Little Things You Hate

safreek

LTIH - fucking local terrorists.

Seriously, there are shit loads of places that practice your brand of lunacy - piss off over there, I'm sure they will accept you.

Hopefully, their bright idea won't be something new to airport security ( I am going to become a hermit if I have to start taking shoes off to go through security)
kill em all, let allah sort them out.
I recon even he would tell them to fuck off to hell:welcome:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
OK, enough Kangaroos... time to tackle something that makes the porcine one explode... and not in a good way...

Lets slide into this....

Porsche cayenne drivers... Now, not every deuce bag owns a Porche Cayenne.... but the meat sack is getting a fwark load of data to indicate that every Porsche Cayenne driver is an uber deuce bag..... The meat sack watched an ambulance under lights and siren (In tokyo) get cut off (severely) by a cayenne who pulled the fwark out right in front (note*every other car driver had got the fwark out of the way) .... The pig hopes they ambulances have dash cams and the offending driver gets to pick up pieces of soap infront of a bunch of tattooed Yakuza

People who don`t know HOW THE FWARK TO USE ELEVATORS..... ahhhhhhh, you know... the kind that stand directly in front of (bonus points for baby carriage, or a shit ton of luggage) usually staring at their phones...... and as soon as the door opens they just meander into the fwarking elevator..... and then appear to be super surprised that the elevator may of contained someone wanting the FWARK out....

Humans.... a lot less would make this place better... more pigs.. more pigs...

S

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If I needed the seat, I would have done just that.

But I really CBF fighting someone else's battle first thing in the morning.

The dickhead didn't seem to mind me putting my phone in his face to take the shot though. I think he genuinely didn't give a fuck, which is somewhat admirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

The dickhead didn't seem to mind me putting my phone in his face to take the shot though. I think he genuinely didn't give a fuck, which is somewhat admirable.

I think that's poodle. Can you put googley eyes on so I can confirm my suspicions?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This fuckwit:
Train is full, zero fucks given.
I'm not a seasoned train traveler so bear with me: Is there a spot on trains to stow any luggage? I'd thought about traveling from an airport to accommodation with a 23kg bag each and thought it'd be a total headfuck putting it on a train. I even considered tackling one journey with a bike bag......................:tsk:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No, but the rules are thus:

1. If you have big bags, stand with them in the vestibule area, don't even think about bringing them into the seating area you fuckwit
2. if you have small bags, sit down but either leave the small bags in the corridor or on your lap - don't take up seating with the bags you fuckwit

Hereth endeth the lesson.

stirk

Burner

1. If you have big bags, stand with them in the vestibule area, don't even think about bringing them into the seating area you fuckwit
2. if you have small bags, sit down but either leave the small bags in the corridor or on your lap - don't take up seating with the bags you fuckwit

You should see my intercity train on a Friday afternoon when it's full of people heading to the mountains for the weekend. Sometimes there are more bags than people so people have no option but to put their bags up on seats. Vestibule areas are tiny.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

You should see my intercity train on a Friday afternoon when it's full of people heading to the mountains for the weekend. Sometimes there are more bags than people so people have no option but to put their bags up on seats. Vestibule areas are tiny.
So in summary, don't be a fuckwit and carry a bag on the train. Easy. ;)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
There is this kid who loves to sit on the aisle seat and put his bag on the window seat. It gets to the point that the bus is full and he refuses to sit next to anyone. A few people have made a fuss about this one dude so nowadays there are a few of us blokes who go straight for that seat next to him regardless if the bus is full or completely empty. The look on his face is priceless when he sees me on the bus knowing he has to sit next to someone. He's tried everything. One time he tried to say the bag was heavy (it clearly wasn't) and the guy made him move it anyway. Most times he just moves to another seat if it's empty and we let that one go. Anyways fun and games.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
LTIH: two back up hard drives going down at same time. Both encrypted so recovery is looking pretty unlikely.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
LTIH: two back up hard drives going down at same time. Both encrypted so recovery is looking pretty unlikely.
Not always. Two different enclosures? Media errors or controller board errors?

A low level hard drive media scan/repair utility couldn't give two hoots about encrypted data.

If they are under 2tb in size, mhdd is a great utility of scan/dish/repair. Runs from a freedoms boot environment

Over 2tb the only good options are windows based like HDDScan.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not always. Two different enclosures? Media errors or controller board errors?

A low level hard drive media scan/repair utility couldn't give two hoots about encrypted data.

If they are under 2tb in size, mhdd is a great utility of scan/dish/repair. Runs from a freedoms boot environment

Over 2tb the only good options are windows based like HDDScan.
I'm not sure when it goes beyond normal recovery tools - out of my depth. I ran a complete (deep) scan with stellar phoenix and it found nothing to recover.

