Little Things You Hate

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Sigh. Was coming down Macquarie st the other day in the right lane - rolling down the hill to pick up the bike path down at the habour and he changes lane virtually on top of me with no indicator. I asked him if he had seen me (at the lights 50m down the road he was so desperate to arrive quickly to) and got told to get fucked cunt. Instant response to any implied criticism is just instant aggression. I dont get it - what's wrong with "oh shit sorry mate!"

Just exhausting.
I think my favourite bit of random aggression I've had was riding home one day I saw a mate in his car coming the other way, so I flipped him my best military salute with my right hand from the brim of my helmet. At the same time a P plater passes me heading in the same direction, and 200m up the road pulls into a layby, hops out and stands beside the car. When I get up there 30 seconds later he proceeds to accuse me of flipping him the bird and threatens to punch my lights out. Talk about spoiling for a fight

Flow-Rider

Burner
Oh they had the tatts, the piercings, the funky hair cut...and the Latte art was still AWOL but it was obvious aanattempt was made. It actually isn't very hard to pour a heart, in fact it is as easy as pouring the milk in (unless you're into that pseudo milk...). I've also noticed the size and scope of McCafe produces a huge amount of unemployed baristas aged just too old for maccas to want anymore. These folks sit at a point on the incompetence vs confidence matrix where it would be better to employ someone who had just flipped their burgers or worked a cash register.
I think anyone who works at Mc Doodles has a hearing problem or doesn't know a thing about coffee. I ask for a coffee Mocha and I get a frozen latte, I ask for a milkshake and I end up with a thickshake. Then they fill the cups all the way to the top and leak all over my car, use your friggen brain you silly kids.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sigh. Was coming down Macquarie st the other day in the right lane - rolling down the hill to pick up the bike path down at the habour and he changes lane virtually on top of me with no indicator. I asked him if he had seen me (at the lights 50m down the road he was so desperate to arrive quickly to) and got told to get fucked cunt. Instant response to any implied criticism is just instant aggression. I dont get it - what's wrong with "oh shit sorry mate!"

Just exhausting.
I just accept it as part of the riding experience these days until they get out of the car and offer to fight me. :D

I had a young bloke in an FC Holden years ago come up behind me and blow his air horn. I flipped him the bird and then he waited up the end of the street saying he was going to run me over and such. A few days later I saw his car down at the local Bunnings and thought twice about kicking his door in but that would make me worse than him.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When I used to run the downhill club in these parts I had this guy that went around town telling people how much he helped out at the races, said was good mates with ol' Doze yet he had never even been to the venue nor had much to do with me other than saying hi when he zoomed past on his XC bike on my morning walk. Years later I'm walking my little Pup along a wide shared path just behind our beautiful beaches stopping to say hi to all the new things my Pup is learning. Labs are friendly, she's the happiest dog on earth and loves to make people smile; its absolutely the best lesson in how to live your life. Anyway, we're stopped doing a sniff with another dog and occupying two thirds the width of the path for a few seconds. All the passers by are saying hi and smiling at the happy Pups. In the distance I see this guy approaching in Boost mode, head kinda down and fucking motoring. He rides with a half face helmet that has no visor so he looks the proper cockhead. He gets twenty meters away, locks up showing off and stops a couple of meters from the girl holding the other dog lead. This moron then yells at the small group of happy folks saying "Fucking retards! Move you spastics". I was furious, I let him know the thoughts of the collective group and ventured off again with Pup. I had a great play on the beach with Pup and made my way back to the beachside coffee hut adjoining the next beach along our coast. At that beach inside the harbour, once a month heaps of volunteers get together and run the "Surfing for the disabled" day. Its the best! They have huge boards, chairs with big floaty wheels then they make a line in the water so they can push people on the boards along the line to the shore. It totally restores your faith in humans again, it really is the best thing to see. They have so many volunteers for this that they almost have too many people in the water helping, so good to see. Anyway, my beautiful wife has arrived after her gym class, we're chatting away watching the harbour and who rocks up? Captain fuckwit on his ebike that made his presence known an hour earlier on the shared path. I'm not one to miss an opportunity so I handed the Pup lead over, sat my cup down and said "I'll be back in a sec". Captain fuckwit has parked his Jetski of the mountain bike world in a spot where everyone can admire his shaved legs and sits on the steps with a huff of pretend exhaustion. I stood in a spot kinda next to & behind him so the shadow stood over him. In his direct view is the quickshade that the volunteers have set up. He looked up all sassy at me and realised the silhouette was the guy he just got all lippy at. I said "Oi fuck features. How about you mouth off again about disabled people you fucking hero". He tried to backpedal, said he was talking about blah blah blah. I knelt down beside him and said quietly enough "You fucking ride like that in a crowd again near me you'll be needing to make a booking to get a spot in the water with these cool cats".

