Little Things You Hate

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've fucking had it with bells on bikes. Use your voice you entitled fucking wankers. If you're going that fast on a shared space that you need to ring a fucking bell to alert someone of your Godly presence then you should get yourself on the nearest bus instead. You're not being polite, you're just demanding people get out of your way. You can fuck off. Fight me.
Agreed. Going for a walk around any shared use path in inner Melbourne will give you plenty of evidence for why so many people hate us. Too many entitled ****s overtaking in munted places or taking stupidly dangerous gaps because how dare their progress be hindered in any way by anything else to have to slow down slightly. Roadies and idiots barely piloting those electric pos cargo bikes are the worst - can't handle riding on roads but once they're on paths they seemingly just wind their 30kg tanks up as fast as they'll go.

Last edited:

zac

Likes Dirt
Weren't they one of the grunge bands that campaigned against ticket master's monopoly and stupid to ket prices once upon a time?
Yep... so bloody dirty... apparently you had to pre register for the sale too - something about restricting scalping and keeping a lid on ticketmasters bullshit... I see that worked really well

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep... so bloody dirty... apparently you had to pre register for the sale too - something about restricting scalping and keeping a lid on ticketmasters bullshit... I see that worked really well

Maybe they are trying to out do swift for sales records.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
sometimes things are just shit...
Should be over the moon as I just flew into NZ, but instead I'm feeling a bit guilty and gutted as just found out our 10yr old greyhound pooch more than likely has bone cancer. She had an injury about a month ago In the shoulder and gone a bit lame since. Vets gave some anti inflammatory and prescribed rest (basically all she does anyway, if you've had an old greyhound you'd get it)... Wasnt really getting any better and this morning as I opened the front door to pack the car for the airport she sprung up enthusiastically as she does and then very quickly started yelping and fell into a pile...
Here's me boarding a plane to paradise and Mon having to take her to the vet hospital, X-rays revealed that the bone has a fracture, doesn't look right and is a bit withered when compared to the good side... feck it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That sucks @Mattyp . My last dog went out in a similar way. The day before I flew to Japan she started limping a little. I figured, no worries...she was quite active and had probably just hurt her leg, it'll be fine in a few days. Came home to an empty house...had a special lady at the time who had meant to be there when I got home to let me know what had happened. Turned out some sort of hideous ulcer blew up in the dogs foot and the vet suggested some very drastic surgery that may or may not work as similar ulcer was found elsewhere on the body, or the long sleep. So my mum arranged for my dad (not often on good terms with each other) to take the dog to the vet one last time. I might get a new dog one day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My laundry bag of sweaty socks, jocks, and t-shirts is fucking rank! I had washed everything before coming to madarao, so it is only 4 days worth of items, but...well it has been sitting on underfloor heating and the juices have formed thick condensation on the plastic bag. I'm looking forward to my next laundry day!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My laundry bag of sweaty socks, jocks, and t-shirts is fucking rank! I had washed everything before coming to madarao, so it is only 4 days worth of items, but...well it has been sitting on underfloor heating and the juices have formed thick condensation on the plastic bag. I'm looking forward to my next laundry day!
Maybe?
IMG_2485.jpeg

safreek

Pearl Jam ticket prices... 2-300 for nosebleed at Carrara? What the fuck? I particularly like how there's a note that says something about tickets being priced at market value too...
Yeah, maybe for Tay Tay. Pearl jam should be around a ton

Reactions: zac

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
sometimes things are just shit...
Should be over the moon as I just flew into NZ, but instead I'm feeling a bit guilty and gutted as just found out our 10yr old greyhound pooch more than likely has bone cancer. She had an injury about a month ago In the shoulder and gone a bit lame since. Vets gave some anti inflammatory and prescribed rest (basically all she does anyway, if you've had an old greyhound you'd get it)... Wasnt really getting any better and this morning as I opened the front door to pack the car for the airport she sprung up enthusiastically as she does and then very quickly started yelping and fell into a pile...
Here's me boarding a plane to paradise and Mon having to take her to the vet hospital, X-rays revealed that the bone has a fracture, doesn't look right and is a bit withered when compared to the good side... feck it.
Any update @Mattyp?

Shit situation regardless, went through something similar six weeks ago when my parent's Greyhound Daisy died. 11 years old but just a bunch of simmering / manageable health issues detonated and we had to put her down. So I feel for you, it permeates everything.

Upside for my story was parentals (un)surprisingly picked up another rescue Greyhound on an adoption day they just happened to be walking past a couple of weeks ago. His name is Hoagie. He's still pretty nervous but has good eyebrow game.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Any update @Mattyp?

Shit situation regardless, went through something similar six weeks ago when my parent's Greyhound Daisy died. 11 years old but just a bunch of simmering / manageable health issues detonated and we had to put her down. So I feel for you, it permeates everything.

