Little Things You Hate

wombat

Lives in a hole
People posting pics of their kids on facebook.

Not just because seeing an endless stream of baby photos gives me the shits, but because parents / grandparents / weird uncle Al don't seem to understand how having pictures online works.
There is NO security over the images, once you put them online that's it, they're in the public domain and you can't take them back. Even if you pay attention to your privacy settings and restrict viewability to people you know, you can't control what those people do with the images, and before you know it some fat bogan on a football show is alerting millions of people to the fact that your baby is really pretty ugly.

I doubt many parents would take photos from their baby albums, make extra prints and pin them up all over town, so why post them on a website that is, at best, partially private?
Either keep photos off the web, or suck it up when those pictures pop up somewhere you didn't expect.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
when things i want keep popping up on rotorburn for sale

i'd be losing money by not buying it... right?
That's my justification. If the missus can buy her 1500 handbag because it's 2.3% off, why can't I buy shit I don't really need but want at a discount?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
People posting pics of their kids on facebook.
I remove these people from my feed. Or if they post too many comments about their little darlings. YES, I GET IT, YOU'VE MANAGED TO PROCREATE (LIKE THAT'S NEW!), YOU'RE FUCKING SPECIAL, YOUR KIDS ARE FUCKING SPECIAL, NOW FUCK OFF!

Fuck!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
That's my justification. If the missus can buy her 1500 handbag because it's 2.3% off, why can't I buy shit I don't really need but want at a discount?

my "i'll just buy another wheelset for my dually to commute on" has turned into "i've got a spare wheelset, i may as well build a cheap hardtail to commute on" to "i could always buy better stuff for the dualy, and hand those parts to the hardtail"

and that's why i'm just about to spend a designer's purse worth on brakes despite buying new ones last week.

moorey

call me Mia
I remove these people from my feed. Or if they post too many comments about their little darlings. YES, I GET IT, YOU'VE MANAGED TO PROCREATE (LIKE THAT'S NEW!), YOU'RE FUCKING SPECIAL, YOUR KIDS ARE FUCKING SPECIAL, NOW FUCK OFF!

Fuck!
Fucking princesses. Fb is basically for social retards. If you don't like the shit pile that it is, tune out. :frusty:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn

Fuck!
This is why I hate people. The worst ones are the hundreds of ingratiating photos and statuses referring to the kid having a personality, or opinions, when its not even born yet. How many cliché phrases can you write on a miniature blackboard you hold in front of your pregnant self while posing with your smarmy partner. FFS.

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes
What, No HOON stories this week?...
You had to wait till tonight. ACA covered this video and spoke about this little kid doing a skid in her dad's HQ ute - under supervision, anchored to something with heavy straps - as if she were a criminal. What a joke.

ACA won't stop at car enthusiasts (us responsible petrolheads getting lumped in with the law-breaking wankers), they wanna have a go at a small child doing a supervised burnout at home with her dad. :frusty:

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fucking princesses. Fb is basically for social retards. If you don't like the shit pile that it is, tune out. :frusty:
You're missing the point*: it's not just about people clogging up facebook with pics of their kids, it's that people are (hopefully) unwittingly posting what should probably be private pictures on what is essentially a public medium, and the kids are too young to even get a say in it!
It's all well and good to trot out some embarrassing pics of junior at his 21st with his friends around, but imagine giving those same pics to all the fuckwit kids at school when he's only 12. Once this shit goes up, it can't be taken down, so there's gonna be plenty of kids in 5-10 years time who hate their parents for not having any fucking clue what they were doing on facebook.

What is really the LTIH though is people that share these photos, then get all uppity when the photo pops up in the public domain. It's like flashing your wang in the street and getting offended when someone looks.

*Should I have tried to make a dick joke there, is that what you're meant to do with moorey?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You're missing the point*: it's not just about people clogging up facebook with pics of their kids, it's that people are (hopefully) unwittingly posting what should probably be private pictures on what is essentially a public medium, and the kids are too young to even get a say in it!
It's all well and good to trot out some embarrassing pics of junior at his 21st with his friends around, but imagine giving those same pics to all the fuckwit kids at school when he's only 12. Once this shit goes up, it can't be taken down, so there's gonna be plenty of kids in 5-10 years time who hate their parents for not having any fucking clue what they were doing on facebook.

What is really the LTIH though is people that share these photos, then get all uppity when the photo pops up in the public domain. It's like flashing your wang in the street and getting offended when someone looks.

*Should I have tried to make a dick joke there, is that what you're meant to do with moorey?
Fuck! There goes the 'Post your sickeningly sweet snot factory pics, so we can see how fantabulous they obviously are' thread I was planning to start. Thanks wombat.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Waiting for YEARS for a Tool sideshow to come to Melbourne (not a festival appearance), having the expectation that it is going to be the best gig i've ever seen, only to have Maynard do a shit job (forget lyrics, start songs early, not finish others) and have shit sound. Lasers were pretty though...
I'll be sticking to recordings from now thanks Tool...
Saw them in Sydney and concur. Effects were awesome, but band was out of practice, made mistakes, sounded flat and Manyard sang worse than usual.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Postage from the US. They think they are the only place on the planet, it's not like they are trying to deliver stuff to mars. Why advertise on eBay if your item is $15 (and competetive with other items) and the postage is $45?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Its being called a shifty arsehole, they're banking on you not looking at the postage cost, then when you get to the pay screen, WTF my super bargain's now dearer than local retail and it'll take a month to get here. Seppos are bigger scamers than the Chinese.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I hate aluminium spoke nipples at the best of times, but I particularly hate threadlocked ones on badly tensioned wheels!

Gluing the fucking things on is NOT a solution to a shitty wheelbuild! :rant: