freedom you call global warming! That's fluoride for you.