Little Things You Hate

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hate it when I have dreams about having a hot girlfriend, then waking up ugly and alone
Visit a book shop, a library or a kitchenware shop. Those places are full of seemingly normal single girls who aren't try hard lolly water drinking hobo's with bad tattoos. ;)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Visit a book shop, a library or a kitchenware shop. Those places are full of seemingly normal single girls who aren't try hard lolly water drinking hobo's with bad tattoos. ;)
Stick with the Kitchenware shop. The ones in the bookshop are buying tomes on how to meet the perfect guy and then have the perfect relationship. You'll never measure up, and the ones in the library are to tight to buy the self help books, so they're borrowing them instead. The ones in the kitchenware store obviously cook or know someone who does, they're keepers.

Although, the braille section at said bookshop/library may be your best bet. :eek:hwell:

callum1

Likes Dirt
i'v started working in a drive through bottle shop (i'm an electrician by trade, but this suites my situation atm) it's a nice change and pretty fun actually on a friday night.
But at 9:55pm when iv got my till balanced off and shoes tied, ready to bolt to the pub. then people roll in who have had 12hrs to buy booze but chose to come in 3min before i shut.
effectively pissing me off, holding me up, and fucking up my till count.

0psi

Eats Squid
People in retail who don't seem to realise that, until they're closed, they're open.
To be fair though at 3 minutes to go if I had no customers I'd consider myself closed as well. Who can realistically walk into a shop figure out what they want and complete a transaction in 3 minutes?

LTIH- People who rush in moments before closing. Closing time isn't the time up until you are allowed to walk through the door it's the time when you get the hell out.

callum1

Likes Dirt
People in retail who don't seem to realise that, until they're closed, they're open.
i agree completely, it's simply a little thing that i hate.

edit: actually no, i don't. where do you draw the cut off when you have a string of customers that lasts for 45mins?

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
i agree completely, it's simply a little thing that i hate.

edit: actually no, i don't. where do you draw the cut off when you have a string of customers that lasts for 45mins?
I think you'll find that bottle shops goe beyond 'retail' and into 'essential service'

Would you be happy if a paramedic refused to treat you just because they were two minutes from the end of their shift? I think not!

Whilst you may argue that a paramedic gets paid more (unless they're in Victoria) but the humble ale vendor is a vital position that carries with it a deep traditional respect that cannot be measured in money alone.

You have a sacred duty my friend, please honour it.

callum1

Likes Dirt
I think you'll find that bottle shops goe beyond 'retail' and into 'essential service'

Would you be happy if a paramedic refused to treat you just because they were two minutes from the end of their shift? I think not!

Whilst you may argue that a paramedic gets paid more (unless they're in Victoria) but the humble ale vendor is a vital position that carries with it a deep traditional respect that cannot be measured in money alone.

You have a sacred duty my friend, please honour it.
you've got me there. in a town full of drunks and backpackers, we are a fairly popular commodity.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Part of my job is I have to lock up a gym which closes at 9pm. Technically the doors are meant to be locked at 9, yet somehow it means last rep at 9 followed by a 10 minute shower, wank, flex and change clothes :mad2: