Little Things You Hate

Anyone only 5 foot tall and weighing over 150 kg should need a licence to wear tights, especially tights that have been stretched so far they become see through and don't hide the ripples and dripping skin folds.

I can't unsee the blob that just walked past me!

The only thing that will work is to wank out the memory.

LTIH: telecommunications providers. All of them.

Have refused to use Telstra since my early 20's because of their arrogance and incompetence, have suffered through Optus, Orange( remember them?) and Virgin. Have until recently been happy with iiNet, but fuck they are trying my patience. Got NBN which is intermittently delivering .4mbps (!!!!), and the tech support guys say all the right things, then NEVER follow through on what they promise. Fuckers!!!!!

Ombudsman here I come......again.

Just this last week I finally cracked the shits with iiNet and have signed up with .... Telstra. *gasp*

I have been a Westnet customer for almost 12 years now.. They got bought out by iiNet 4 or 5 years ago, maybe a little longer.. Haven't had too much trouble with them, until the house I moved to 6 months ago. Since moving, they seem to be able to give me either decent speed or a stable connection - Never both. I'll go through a period of frequent dropouts, call them, they get me to go through the same set of "troubleshooting" steps I have been through countless times with them already, then say they can see something wrong at their end, lodge a fault - I get an SMS a couple of days later saying they've fixed the fault.... Connection becomes stable, and boom - speed is down to 1-2mbps. Ring them up, go through the same lot of troubleshooting again, again they say they see something wrong, again get an sms a couple of days later saying they've fixed the fault, I'll get decent speed again (12-14mbps) but BOOM - back to frequent dropouts.

Twice I've asked them to send out a tech to investigate, twice been told they would, twice seen nobody and instead got the "fault fixed" SMS

Twice I've asked them to send out a loan modem to try, so that we can eliminate my modem as the cause, twice been told they would send it, twice seen no modem and instead got the "fault fixed" SMS

I pay $90/mo for my westnet/iinet account, and another $99/mo for foxtel... With Telstra I can get broadband and foxtel bundled for $130/mo. Bye bye westnet/iinet!!

have signed up with .... Telstra. *gasp*

I feel sorry for the direction your future is about to take. My belief is Telstra are one of those companies that shouldn't be allowed to operate, they are beyond anything I'd consider using.

I feel sorry for the direction your future is about to take. My belief is Telstra are one of those companies that shouldn't be allowed to operate, they are beyond anything I'd consider using.

To be honest, I agree. I've always had Telstra mobiles (working in remote WA, they are/were the only provider with any service) and have never been particularly impressed and I've always advised friends/family to stay away from Bigpond.

The kids like their foxtel though, and its $70/mo cheaper for what is, on paper at least, a comparable set of services, so I'll give them a go..

Only stuck with Telstra mobile because a friend worked there and I've got about $110 worth of goodies at $70 a month, free cancellation of old contract too.

Bigpond internet is fucking useless, tpg is better in every way and it's still terrible

The kids like their foxtel though, and its $70/mo cheaper for what is, on paper at least, a comparable set of services, so I'll give them a go..

Yep, that's understandable and hey, $70 off basically pays for your Foxtel. ;)

I've got Iinet NBN and adore their service, it's the best I've ever had from a telco. I've been on Optus mobiles for twenty years and am considering switching to Iinet when I'm due this year as it's $20 less with more data and more calls included plus it's the benefit of choosing the Telstra or Optus coverage network. It's all pissing in one or the other's pocket but money talks eh!

That I've been sick the past couple of days but still came to work, not as sick today but have a huge migraine :censored:

Yep, that's understandable and hey, $70 off basically pays for your Foxtel. ;)

I've got Iinet NBN and adore their service, it's the best I've ever had from a telco. I've been on Optus mobiles for twenty years and am considering switching to Iinet when I'm due this year as it's $20 less with more data and more calls included plus it's the benefit of choosing the Telstra or Optus coverage network. It's all pissing in one or the other's pocket but money talks eh!

iiNet's service is nothing compared to what Westnet's service was before they got bought out... I remember before they merged I attempted to sign up for iiNet's "naked" broadband service at a house I was moving into, ended up having to go to telecommunications ombudsman because iiNet wanted to sting me for breach of contract when they weren't able to provide the naked service and instead insisted on signing me up for a "standard" adsl service + line rental etc. TIO involvement got that nixed pretty quick, and when I then informed Westnet that I would in fact be keeping my westnet account and wanted to set it up at the new address they went ahead and discounted my plan, gave me some extra download allowance and sent me out a new modem all for nothing because I'd been a customer for a while..

That I've been sick the past couple of days but still came to work, not as sick today but have a huge migraine :censored:

You'd be glad to get well tomorrow arvo at knock off time, get bent all weekend and feel like shit on Tuesday though yeah? :heh:

That is one of the good things about driving to work. I don't have to drown in other people's germs on trains or buses... I'm presuming it's the Flu of course and not the world's biggest hangover?

That is one of the good things about driving to work. I don't have to drown in other people's germs on trains or buses... I'm presuming it's the Flu of course and not the world's biggest hangover?
And then you get to work and everyone at work is sick.

Actually the people who have been sick the most at my workplace are the ones who drive in. Their immune systems must be lower from not being exposed to germs on public transport. Lick some poo dew on a train seat, you'll be right

And then you get to work and everyone at work is sick.

Actually the people who have been sick the most at my workplace are the ones who drive in. Their immune systems must be lower from not being exposed to germs on public transport. Lick some poo dew on a train seat, you'll be right

.... driving in their sterile cars and living in little cotton wool environments like offices with aircon. Do they have a tube of the sterile wipes on their desks? :heh: That's why I ride in the rain and mud. It's good for my immunity system. And my sanity. Which based on the weather forecast for Easter in SE QLD there should be plenty of.... That's rain, not sanity I mean.

Not hung over i smashed out 70km in under 3 hours on Sunday just got a stomach bug that's oast now a huge migraine

.... driving in their sterile cars and living in little cotton wool environments like offices with aircon. Do they have a tube of the sterile wipes on their desks? :heh: That's why I ride in the rain and mud. It's good for my immunity system. And my sanity. Which based on the weather forecast for Easter in SE QLD there should be plenty of.... That's rain, not sanity I mean.
Yeah we got the sterile wipes but me, the train traveller, uses them the most!

My kids give me the bugs from their schools, little walking germ factories kids are.

Not hung over i smashed out 70km in under 3 hours on Sunday just got a stomach bug that's oast now a huge migraine

How are you relating the 70km in under 3hrs to a stomach bug? Did you drink dam water along the way? I'm with Minlak. Eat a steak, it's good for your digestive system..

Yeah we got the sterile wipes but me, the train traveller, uses them the most!

My kids give me the bugs from their schools, little walking germ factories kids are.

Yeah, I didn't throw in my 5 year old into the mix...

Back