Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Harbouring a few unresolved issues from your school days are you?
Only my pen lisence, ties, and compulsory stupid hair cuts, ....I type now rather than write, never wear a tie, and started loosing my hair (you know by choice to show my ultimate control....)

or become a teacher.
Above average pay, above average holidays, below average work hours...that is good advice and worth looking into. Can the teaching not involve kids and open lisences? If so I'm on it.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Only my pen lisence, ties, and compulsory stupid hair cuts, ....I type now rather than write, never wear a tie, and started loosing my hair (you know by choice to show my ultimate control....)

Above average pay, above average holidays, below average work hours...that is good advice and worth looking into. Can the teaching not involve kids and open lisences? If so I'm on it.
compulsory hair cuts?
I take it was a private or religious school

indica

Serial flasher
"The bitch is going to wear it".....guess you're right, nothing threatening about that....
Ahh no. Internet rant it is.
I work in a place where comments such as "I'll stab you in the fucking face you cunt" are taken as threatening. Not a wee rant.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
compulsory hair cuts?
I take it was a private or religious school
2 private schools. 1 public. For high school...parents decided there wasn't much value for money from the private schools and my approach to education. I was silly.

One of the private schools was new at the time and they would do regular hair cut checks and had a short list of hair cuts considered appropriate. As one of those people who see such things as a challenge it became a game to see how long you could go without being forced to get a hair cut.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Is this going to be the old "I take work home sometimes and have to do marking..."
Nope my wife hardly ever brings home marking but she does spend a large part of those above average holidays planning and preparing for the following term. They don't just walk in and start teaching..... well at least she doesn't but that's why she gets the big bucks.... Oh wait she doesn't get that either.

Sent by courier pigeon

izzy_best

Likes Bikes
Well, to add to all of the teacher talk.... The little thing I hate is when I can't write my reports because I get too distracted looking in the for sale section on Rotorburn for a new bike. Definitely too many hours of work and not enough pay to fund my new hobby! But I am looking forward to holidays when I can ride almost everyday.

"Get off Rotorburn and write your damn reports Izzy!!!"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Little things I love...hoe defensive teachers are. Almost as easy to bait as police officers.

Oh wait wrong thread.

And the worst thing (I imagine) is that your holidays are the same as the kids....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
And the worst thing (I imagine) is that your holidays are the same as the kids....
You're damn Skippy! It's bad enough only being able to go away when everything is peak prices, having to spend your recreation time with your own brats, without having to put up with every other over indulged, spoilt shithead kid in the country.

And I'm only married to an arsehole teacher.

LTIH, It's illegal to punch teenagers in the solar plexus.

mtb1611

Seymour
Little things I love...hoe defensive teachers are. Almost as easy to bait as police officers.

Rather than being easy to bait, it's more a case of an inherent disorder that compels us to respond to misinformed adults prone to generalisations....such as those who who somehow equate the opportunity of being able to spend a large amount of time with one's spouse and offspring as being a bad thing.

LTIH: school holiday airfares and hotel rates. Fortunately I only have to encounter them 11.5 weeks a year.....

LTIL: the juxtapositions posed by those damned 11.5 weeks...

Last edited: