Little Things You Hate

DH Newb

Squid
no no no. you should spend your apprentice builder money on motorcross gear and a V8 ute with 20 inch chromies & a chevrolet badge so you can put a huge unit sticker across the rear window because you know, everything you've just done nobody else in australia has ever even thought of.

you should also play footy, have a southern cross tattoo (because nobody else has one of those either, ozzy pride yo!) and walk around in fluorescent singlets showing off your non-existent muscles even when it's 10 degrees out.
You've just described my all time hatred.
May be stereotypical. But all stereotypes stem from somewhere.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
When people say 'saaa'.

Every night on Facebook 'I am saaaaa tired', 'today was saaa good' etc

What does it mean? So? why not just say that?

Someone enlighten me:p

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also managed to dump a milkshake on the keyboard I've owned for 6 years, now every time I press a key google chrome fires up. dammit. anybody with any suggestions how to remove milkshake from keyboard?
Leave it out in the yard for a little while. It'll bring in some boys who will either lick it clean or steal it.:p

Joy

Likes Dirt
Not knowing where I stand on so many key issues facing the world today. No matter how much reading I do, my thoughts go back and forth everyday. Climate Change, Immigration, War overseas etc etc.

0psi

Eats Squid
Not knowing where I stand on so many key issues facing the world today. No matter how much reading I do, my thoughts go back and forth everyday. Climate Change, Immigration, War overseas etc etc.
The real question here is why do you care? Unless you're going to go all Erin Brockovich, there's no use getting all worked up over something that you have little to no control over, just let it go.

Joy

Likes Dirt
The real question here is why do you care? Unless you're going to go all Erin Brockovich, there's no use getting all worked up over something that you have little to no control over, just let it go.
Because I do care about what's going on. I'm not just going to stick my head in the sand and think the only thing I should be worried about is whether Nandos is worth paying for. From all the information I take in, I feel I can't make a truly informed decision about this stuff, which makes me feel like an idiot. I don't want to be able to one-up people in conversation, I just want to know where I stand!

banana.logic

Likes Bikes
People who 'wash up' after themselves and claim that they therefore don't need to help with the washing up, but really do nothing but rinse a dish so it still has food on it and leave a big mess in the sink.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Rude people. Seriously, is it that difficult respond when someone asks you "Hi, how are doing today?"
basic politeness does require at least a "good, thanks"

adding my current peeve: people who make assumptions about your behaviour based on their own personal worldview, then crack the shits and have a go at you about it.

example: my friend's flatmate had a go at me yesterday, actually she got her partner to have a go first, because i'd been just being quiet and hadn't responded to generalized remarks made by her that weren't even directed at me. so i was totally rude to her, apparently.

i very firmly but gently told her that i was being quiet and not to take it personally but she wasn't satisfied with that. too bad, i reckon.

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Because I do care about what's going on. I'm not just going to stick my head in the sand and think the only thing I should be worried about is whether Nandos is worth paying for. From all the information I take in, I feel I can't make a truly informed decision about this stuff, which makes me feel like an idiot. I don't want to be able to one-up people in conversation, I just want to know where I stand!
start an argument amongst people who do ;)

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
Rude people. Seriously, is it that difficult respond when someone asks you "Hi, how are doing today?"
basic politeness does require at least a "good, thanks"
people who ask how you are. it's the single stupidest most annoying waste of time in existence.

the answer every freaking time is "good thanks". EVERY TIME. it's not even a freaking question. you know what the answer is going to be before you even ask it!

i can't imagine how many hours of my life i've wasted having stupid pointless smalltalk like this just so i appear polite.

someone knocks on the door & i answer.

"oh hey how are you?"

"i'm good thanks." THE EXACT SAME AS THE OTHER NINE FUCKING HUNDRED TIMES YOU HAVE ASKED ME. STOP ASKING ME HOW I AM THE ANSWER NEVER FUCKING CHANGES AND I DON'T WANT TO TELL YOU EVEN IF IT HAS. YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF HOW I AM CHANGES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE CONVERSATION WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVE SO JUST GET TO THE POINT AND STOP WASTING MY TIME.

sigh. you'd think this irritated me or something.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
people who ask how you are. it's the single stupidest most annoying waste of time in existence.
it's something i find annoying too, but it's a social lubricant that helps people rub along together.

tho when i'm feeling particularly peeved with it all, i'll answer with "would you like the truth or the polite fiction?" and watch people struggle to figure out a response. :D

Likes Dirt
people who ask how you are. Blah blah
I work at a checkout, and I completely agree. It's gotten to the point that when my friends or family or whatever ask, people who do care how I am, I just go into automatic work mode... Not bad thanks, and you?
Urgh I dislike smalltalk as well

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Tight asses.

I can respect that people can be a little more conservative with their money, but my dad drives me f**king insane. Sure he pays about $15000 a year for my school. And at times spoils me and my sister. But its more so his attitude about money. He owns his house/car/shack everything. But when ever he goes to buy anything for him self, he wont do it. For example, he is "saving" for some new ski's. When i know he has $80000 tucked away in the bank with nothing to do with it.. So he puts on this big "i cant afford it at the moment speech". Makes me so angry, he needs to realise he is very lucky to have what he has got..

sorry guys..

0psi

Eats Squid
I'll remember that if you ever walk into my shop, I won't bother asking you how you're doing, which will save me the annoyance when you don't answer. I will however extend you the same courtesy and ignore you should you need any help.

Plow King

Little bit.
In responce to my earlier post...

This guy didn't even make an attempt. Lift up the fucking seat atleast and if you do miss clean your shit up!!!'!! Grrr. Atleast flush the chain FFS. Lazy, disgusting selfish asshat.