Two different enclosures. Both are Mac (HFS) and 2TB, using the Filevault encryption. One definitely fell off the coffee table so I'm guessing some physical issue. It doesn't mount but I can detect it using recovery programs, just that running them on this drive either finds nothing after scanning all sectors, or causes macbook to crash (data rescue 4).

Haven't had a look at the other drive properly yet - will do tonight.

Using boot media is a pain, but if I have to go that way I'll see if I can make something bootable with that mhdd thing on my linux laptop.

Cheers.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm not sure when it goes beyond normal recovery tools - out of my depth. I ran a complete (deep) scan with stellar phoenix and it found nothing to recover.

Two different enclosures. Both are Mac (HFS) and 2TB, using the Filevault encryption. One definitely fell off the coffee table so I'm guessing some physical issue. It doesn't mount but I can detect it using recovery programs, just that running them on this drive either finds nothing after scanning all sectors, or causes macbook to crash (data rescue 4).

Haven't had a look at the other drive properly yet - will do tonight.

Using boot media is a pain, but if I have to go that way I'll see if I can make something bootable with that mhdd thing on my linux laptop.

Cheers.
http://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/

CD-ROM ISO image will be your best bet, but you need a native sata connection, not a USB to sata connection, close to impossible to get working with USB drivers.

If drive one fell off the table while spinning, it's highly likely shagged. A data recovery house might get some recovered but be sitting down when you get the price!

The head scratches the magnetic coating off the platter, and the head is closer to the surface then the now loose particles. Bye bye precious wedding video, everywhere the head has tracked is now scratched.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There is this kid who loves to sit on the aisle seat and put his bag on the window seat. It gets to the point that the bus is full and he refuses to sit next to anyone. A few people have made a fuss about this one dude so nowadays there are a few of us blokes who go straight for that seat next to him regardless if the bus is full or completely empty. The look on his face is priceless when he sees me on the bus knowing he has to sit next to someone. He's tried everything. One time he tried to say the bag was heavy (it clearly wasn't) and the guy made him move it anyway. Most times he just moves to another seat if it's empty and we let that one go. Anyways fun and games.
Wow, thats a thing? Poor bloke must have a few roo's loose in the top paddock. Sounds like the best thing he could do is say G'day and let the first person he comes across to sit next to him.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
http://hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/

CD-ROM ISO image will be your best bet, but you need a native sata connection, not a USB to sata connection, close to impossible to get working with USB drivers.

If drive one fell off the table while spinning, it's highly likely shagged. A data recovery house might get some recovered but be sitting down when you get the price!

The head scratches the magnetic coating off the platter, and the head is closer to the surface then the now loose particles. Bye bye precious wedding video, everywhere the head has tracked is now scratched.
Haha, then I'd have to find a CD drive too! Oh well, I think the first drive is pretty cooked and I'll have to live with that data loss. Think I need to invest in some more robust enclosures given my history.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I call BS to his deep oblivion. He was just putting up a real hard "Dave's not here man..." guys like that can eat a shit sandwich. If you're that precious about personal space buy a coffee and catch a less crowded train in 30 minutes.

I think that's poodle. Can you put googley eyes on so I can confirm my suspicions?
Sorry to disappoint. I am not that young, handsome, nor dapper in attire. I look more like a sprawled out homeless guy wishing for you to sit.next to me.

Plus I can't wear that much clothing on pubic transport, the air con is always too hot. Just the beanie on its own would have me drenched in sweat!

I'm not a seasoned train traveler so bear with me: Is there a spot on trains to stow any luggage? I'd thought about traveling from an airport to accommodation with a 23kg bag each and thought it'd be a total headfuck putting it on a train. I even considered tackling one journey with a bike bag......................:tsk:
Do it. I've done it a lot of times - bike, bike bag, bike box, bike and bike frame, 2 bikes, snowboarding gear, 4 teenagers and theor bikes...it is public transport and you have a right to use it.just like everyone else. In some cases first in first served is the way of it.

But don't be a dick. I don't travel with piles of shit during peak times unless it can't be avoided. And yeah one time I pulled into shinjuku station at 5:30pm with all my snow gear. I did feel like a bit of a nob that time!

A lot of the old train carriages on my line to Sydney have had seats removed and luggage racks put in. The new trains on the line also have a lot more room in the "foyer" for luggage, wheelchairs, prams, and other less mobile passengers. The don't however have any specific space for bikes...

Keep at it and get right up in that pike's grill. Eat a back or chips or cup of noodles next.to him for extra laughs.

Wow, thats a thing? Poor bloke must have a few roo's loose in the top paddock. Sounds like the best thing he could do is say G'day and let the first person he comes across to sit next to him.
You have much to learn about the ways of public transport padawan...much. It's mostly fucking wierdos.