Little Things You Hate

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have a growing annoyance with the following terms:
-Game changer: It's used so often in the cycling scene but seriously people, nothing that has been done has changed the game since the wheel was invented. Stop using it.
-Blog / blogging / blogger: It sounds like a turd or you're taking a turd or you're an expert turd taker. It also sounds like you're a wanna be journo who figured out how to use a free website page to write down your crap that no one is actually interested in.
-Bae: People have figured that calling your partner bae is cool. It isn't. Stop doing it you fucking tools.
-Trending: I'm pretty sure this is what sheep with black wool do.

takai

Eats Squid
LTIH... nah big things i hate: our consumeristic buy something cheap and then throw it out culture, and the knock on effect on all products.

Bloody 7 year old fridge that has already had to have the compressor replaced (and they did a crap job too) just had the door bin snap off the freezer, revealing its construction is actually WORSE than the $100 piece of cheap Chinese junk i have as a keg fridge.

Whatever happened to actually having decent quality materials, and decent quality items that last like they should. :frusty:

bardynt

Back in his day.....
LTIH... nah big things i hate: our consumeristic buy something cheap and then throw it out culture, and the knock on effect on all products.

Bloody 7 year old fridge that has already had to have the compressor replaced (and they did a crap job too) just had the door bin snap off the freezer, revealing its construction is actually WORSE than the $100 piece of cheap Chinese junk i have as a keg fridge.

Whatever happened to actually having decent quality materials, and decent quality items that last like they should. :frusty:
I have to agree with that , we are talked into getting more effeicent lights, fridges,tv,washing machines, but are we really better off if we throw them away when there five years old. It might be more effeicent devices but if we have replace them three times as often are we actually saving any money in the long run

ChopSticks

Banned
fun fact:

build in obsolescence all started with the light bulb

does anyone know of the worlds longest running light bulb in some US fire house? well thats been on/running for decades
it started when light bulb manufactures found their bulbs wouldn't break..... and there was no new customers.
So the companies came together on the agreement they would make bulbs that would burn out after X~ hours, to keep customers... thats where all this began !

camoshop

Banned
I hate that it took me longer than it should off to do such a simple task last night after work, oh man I've for a pearla for the fuxk wit thread haha

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have to agree with that , we are talked into getting more effeicent lights, fridges,tv,washing machines, but are we really better off if we throw them away when there five years old. It might be more effeicent devices but if we have replace them three times as often are we actually saving any money in the long run
Also add in the typical additional cost they throw on efficient items. We are told this will save you X dollars on average but they never really take off the increase price we pay up front. Personally if the up front cost equals the saving over the life of the product I do see the draw of early paying for convenience over the product life.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have a growing annoyance with the following terms:
-Game changer: It's used so often in the cycling scene but seriously people, nothing that has been done has changed the game since the wheel was invented. Stop using it.
-Blog / blogging / blogger: It sounds like a turd or you're taking a turd or you're an expert turd taker. It also sounds like you're a wanna be journo who figured out how to use a free website page to write down your crap that no one is actually interested in.
-Bae: People have figured that calling your partner bae is cool. It isn't. Stop doing it you fucking tools.
-Trending: I'm pretty sure this is what sheep with black wool do.
I assume the terms "logger", "logging", and "log" may be joining this list? Shame about your track!it was a good one.

Beej1

Snapshot of the last 2 minutes of my life:
People call their loved ones British Aerospace? That's fucking odd. Even odder is that this guy gets annoyed with it to the point of it appearing on his LTIH list. I mean... its odd-as-fuck, but still? Unless he mispelled babe twice, in which case ... I think ... yeah ... I call my wife babe sometimes I'm pretty sure. Cos she's a babe and I'm nearly 40 and that's how I roll. Dozer can get the fuck over that. Nah .. surely its something else entirely. An acronym or something. What the ... bae is a shortened version of babe? What the fuck is a Pharrell? Oh its a recording artist musing about his babe. Sorry ... his bae. God I hate that style of music. Like ... really hate. Its not even music. Plus now I know the existence of another 'young person meaningless phrase slash word'. Goddammit.

moorey

call me Mia
'Reborn' dolls...
..and the people who slap a bit of paint on them, calling themselves 'reborn artists'..
...and the clucky women who go gaga over them...
...and want one that has a heart beat and cries...

oh, yes, and 'bae'. I had a very mature aged client and his wife in last week, calling each other Bae repeatedly. I swallowed vomit 29 times.

stirk

Burner
I hate getting bombed by noisy minors. He was seriously trying to get me little fucker but missed, well missed me anyway.

stirk

Burner
'Reborn' dolls...
..and the people who slap a bit of paint on them, calling themselves 'reborn artists'..

oh, yes, and 'bae'. I had a very mature aged client and his wife in last week, calling each other Bae repeatedly. I swallowed vomit 29 times.
Moorey, for some reason you have a fascination or perhaps an obsession with the number 29 :noidea:

Next you'll be counting out 29 lentils per spoonful when you eat..

Re: Bae, according to urban dictionary bae means poop in Danish.

I hate people who say babe all the time let alone bae!!

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey, for some reason you have a fascination or perhaps an obsession with the number 29 :noidea:

Next you'll be counting out 29 lentils per spoonful when you eat..

Re: Bae, according to urban dictionary bae means poop in Danish.

I hate people who say babe all the time let alone bae!!
Ok, I exaggerated...swallowed vomit 26 times :behindsofa:

stirk

Burner
LTIH: I ride about 2km on the road from the trail head to get home.
The gutters in my area are 45 degree curved gutters and are fun to ride up and down or hold position half way up the gutter. I like to muck about a bit swerving up and down the gutter and use most of the road shoulder doing so.

A roadie in the most awful spandex I've seen races past me and so bloody close and fast (cause I'm just cruising after my ride) and nearly took me out!

On the trail, over taking or being over taken is normally accompanied by a bit of yelling to make sure we all know about each others location, I even need to yell at people in front of me some times as they seem not to notice me as they are only looking at the ground in front of them.

Surely roadies yell at each other too?.. I only have Tour De France on TV experience on roadie's so no idea....

LTIL: I once freaked a roadie out yelling at him that I was going to pass on his right, he was frantically trying to work out what the hell was going on that someone behind him was yelling at him. He probably thought I was insulting him or something!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
'Reborn' dolls...

WTF is 'bae' and how the fuck is it pronounced? I assume from your post that it means baby? And the lazy twats can only be bothered with the first syllable?

I would gave just thrown up in their unemployable laps.

stirk

Burner
WTF is 'bae' and how the fuck is it pronounced? I assume from your post that it means baby? And the lazy twats can only be bothered with the first syllable?

I would gave just thrown up in their unemployable laps.
What is Moorey doing with a mature client and his wife I wonder that makes him vomit....

Staunch

Eats Squid
Fucking dropkick neighbours stealing our internet and using up all our data for the month, revising for exams sucks at 256kbps.

It was already password protected so I was sort of impressed when I figured out how they did it, but at the same time now I've upped the security they can go eat a dick.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fucking dropkick neighbours stealing our internet and using up all our data for the month, revising for exams sucks at 256kbps.

It was already password protected so I was sort of impressed when I figured out how they did it, but at the same time now I've upped the security they can go eat a dick.
Care to share their scam tactic?