Upside for my story was parentals (un)surprisingly picked up another rescue Greyhound on an adoption day they just happened to be walking past a couple of weeks ago. His name is Hoagie. He's still pretty nervous but has good eyebrow game.
Yeah the news is grim... she is also "Daisy".
Scans have gone to a radiologist for review but vet is fairly confident, especially as greyhounds are predisposed to bone cancer and apparently the shoulder joint is a very common place for it to appear...
Options are amputation, which they say she is a good candidate for as not overweight and fairly active. She is getting up there in age though and I'm not sure I'd want to be getting my leg cut off at age 70. Greyhound life expectancy is 10-14years...
The other option is well...good night.
Mon wants to try and ease the pain and let her live out her years... I have concerns about quality of life after this though. the pooch loves runs on the beach and following me around the forest on hikes etc...
It's still shit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yeah the news is grim... she is also "Daisy".
Scans have gone to a radiologist for review but vet is fairly confident, especially as greyhounds are predisposed to bone cancer and apparently the shoulder joint is a very common place for it to appear...
Options are amputation, which they say she is a good candidate for as not overweight and fairly active. She is getting up there in age though and I'm not sure I'd want to be getting my leg cut off at age 70. Greyhound life expectancy is 10-14years...
The other option is well...good night.
Mon wants to try and ease the pain and let her live out her years... I have concerns about quality of life after this though. the pooch loves runs on the beach and following me around the forest on hikes etc...
It's still shit.
Just been through very similar with our oldest cat. 19.5 years old. He had something growing where it shouldnt and dropped a heap of weight in a few weeks and was troubled. After a couple of vet visits we had him euthanised. He was the third to get to that age so like the others clearly part of our family. Pick the option that minimises the pain and discomfort for the animal. The previous cat was almost 20. Had a growth. Vet said we can surgery that and she will have another 6 months of lazing around doing cat stuff. She was barely healed from surgery when there were complications. Poor girl was in discomfort for the last couple of months. I was sick with guilt. Contrast that with the one before, he was hit by a car and had a back leg amputated at age 4. He lived to 20 and was not bothered by being a tripod.

Tough decision but do what is right for the animal please. I just wish we had had the option of the same for humans.

cammas

Seamstress
I would say it’s Eddies wife who would be making sure the prices are up, apparently she’s a bit of a take no prisoners executive type, currently there’s a bit of a stoush going between them and an Australian family over a charity which is named after the couple’s daughter. Heard the interview with the dad and the Vedders are threatening lawsuits etc, your typical American thing, but he said it’s not Eddie but his wife, who he said was a real hard arse with the board of directors etc.

cammas

Seamstress
I've fucking had it with bells on bikes. Use your voice you entitled fucking wankers. If you're going that fast on a shared space that you need to ring a fucking bell to alert someone of your Godly presence then you should get yourself on the nearest bus instead. You're not being polite, you're just demanding people get out of your way. You can fuck off. Fight me.
Fight on!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck you gravel grinders! I got word there was some mountain biking to be had in Madarao. The good word too...that there's good trails and I'd be well catered for...only when I finally find some solid info it's 2 trails that are designed for gravel grinders and hikers to share. Talk about a waste of opportunity.

safreek

Fuck you gravel grinders! I got word there was some mountain biking to be had in Madarao. The good word too...that there's good trails and I'd be well catered for...only when I finally find some solid info it's 2 trails that are designed for gravel grinders and hikers to share. Talk about a waste of opportunity.
Bloody gravelophobe ;)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm going to ride on these coat tails because I fucking hate bells! They are an obnoxious addition to your bike. I spend a lot of time riding on a shared path and the number of douche bags powering along ding a ling ding donging frantically is ridiculous. If you feel the need to race along do what I do when I'm in a hurry...ride on the road. I opt for a polite and chipper "excuse me please" when I need to pass someone, which brings me to my other pet peeve...or three. People who walk spread out like they are searching in long grass for a snake. Have some common sense you dickheads! Old people who hate bikes, go walking where there isn't a shared path cunts. And lastly...people who are all "where is your bell?" I left it on your mum's dresser. You have heard me comming well before I would have rung a bell and I know this because you turned and looked at me when you heard my not very quiet rear hub and when I have gotten close to you (as oer above) you have heard a polite (and uncharacteristic) "excuse me please". I personally much prefer that to an obnoxious bell and your childish sneer just shows you have limited brain function, don't like bikes, and can't find a dog that likes you.

And fuck trail runners.
I don't hate bells, but I don't have one and prefer to just say "G'day, just passing on you right/left" It's been said here before that bells are just pedestrian randomisers. At least if you tell them which side you are passing on you have a reasonable chance that they don't step out in front of you. I also quite often get a "thank you" for a verbal warning rather than making them jump with a bell.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I don't hate bells, but I don't have one and prefer to just say "G'day, just passing on you right/left" It's been said here before that bells are just pedestrian randomisers. At least if you tell them which side you are passing on you have a reasonable chance that they don't step out in front of you. I also quite often get a "thank you" for a verbal warning rather than making them jump with a bell.
Because the govt puts up signs here to ring your bell, some pedestrians try to pick a fight with you if you say "passing on the right". I use a soft bell and most people who walk the paths regularly are quite respectful when passing.

I think it's the 'you need rego' lot that makes an issue out of it and more often than not, you get the "your bike is illegal because you don't have a bell". Going off to the side of the paths here to overtake people is a big no-no as they can leave stumps and large holes in the long grass.