I didn't smell the wee that he excreted but he took off real quick. His shitbox ebike was in top gear but was turned off so he looked like a real wanker riding off mashing gears and trying to clip in. I had quite the chuckle. I sat back down. Wifey topped the ocassion off by saying "Is that the wanker that rides the B lines on the XC tracks?" Boy I laughed.

Attachments

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
I just accept it as part of the riding experience these days until they get out of the car and offer to fight me. :D

I had a young bloke in an FC Holden years come up behind me and blow his air horn. I flipped him the bird and then he waited up the end of the street saying he was going to run me over and such. A few days later I saw his car down at the local Bunnings and thought twice about kicking his door in but that would make me worse than him.
Occasionally occurs to me the similarity in size and shape between a frame mounted pump, and an extendable baton :p

Not my cup of tea but...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When I used to run the downhill club in these parts I had this guy that went around town telling people how much he helped out at the races, said was good mates with ol' Doze yet he had never even been to the venue nor had much to do with me other than saying hi when he zoomed past on his XC bike on my morning walk. Years later I'm walking my little Pup along a wide shared path just behind our beautiful beaches stopping to say hi to all the new things my Pup is learning. Labs are friendly, she's the happiest dog on earth and loves to make people smile; its absolutely the best lesson in how to live your life. Anyway, we're stopped doing a sniff with another dog and occupying two thirds the width of the path for a few seconds. All the passers by are saying hi and smiling at the happy Pups. In the distance I see this guy approaching in Boost mode, head kinda down and fucking motoring. He rides with a half face helmet that has no visor so he looks the proper cockhead. He gets twenty meters away, locks up showing off and stops a couple of meters from the girl holding the other dog lead. This moron then yells at the small group of happy folks saying "Fucking retards! Move you spastics". I was furious, I let him know the thoughts of the collective group and ventured off again with Pup. I had a great play on the beach with Pup and made my way back to the beachside coffee hut adjoining the next beach along our coast. At that beach inside the harbour, once a month heaps of volunteers get together and run the "Surfing for the disabled" day. Its the best! They have huge boards, chairs with big floaty wheels then they make a line in the water so they can push people on the boards along the line to the shore. It totally restores your faith in humans again, it really is the best thing to see. They have so many volunteers for this that they almost have too many people in the water helping, so good to see. Anyway, my beautiful wife has arrived after her gym class, we're chatting away watching the harbour and who rocks up? Captain fuckwit on his ebike that made his presence known an hour earlier on the shared path. I'm not one to miss an opportunity so I handed the Pup lead over, sat my cup down and said "I'll be back in a sec". Captain fuckwit has parked his Jetski of the mountain bike world in a spot where everyone can admire his shaved legs and sits on the steps with a huff of pretend exhaustion. I stood in a spot kinda next to & behind him so the shadow stood over him. In his direct view is the quickshade that the volunteers have set up. He looked up all sassy at me and realised the silhouette was the guy he just got all lippy at. I said "Oi fuck features. How about you mouth off again about disabled people you fucking hero". He tried to backpedal, said he was talking about blah blah blah. I knelt down beside him and said quietly enough "You fucking ride like that in a crowd again near me you'll be needing to make a booking to get a spot in the water with these cool cats".

I didn't smell the wee that he excreted but he took off real quick. His shitbox ebike was in top gear but was turned off so he looked like a real wanker riding off mashing gears and trying to clip in. I had quite the chuckle. I sat back down. Wifey topped the ocassion off by saying "Is that the wanker that rides the B lines on the XC tracks?" Boy I laughed.

He sounds like a top bloke @Dozer ! I wish there were people like that around here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well...

