Little Things You Hate

Matt H

Eats Squid
Nuffies at the uni library using the laptop areas to do bookwork. There's a million fucking free booths without powerpoints and I'm a sucker with a laptop and a flat battery.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Putting my new mp3 player through the wash.

Luckily its only a $40 cheapie so no real harm done and if I dry it out it might come good but its a pain.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Riding on a flat, dispiriting ride with a howling gale sprinkled with rain blasting into your face like Ron Jeremy. Stop for a coffee / emergency amputation of some of the colder fingers, only to find the wind has changed direction once you're on the road again. Fuck.

Dagget

Squid
Going on Hols to get away from Canberra, and then on the way home , having shitty impatient a Canberra driver tailgate me for 40 km .
Im in a 4wd with a loaded trailer and 2 mtb's on the roof, and its pissing rain.

God it's a 2 lane freeway go round me , asshat .

:mad:

Arete

Likes Dirt
Going on Hols to get away from Canberra, and then on the way home , having shitty impatient a Canberra driver tailgate me for 40 km .
Im in a 4wd with a loaded trailer and 2 mtb's on the roof, and its pissing rain.

God it's a 2 lane freeway go round me , asshat .

:mad:
this should go in little things you love when you go - lift off, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and watch the guy behind go off his nut...

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Figure out how much time it actually cost you. I'd wager you missed your train because YOU were disorganised
Errr, 9 Minutes (assuming whole journey) and I was already -8 mins on the train, but there was no parking spots left, so I would of had to walk ~10mins from the shopping centre

In reality it was for about 6Km's, so 4.5 minutes, still enough to make a massive difference..

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I see this and raise you MECH 2350 - Dynamics 2. I dont care what the angular acceleration of a disc attached to a slender bar is.
Is Lyazid still teaching it? Wait until you do Automatic Controll or Computational Mechanics, they are worst than 2350. Plus, is a certain Korean Lecturer still active?

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Is Lyazid still teaching it? Wait until you do Automatic Controll or Computational Mechanics, they are worst than 2350. Plus, is a certain Korean Lecturer still active?
Yeah its still Lyazid. Not sure what korean lecturer you mean? Ho-sung? If so yes i have him for a few courses.

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
Cars!

So I have 2 sunroofs, front - tilt, rear - retract. The cover on the rear has been off its rails since I got it, though the lid & everything else is fully operational.

Left a few mates in the car while I ducked inside to grab something & one of them yanked at the cover and somehow jammed it up in the mechanism so the roof no longer works. Great.

Oh well, I was going to pull it apart to fix it & tidy up my pilled roof lining anyway. So to get to it I have to pull out pretty much all trims - boot, pillars etc etc, not a hard job but time consuming. As I'm taking the sunroof frame out I notice broken plastic pieces everywhere - turns out the plastic rails for the front sunroof cover are broken, even though it still worked fine.

I'm there thinking "Yeah I'll just go get new rails shouldn't be too expensive". It was then I noticed the rails were pop riveted to the plastic trim surround for the front sunroof. So I can't buy the rails seperately, I need to buy the plastic trim surround as well.

$770 for the part I need from Subaru.

Needless to say I'm trying to track it down from a wreckers.

On the plus side, the rear was easier to fix than I thought, only needed 2 new bolts, and there is no sign of rust anywhere up in the roof/body/sunroof.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
The lack of motivation to study for uni.

Im doing electrical engineering at UTS, and if anyone else is doing eng @ UTS, you would have heard of the infamous Circuit Analysis. One of the hardest subjects in the uni. They recon you have a 5% chance of passing 1st attempt.

1st 2 weeks, did quite a few hours study for all subjects(only doing 3 this sem), and this week, absolutly all motivation has disappeared into thin fucking air.