- I was planning to hit some dirt today and see if I can remember how to ride, but it is raining.
- despite the rain it is still quite warm, so I am sweating. Maybe I am not acclimatised, but it is a gross feeling.
- local Cafe is pretty busy. I choose to sit inside where there is less people as it is less noisy. But there is a person having coffee with what appear to be her parents and oh my is there some drama going on. You know the sort that causes some elevated venting to just flow and flow and flow...fills the whole room.
- yesterday walking home from same Cafe a local miscreant that I loosely know rides past, recognises me, and tries to make a note of where I am headed...yep, definitely trying to make a note of which is my house. I'm wise to it so walk through to the car parking and pretend I don't recognise him and sure enough as I am pretending a random car is mine he comes riding past real slow with a rubber neck. But makes for a diversion thinking I haven't seen him. Now I'll have to be a little cautious for a few weeks, pretty sure he will be back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Well...

- I was planning to hit some dirt today and see if I can remember how to ride, but it is raining.
- despite the rain it is still quite warm, so I am sweating. Maybe I am not acclimatised, but it is a gross feeling.
- local Cafe is pretty busy. I choose to sit inside where there is less people as it is less noisy. But there is a person having coffee with what appear to be her parents and oh my is there some drama going on. You know the sort that causes some elevated venting to just flow and flow and flow...fills the whole room.
- yesterday walking home from same Cafe a local miscreant that I loosely know rides past, recognises me, and tries to make a note of where I am headed...yep, definitely trying to make a note of which is my house. I'm wise to it so walk through to the car parking and pretend I don't recognise him and sure enough as I am pretending a random car is mine he comes riding past real slow with a rubber neck. But makes for a diversion thinking I haven't seen him. Now I'll have to be a little cautious for a few weeks, pretty sure he will be back.
Best make a fake call when faced with the above... "you know my mate Simon, <pause>, yeah, <pause>, well I haven't worked out how to tell him I am sleeping with his younger sister, <pause>, yeah, <pause>, well it just got a bit more complicated, I went over there but neither were home but his mum was there and you know one thing led to another, <pause>, and now I am fucking them both, <pause>, yeah I know...
The second is to lead them onto greener pastures and a house where a baseball bat lives.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
LTIH - People who use their foot/shoe to press the button for a pedestrian crossing. Why is this even a thing? (I'm guessing...) "Oh, I don't want germs on my hand!!!" - Well bump it with you elbow or cover your hand with your shirt or something. Nobody wants your dog-shit laced shoe germs on a press button.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
LTIH - People who use their foot/shoe to press the button for a pedestrian crossing. Why is this even a thing? (I'm guessing...) "Oh, I don't want germs on my hand!!!" - Well bump it with you elbow or cover your hand with your shirt or something. Nobody wants your dog-shit laced shoe germs on a press button.
There's traffic lights in your town?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
These big city slickers. Prolly even has a supermarket.
Two supermarkets, two pharmacies, and a local hospital - we're pretty much a major city.

...or maybe there's just an incredibly high proportion of elderly people. :)

(they make good neighbours though!) ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The second is to lead them onto greener pastures and a house where a baseball bat lives.
The problem is being there when they visit. Pretty sure I gave a successful shake off yesterday. Also pretty sure I'll run into this clown around the supermarket I use (market town) soon enough.

I reckon I'm flexible enough to do that. I'll give it a try next time I need to push the button.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Two supermarkets, two pharmacies, and a local hospital - we're pretty much a major city.

...or maybe there's just an incredibly high proportion of elderly people. :)

(they make good neighbours though!) ;)
Yeah, we don't have any of that high falutin stuff.

But we do have three pubs.

That's normal for a small hamlet, isn't it........?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The problem is being there when they visit. Pretty sure I gave a successful shake off yesterday. Also pretty sure I'll run into this clown around the supermarket I use (market town) soon enough.

I reckon I'm flexible enough to do that. I'll give it a try next time I need to push the button.
I was followed home by a BLF thug when we first moved to WA for a project, the old intimidate shit they pulled back then. Made it really obvious. I drove to a vacant house we had been shown as a possible renter. Parked on the drive. They sat in their car opposite. I grabbed the junk mail and walked around the back. They drove off. I went home. A week or so later I got a text at 1am saying we know where your daughter goes to school. Arseholes.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I was followed home by a BLF thug when we first moved to WA for a project, the old intimidate shit they pulled back then. Made it really obvious. I drove to a vacant house we had been shown as a possible renter. Parked on the drive. They sat in their car opposite. I grabbed the junk mail and walked around the back. They drove off. I went home. A week or so later I got a text at 1am saying we know where your daughter goes to school. Arseholes.
Fark , that would enough to make me go all

1710663428923.png